Page 25 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamas attacks southern Israel

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Hamas attacks southern Israel

EDIT: NVM
    Last edited by StarDreamer; October 18, 2023 at 02:39 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

@Ludicus

Seems the Law for Sephardi Jew citizenship is being removed, lasting only by 2024. What do you think of this? Is the left really removing citizenship rights of Jews to live here in Modern Age or can you fact check this as a rumour?
    Given the timing, this decision by a majority leftwing government on removing rights of jewish citizenship possibly related to a current conflict in Jerusalem if it rings any bells.

By the far leftist narrative the Inquisition were the based good guys all along now? Or just a case of double think?

https://sicnoticias.pt/pais/2023-10-...-2024-f92992d6
    https://oglobo.globo.com/blogs/portu...farditas.ghtml
    Last edited by fkizz; October 18, 2023 at 10:04 AM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Legitimacy is but one reason. Also, you think if Israel started to carpet bomb Gaza it wouldn't lose legitimacy and freedom to act? come on.
    What's the other reason? Bibi's conscience? And yes, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Israel could find a way to justify nuking Gaza and have the west on its side still. I'm exaggerating yes, but I think I made my point.

However is high enough to cause sufficient international outrage.
    Not much to worry about then. They are just human shields killed by Hamas by putting them in the way afterall.

The nazis were also not offered a negotiated surrender. Hamas isn't far off.
    Sure, continue to pretend that Ruzzia's demands don't equate an unconditional surrender.
    WW2 was the greatest calamity humanity ever suffered and civilians died in droves. You are arguing for a return to that? A time when war crimes were barely even a thing really? Well I suppose considering how much Israel likes committing war crimes with impunity they'd fancy that.
    And yes, I will continue to "pretend" that, with or without your permission. There was several perfectly good opportunities for negotiations with Russia over Ukraine, all wasted and not because of Russia. At the very least, certainly not entirely so.

We shall see. Fingers crossed, every single Hamas member will be annahilated.
    I also hope that Hamas is dismantled. I simply also recognise that it won't end the plight of the Palestinians and wonder if Hamas could become isolated and less relevant (and as such more easily dismantled) if the oppression of the people of Palestine lessened.

Don't play coy, you know what I meant.
    Yes, you meant to accuse me of lying about not trusting any one side and present me instead as Putin's agent or sth. I just pointed out that your attempt to do that rested on some seriously flawed arguments.
    Last edited by Alastor; October 18, 2023 at 10:10 AM.

Here is a long thread on the hospital explosion. One that provides interesting information. Just gotta use that Twitter translation tool for each post. There are some interesting findings and points that no one ever pointed out. It primarily points out how Israel mixed up multiple different incidents to create a favourable narrative. Some of the missiles we see in the videos are actually interceptor missiles coming from the Israeli side. The fragment from the interception can be spotted but it did not fall on the hospital. I'd like to add that the rocket barrage from the AJ footage which makes it as if it's passing by the hospital is not visible from this angle that overlooks the hospital meaning the rocket barrage wasn't really in range to fall on the hospital. There is also noticeable jet engine noise as the explosion at the hospital occurs. The hospital is situated only about 3.5 kms away from the Israeli border which is where the interceptors were sent from. Based on the sound of the strike and a past rocket strike, and comparing it to a JDAM strike in Afghanistan its quite clear which one matches which.
    The Armenian Issue

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I wouldn't be surprised if jihadist Hamas unwittingly (or even not, though the latter would require far more proof) hit the hospital. But even if it (unwittingly) did, the rockets were fired with the intention to retaliate for the ongoing bombing.

It's the same stupid situation (but with a massive number of dead in one single hit...) with Ukraine trying to deflect russian missiles and sending its own anti-missile fire to Poland, killing a couple of innocents there. One side is directly responsible, yet clearly the other side's actions caused it.

The palestinian people must have their own state. Trying to make Hamas itself look like anything other than savages/loons/other insidious entities, is to be scoffed at.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

US vetoed UN resolution urging humanitarian pause/ humanitarian aid to Gaza. Brazil had sponsored the draft.
    It's was a peculiar decision, difficult to understand and justify.

