Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II v2.4a released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II v2.4 released!

I did googled what, in a cube, EOP is. But can someone tell me, what it does exactly for EB2? What does it improve?

Do you guys have new bodyguard unit for romans in your campaign and custom battles?
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

Noob question:
    I started a Halmalkot ha'Nabatigame in 2.4 and after a few turns realized... they have no ethnicities?
    Is this a bug or intended?
    I ask since everyone else seems to have them.
    Sorry if this has been answered before I tried to google-fu the question but found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by europe1 View Post
    Noob question:
    I started a Halmalkot ha'Nabatigame in 2.4 and after a few turns realized... they have no ethnicities?
    Is this a bug or intended?
    I ask since everyone else seems to have them.
    Sorry if this has been answered before I tried to google-fu the question but found nothing.
    They don't have any yet. We do now have some ideas for implementing them, but it hasn't been done yet because we don't have anyone on the team dedicated to traits.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    They don't have any yet. We do now have some ideas for implementing them, but it hasn't been done yet because we don't have anyone on the team dedicated to traits.
    I see!
    Thanks for the explenation!

If y'all would hurry up and get me up and running, I will be all over this

What do people make to the changes to javelin-armed cavalry?
    I use javelin cav for 3 things: engaging horse archers, running down routing units, and charging into the rear of light units like slingers or archers.

I have noticed that they seem to do slightly better at fighting horse archers than they used to - maybe it's the higher attack but their javelins seem to "hit the mark" and cause casualties more often when they charge in or are in pursuit.

I normally recruit them when I know I will be facing HAs or lots of light cav. That hasn't changed, I still use them in certain types of armies. Not really a staple unit for me, though.

I don't really use them to skirmish - too micro-intensive for me - so maybe somebody else who uses them that way could weigh in on their effectiveness in that role.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

WOOOW Thanks so much EB2 Team for the effort for this AMAZING mod! Are you planning to release a Player Guide for 2,4? Reforms and buildings are still the same from the previous version?

Semisalis

Playing as the romans javelin armed cavalry is pretty much all you can recruit in italy. Let me say that i like them a lot. Oscan and lucanian cavalry are a very solid unit, capable of inflicting losses on the enemy without suffering any, or very few at most, in return and then charge weakened targets of opportunity. I even prefer them over the more elite oscan lancers, the slightly higher durability and charge bonus don't make up for the ability to kill enemies from afar. That being said i still find them a bit of a pita to manage due to their range, especially in jav cav vs jav cav fights that take forever to expend all javelins. I think that the issue boils down to the fact that cavalry units occupy more space than infantry ones. This means that men sitting on the far side of the unit from the enemy are not within throwing range, even more so if you put them in loose formation. Thus only the forward ranks are able to throw their javelins effectively. This also prevent them from using the skirmish mode effectively. Maybe another slight range increase would help make things better.

Senator

Ok I actually remembered my password.
    engaging horse archers
    Haven't played with jav cav that much but this doesn't really work for me.They aren't able inflict casualties while chasing the HAs and by themself they can't really catch them,at least not any better than medium cav.I have tried to use them to bait heavy cav and it does generally work, but they don't really cause casualties .They were most effectiv against infantry and they can cause a lot of damage as long they can get behind a slow or stationary unit.

Phalanx units feel better and are actually able to cause casualties on their own now, but in pike vs pike fights they seem to walk towards each other until the front ranks are shield to shield which looks a bit weird.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

If you use two javelin cav attacking from opposite sides the HAs get confused and will get run down more often than not. You'll cause casualties when you "crossfire" them, if they're running clean away from you your javelins will often fall short. You don't even really need superior numbers, you just need multiple units coming in from two sides.

Senator

If you use two javelin cav attacking from opposite sides the HAs get confused and will get run down more often than not
    Yeah but that's about positioning and can be done with all types of cav even with cataphracts.It's not something that is unique to javelin units.

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

The end of the turn music has reverted back to the medieval 2 church bells.
    Will the old sound effects return or is it something that can't be put back?

Congratulations to the team for the new release!

Kind regards
    XSamatan

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Yeah but that's about positioning and can be done with all types of cav even with cataphracts.
    You're not wrong! I suppose what I find useful about jav cav is they tend to be fast and cheap and therefore great for clearing out other fast, light cav.

Like sure you could use expensive shock cav, too, but I find it's better to save those guys for those bone-crunching chain-rout charges that cause them minimal casualties and let them rack up kills and XP. Like, if I lose 10 or 20 hetairoi or cataphracts? Genuine tragedy. If I lose two whole units of arachosian cavalry clearing out HAs? Eh. Barely a statistic.

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II v2.4a released!

Links and version updated to a new version - fixed the end turn sound, added the new Roman bodyguard, updated some spawn locations.

No, not savegame compatible. Also links to a non-installer version as well.

A question regarding the new 2.41a patch

2.4 zip is 8,223 gig

2.4 zip is 7,691 gig Why .......?

Is this indicative of corrupt file ? If not what is the new update missing to account for this reduced size?

Thankyou

trojan detected in 2.4a exe

Hello everyone, i have a question. Is there an updated list of the requirement for each faction for the military reforms? I've seen a couple but i think they're outdated and they contradict each other.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by amelius View Post
    trojan detected in 2.4a exe
    Just checked and no there isn't any.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast