Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

Thorbjorn Jagelund's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

Hi everybody,
    I've recently redowloaded the mod to an older laptop and I have some trouble running the game and was thinking maybe you guys can help me. When I boot up the game, it starts in a 1024x768 resolution. When I change it to 1920x1080 and save my other preferances, it does save. Then when I start a game, randomly it just crashes to desktop saying it "encountered and error and will now terminate". When I turn it back on, all the options revert back to their original versions. I have played the mod with this laptop in the past and even though it sometimes crashed, the reverting of options is new. Also the game chugs on campaign map but only sometimes, like I get 10 frames while scrolling and when I restart the game, it scrolls normally. Did I biff the installment? I'm using the SSHIP 098 launcher.bat to launch the game, is that wrong? Any advice and insight is welcome.
    Thanks.

EDIT:
    My specs are:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
    8 GB of RAM
    Windows 10 64 bit OS
    NVIDIA Geforce MX150 and Intel UHD Graphics 620

I know the GPU is old but I used to be able to run the mod in the past so I don't know.
    Last edited by Thorbjorn Jagelund; February 04, 2024 at 04:58 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Have you patched the kingdoms.exe executable in the game's root folder?
    With mods/SSHIP_098/Large Address Aware.exe

This could be the problem.

Default Re: 098 : Mod is NOT RUNNING, what to do? (also crashes and other technical)

Hi friend, I think I know what to do as I've had a similar problem installing SSHIP_098 on other PCs.
    1 - Go to mods/SSHIP_098/configuration.cfg
    2 - Change the desired resolution here:
    [video]
    ### If you want to enable windowed mode, uncomment the following settings and adapt them to you screen resolution
    borderless_window =true
    windowed =true
    # battle_resolution = 1920 1080 # Resolution on the battle map - (h*w)
    # campaign_resolution = 1920 1080 # Resolution on the campaign map - (h*w)
    tga_width = 1680
    ### Movies
    3 - Save the file and restart the game
    4 - Then go to the game's video configuration to confirm your resolution.
    The game should now start correctly.

For slowdowns on the campaign map, deselecting the current object is often enough to restore fluidity.

Did you remember to install Large Address Aware.exe (found in the SSHIP_098 folder) on the kingdoms.exe executable?

Thorbjorn Jagelund's Avatar Foederatus

I did not know about the adress aware thing :/ Do I just run the .exe and install it wherever the kingdoms.exe is?
    Thank you for the resolution fix
    Do you have any diea why the crashes happen?

EDIT: I have done the LAA thing on both medieval2.exe and kingdoms.exe just to be sure. Thanks for that
    Last edited by Thorbjorn Jagelund; February 04, 2024 at 05:43 AM.

Hello folks, I reach the turn 210 with Norway and that crash comes out

image: https://prnt.sc/9xOuSo9jIA8c

Anyone can help with that?

Please upload your backup to a server so that we can test it.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Mocho41 View Post
    Hello folks, I reach the turn 210 with Norway and that crash comes out
    image: https://prnt.sc/9xOuSo9jIA8c
    Anyone can help with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Please upload your backup to a server so that we can test it.
    answered here.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    # battle_resolution = 1920 1080 # Resolution on the battle map - (h*w)
    # campaign_resolution = 1920 1080 # Resolution on the campaign map - (h*w)
    Nothing will happen unless you remove the hash sign in front of the line - it is the equivalent of a semi colon in text files. And that one simply stops anything after it in that line from being processed.

Once that is done then the resolution will be get written to the main CFG file. I do however think that Jagelund's CFG file might be write protected (some prior manual changes perhaps) and that's why his setting doesn't 'stick'

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_Auditore View Post
    Hi, I've been having a problem with the mod. After a couple of turns the trees strat to flicker and the FPS goes completly down. Also i'm stuck in my french campaign, after I took Clermont by battle the mod crashes and shows a message about somre graphic fatal issue and that I should lower the graphics options but I think my system should handle the mod perfectly.

My System Specs: Core i7-13700F, RX 6800XT, 16GB RAM and Windows 11.
    I had the same issue. After disabling "Campaign Shadows" in Graphics settings the flicker and frame drop went away. Uncheck "Campaign Shadows", its right under "Grass Detail". I have a RT 6750XT, so I think the problem may have something to do with ATI graphics. I haven't played any long campaign yet so I hope this works for you. I noticed its only certain trees that cause this problem.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You may have to update the DirectX SDK: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/down...s.aspx?id=6812

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789