Thread: Help needed with editing Median reforms

Default Help needed with editing Median reforms

Hello everyone,

First off thank you for the great work in creating this mod. It's provided countless hours of fun complexity.

Atropatkan is my favourite faction because of the diversity of the unit roster and that they have strong AP units, without which fights literally take foverever when you get to fight the heavily armored Greeks or Romans. For my next playthrough I am looking to migrate westward as a smaller faction because I'd like to fight the Romans and experience different landscapes & moving chaos before the point of steamrolling the map. Because of this I am not able to unlock the 2nd reforms due to the territory ownership requirements, plus that I'd like to move the reforms forward a bit.

So I've got PFM and been trying edits to the deipack1 which got all the info, mostly in the saka_reforms.lua which contains the median reforms triggers. I am able to get the first reforms edited working either right from game start or through the turn + countdown triggers reducing to turns 2 & 3 (for testing purposes), but for the life of me I can't get the unit cards of the 2nd reform to appear in either the building browser or recruitment panels.

I've tried any kind of adjustment and variation to them that I can think of could work, such as editing the turns + countdown trigger and removing territory requirements, making sure they happen after the first reforms are completed, moving the 2nd reforms units to the 1st reform section at the top of the file, removing or editing some of the earlier sections of the median reforms functions which deal with blocking the units chosen as restricted, or flat out removing much or all the median reforms functions/code. I've also gone in the building-units-allowed lua ticky box enabled these lockable units but all that seems to do is remove even the 1st reform units that I can normally get to work.

It's probably going to be a really simple thing once you know how to do it, but I've spent 4 hours straight on this constantly trying new adjustments and testing and I can't find any other things to try anymore, but clearly I must be overlooking something. Please help.

Thank you,
    Axel

Default Re: Help needed with editing Median reforms

And the thing that I overlooked was ..... drumroll ..... researching the technologies in-game.Once I realised that out it was basically just adjusting the turns and removing the city requirements.Cheers

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Help needed with editing Median reforms

I'd post the link of this question to DEI's discord where most of this discussion went. It's impossible to ask a complex question there (i've tried), but you should post a quick one and link to this thread on TWC to get a better reply