Thread: DEI with Caesar in Gaul 2022

Default DEI with Caesar in Gaul 2022

Hi there,

I'm having a strange issue. After the 2nd turn in CiG, all my armies/generals (including enemies, it seems) lose about 90% of their movement range or more. It would take me 12 or more turns to get from one region to another. I fought a battle in turn number 2 and it worked properly. Having no problems in grand campaign.

My mod list (steam workshop):

All diplomatic options submod - DEI
    DEI 2x building/tech cost & time
    DEI 1 2 & 3 (1.3)

Thanks!

Edit/Update:
    I removed the diplomatic options and 2x building/tech submods, started fresh, conquered the first helveti settlement, subjugated them and... same thing. I attached a screenshot

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2776374069

I also reloaded and tried occupying in case creating a client state was the issue and same result. All my generals lose the ability to really move anywhere.
    Last edited by evanater2013; March 09, 2022 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added screenshot and updates

Foederatus

Default Re: DEI with Caesar in Gaul 2022

Is the 2nd turn winter? Seasonal effects can have a huge impact on movement range, income, unit morale and others. In the bottom left panel of your region info there is a sign that says what season the region is in, and what the effects are. Usually the movement is really effected in the smaller campaigns, especially CiG which takes place in the colder north. At least, that is my experience.

The bottom right said it was in May. I should have taken a screenshot. Even with just a general with cavalry, each turn it got worse. Like I would click for him to go a few steps and the line would be red, blue, green, purple... dots not lines, as they had no length to them. That's how bad it got.
    Last edited by evanater2013; March 09, 2022 at 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Foederatus

Ok that's weird. Never experienced anything like that before.

Edit: Have you tried disabling the building/research submod? Don't know if it might have some effect on movement points. Perhaps start a new CiG campaign without it, then another one with it and see if the problem reproduces.
    Last edited by Ekoten; March 09, 2022 at 05:21 AM.

Good idea, I'll try that today and report back. Thanks Ekoten

Tried without any submods, this happened as soon as I subjugated the first settlement. I'll try taking it without subjugating and see if that's the issue?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2776374069

Update: nope, same result :/
    Last edited by evanater2013; March 09, 2022 at 08:29 PM.

I'm having this exact same issue in December 2023.
    Wonder what causes it?