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post

Those wondering about the hospital strike might want to check this out.
    Did you posted a Video from German AfD Member?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    US vetoed UN resolution urging humanitarian pause/ humanitarian aid to Gaza. Brazil had sponsored the draft.
    It's was a peculiar decision, difficult to understand and justify.
    The blood is still drying from the Hamas attacks, you don't have a time out for the enemy to regroup which is what this appears to be.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Seems the Law for Sephardi Jew citizenship is being removed, lasting only by 2024. What do you think of this?
    First: as for the importance of the Jewish community in the Portuguese discoveries, I've written dozens of posts about that. As you know, Portugal was labelled a Jewish country in the Middle Ages.
    --
    Straight to the point: The PS is a centrist party; for some, it leans towards the center-left. The left-wing faction of the PS is equivalent to the progressive wing of the Democratic Party in the USA. Within the PS, there are varying opinions—some more to the right, others more to the left, as is the case in any democratic party.
    With the support of the "PS" ( center-left) and the "Left Bloc," (left) and the abstention of the "Chega,"(far-right) "Iniciativa Liberal," (right) and "Livre" (left) parties, the Government's bill that sets a deadline for the validity of the regime for granting Portuguese nationality to descendants of Sephardic Jews moves on to discussion in the Committee on Constitutional Affairs, Rights, Freedoms, and Guarantees. It is likely to undergo changes there to prevent abuses that have occurred in recent times, especially since the beginning of the war in Ukraine.For example...Portugal to change law under which Roman Abramovich gained citizenship

Edit: But if you think that nationality can be "removed", that's impossible.No one can be deprived of the right to nationality, with Portuguese nationality you will hold the rights inherent to national citizenship. Portuguese nationality is only lost in one circumstance: according to the Constitution, "by any person who, being a national of another State, declares that he or she does not wish to be Portuguese".
    Last edited by Ludicus; October 18, 2023 at 05:30 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Didn't know he was one. Thank you for the information.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    specially since the beginning of the war in Ukraine.For example...Portugal to change law under which Roman Abramovich gained citizenship
    Abramovich didn't cause a good first impression. Became too much the elephant in the room, especially now. "Too big to fail" works in opposite direction in such context.
    And standards to be eligible were too loose. Got your point.
    Regardless imagine if it was a right wing party passing this legislation.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

A holocaust survivor, Gabor Mate speaks about the conflict:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n6xvFw7r9Y

And another of my favorite people, Yanis Varoufakis' views:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FtI-TSuuzc
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    A former AFD-Member. He left the Party before their Racism became unbearable in 2015. Around 2013 the AFD was primarly Anti-Euro.

His Videos are quite informative.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    What's the other reason? Bibi's conscience? And yes, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Israel could find a way to justify nuking Gaza and have the west on its side still. I'm exaggerating yes, but I think I made my point.
    Your point just shows your hostility to the Jewish state, little more. If you look at the total casualties of the Arab-Israeli wars and compare to any other conflict in the middle east perhaps you'd get a better picture.
    The other reason is respect for human rights, believe it or not. And no, not from Bibi, the only thing Bibi cares about is Bibi.
    Not much to worry about then. They are just human shields killed by Hamas by putting them in the way afterall.
    Every civilian death is a tragedy, regardless of whose fault it is.
    WW2 was the greatest calamity humanity ever suffered and civilians died in droves. You are arguing for a return to that? A time when war crimes were barely even a thing really? Well I suppose considering how much Israel likes committing war crimes with impunity they'd fancy that.
    Lol. Calm down.
    I'll repeat, Hamas can lay down their arms and unconditionally surrender. They won't. They'll continue to cause more suffering to their own people.
    And yes, I will continue to "pretend" that, with or without your permission. There was several perfectly good opportunities for negotiations with Russia over Ukraine, all wasted and not because of Russia. At the very least, certainly not entirely so.
    Lol. Lmao, even.

I also hope that Hamas is dismantled. I simply also recognise that it won't end the plight of the Palestinians and wonder if Hamas could become isolated and less relevant (and as such more easily dismantled) if the oppression of the people of Palestine lessened.
    Not dismantled, annahilated. The death penalty in Israel is applicable only to nazis, but luckily this would cover Hamas.
    The conflict cannot be resolved as long as Hamas exists. Once it's gone and PA rule is restored to Gaza then we can truly move towards a resolution.

Israeli army published this recording that's supposed to be a communication between two Hamas members talking about the hospital explosion where they seemingly admit that it was one of their rockets. In the communication one Hamas member talks about how a failed launch from the cemetery close to the hospital hit the hospital. The Israeli army spokesperson also posted this map claiming that it shows the trajectory of the rocket that hit the hospital. The location of origin the maps shows is far away from the cemetery the Hamas members allegedly talked about. At least one of them, if not both, is a lie. If its so obvious that a failed rocket was responsible for the explosion why lie about it so amateurly?
    The Armenian Issue

He said behind the graveyard, not at. You can see on the map trajectories from just behind the hospital. He may have, wrongfully, thought it was one of those that hit the hospital. The call was published as evidence that they're aware it wasn't the IDF, not for an accurate analysis of where it came from. The call is also between two Hamas operatives, discussing a launch by the Islamic Jihad. They may not know where the Jihad has their launchers.

He said behind the graveyard, not at. You can see on the map trajectories from just behind the hospital. He may have, wrongfully, thought it was one of those that hit the hospital. The call was published as evidence that they're aware it wasn't the IDF, not for an accurate analysis of where it came from. The call is also between two Hamas operatives, discussing a launch by the Islamic Jihad. They may not know where the Jihad has their launchers.
    None of what you said is true. The video transcribes as the guy saying "they shot it from the cemetery" which is very close to the hospital. The rocket launch site labeled as in the map is far far away from the cemetery. The guys on the video also not saying that it was from PIJ but that they were saying it was from PIJ because they never saw a rocket fall like that before and then follow that with saying that its from theirs. This really shouldn't be that hard.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    None of what you said is true. The video transcribes as the guy saying "they shot it from the cemetery" which is very close to the hospital.
    Actually we're both right. English translation says from the graveyard, the Hebrew one says from behind it. I don't know which is the correct translation here.

"There is a situation" is Hebrew slang for "It's possible", hence the odd translation.
    The rocket launch site labeled as in the map is far far away from the cemetery.
    I did not say otherwise. I said there's a trajectory originating there as well. You can see it passing through the white circle and continuing onwards.
    The guys on the video also not saying that it was from PIJ but that they were saying it was from PIJ
    ??
    because they never saw a rocket fall like that before and then follow that with saying that its from theirs. This really shouldn't be that hard.
    You neglect to mention the talk about the shrapnel being local.
    I agree though, it's not hard at all.

In the end, perhaps Hamas did misfire a rocket into the hospital... What is true is that the IDF has targeted other civilian infrastructure, such as markets, mosques, and other hospitals/health centers. The IDF has dropped more explosive power into Gaza in the last week than the Americans dropped in Afghanistan in any single year of 20 years of war there.

'Let's talk about those Israeli bombs. Israel has dropped more bombs on Gaza in the first week of this campaign, about 6,000 or so, than the U.S. dropped on Afghanistan in any single year of 20 years of war, as you know."
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ex...s%20you%20know.

The IDF denying this one attack is like a serial killer denying that he killed one victim when there are twenty other bodies that have his fingerprints all over them. Biden's response defending the IDF and saying that the hospital wasn't destroyed by the IDF is like the corrupt police man of the village defending the serial killer for not killing that one victim and ignoring the other 20 bodies.

Here's a live map of the damage so far:
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/longf...s-live-tracker

Last edited by Siblesz; October 19, 2023 at 06:28 AM.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Siblesz View Post
    In the end, perhaps Hamas did misfire a rocket into the hospital... What is true is that the IDF has targeted other civilian infrastructure, such as markets, mosques, and other hospitals/health centers. The IDF has dropped more explosive power into Gaza in the last two weeks than the Americans dropped in Afghanistan in the whole time of their war and occupation there.

Here's a live map of the damage so far:
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/longf...s-live-tracker
    You mean the Israelis have dropped around the same amount of bombs in Gaza as the US did in one year in Afghanistan. The US on average dropped between 5000 to 7000 bombs per year in Afghanistan. The Israelis have dropped around 6000 total.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.