Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contributions, Fixes, Additions, Sub-Mods

Default Re: Contributions and User Modifications

@xeno_cws

It doesn't slow down the campaign because I only gave scripts to the owners of the capitols. that means very few lines in the campaign script. maybe at most 10 seconds delay

@tornnight

yes it's a bit strong in the beginning but later portugal managed to take cordoba even without a full stack at around 1105.
    Last edited by Bosphoran; June 19, 2007 at 08:04 AM.
    Hello. Today we are gathered here to do battle. Regretable, isn't it? but sometimes, you know, life is like that. You have to do something that you don't want to do, just because someone is telling you to do it. I didn't want to be here myself, but then my mother told me that I'd better make a reasonable show of it all, so here we go then...
    Today we fight against monsters - the Gauls! They are dangerous, mad and hairy beyond reason. In victory, they are always heartless.

Not much, just some ancillaries I've made for my game, and if you'd like i have new images for all vanilla ancs (the images are all taken from renaissance/medieval art)

**With the ancs just use the ones you like and change as you see fit, and just a quick question, will we get credit in the finished edition?

if they get used I am sure Torn will credit your hard work, I canīt check them right now but I will this evening

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    -:-
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

Dominion of the Sword / The Long Road GFX designer / Zuma Team member.
    TLRaced GFX add on for TLR2.0
    www.andresgogo.com

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

@ tzar Yes you would. Can you post the ancillary images? I'm sure people would love to see them.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Yep, I would love to see the ancillearies pics please"!!

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

No problems If you like them, I'll be happy to add some for the relic ancillaries if you need (I havent added images for yet)

I just had a quick look through them and maybe if torn agrees wecan use some of those images, I would have to check on their size, as I canīt remember what size they have to be, aswell I would like to give them some TLR treatment.

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

that's no problem, TLR treatment isnt doing what DLV does is it? I'm not a big fan of the DLV images, they are a bit to unrealistic for me

I agree, I think they are a bit to catoonish for my taste(DLV). I am making them... well you have seen some of the event images and spash screens... so want to keep that style.

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Those look great. I agree with both of you. The new ancillaries will be helpful too. We are in a push to get more interesting ones in.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Excellent, feels good to be contributing to the only M2TW mod that i can sit for hours on end playing

If you need help with anymore ancillaries, just PM me, I'd be honored to help out, lol

Here is new loading bar. I dont like that gladius. Other things are GREAAAAT this modification is awesome.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/39715150...g_bar.tga.html

And here is sig

deleted
    Last edited by Bosphoran; February 06, 2008 at 07:51 AM. Reason: uploaded *data*
    Hello. Today we are gathered here to do battle. Regretable, isn't it? but sometimes, you know, life is like that. You have to do something that you don't want to do, just because someone is telling you to do it. I didn't want to be here myself, but then my mother told me that I'd better make a reasonable show of it all, so here we go then...
    Today we fight against monsters - the Gauls! They are dangerous, mad and hairy beyond reason. In victory, they are always heartless.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very good. Now, how about dismounted order knights

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Seriously,

1) I think the Republic of Genoa, The Duchy of Modena and the Principality of Florence and Principality of Pisa should be added as factions. The Italian Peninsula was a warzone in the Middle Ages through the Renaissance. The factions already in the game are not adequate to represent the turmoil of the region.

2) Pisa should be Florence and Pisa(two provinces) as well Bologna should be three taking some territory back from Spoletto.

3) The Germans weren't the only faction to used mounted troops with firearms(wheel-locks; as per the Reiters). Also needed as mercenaries. Also mounted arquebusiers; there are many historical references.

4) Pikemen/Halberdier and Italian(spear militia) Infantry should be more prevalent in unit dispersion. IE more units using the model.

5) Venetian Heavy Infantry, Venetian Archers and Pavise Spearmen could be found all throughout Italy and neighboring countries. Genoese Crossbowmen should be hirable as mercenaries. Halberdier unit missing from all factions. Mounted Halberdiers to Catholic factions.

6) Musketeer units are often more gaudily dressed. With state symbols. Rebel or Mercenary units can stay as they are.

7) Need more variety of ordnance weaponry. IE Cannons.

8) Personal wish. Need Pioneer units that can hack through gates. Tunnel under walls and use IEDs(haha) rather gunpowder shaped charges fix to gates to blow through them or bridges. Petardier missing from game(European grenade thrower).

More to follow.

Check out my new info cards project for TLR.
    And my tutorialon how to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere SOG View Post
    1) I think the Republic of Genoa, The Duchy of Modena and the Principality of Florence and Principality of Pisa should be added as factions. The Italian Peninsula was a warzone in the Middle Ages through the Renaissance. The factions already in the game are not adequate to represent the turmoil of the region.
    so: sicily, papal states, venice, milan, genoa, modena, florence, pisa...8 factions just for italy...don't you think it's just too much for such a small area? apart from venice, sicily and genoa, what this small states did in the medieval ages? they are only regional powers, and only wage small scale wars against each other...

they are well represented by neutral regions...the only way you could have all of this states is to make an italian total war mod

I agree with Ciciocle they are pretty well represented by Rebel provinces, maybe having their own flags would be neat but not needed.

I wouldn't mind trying a Italian total war though...
    Knowledge is Power - English Proverb

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ciciocle View Post
    so: sicily, papal states, venice, milan, genoa, modena, florence, pisa...8 factions just for italy...don't you think it's just too much for such a small area? apart from venice, sicily and genoa, what this small states did in the medieval ages? they are only regional powers, and only wage small scale wars against each other...

they are well represented by neutral regions...the only way you could have all of this states is to make an italian total war mod
    In reality, historically speaking, there were something like 40-45 major factions(religious and otherwise) in the area from 1100-1600. This is nothing compared to all the families of lesser nobles, whom by right had their own lands, fought petty wars and their roles in major campaigns. This game underscores the real importance of the peninsula as the seat of Catholicism, the harbinger of international trade and the Renaissance. Not once were all eyes focused on events in Italy and Rome. Venice, a love city, conquered much of the Balkans and handed the Turk his hat many times alone and with allies. Some of the precepts of the U.S. govt are based on the logic of the Florentine Republic. All banks in existence owe their acumen to the diMedici family. Cesare Borgia might have conquered all of Italy and much of the known world if only his father, Pope Alexander IV hadn't died. If Cesare hadn't been such a psychopathic genius or even made enemies of the Orsini family or the Rimini family. Let us not forget that the final blow came to him from the next Pope, Julius II, who exiled him from the peninsula. Pope Julius II was a military mastermind, himself and did his best to unite Italy, even fending off France and the Imperium. He wanted to be remembered more for being a great general than a Pope. Are we forgetting the overwhelming impact of the Inquisition. I don't really think folks had it good in mind to reduce the presence of Inquisitors in the game. They were everywhere. In everybody's business, Catholic. One word against or construed as against Rome and you became a human torch until Martin Luther, low-born or high-born. Read your history. I laugh when some people complain. This game started off pretty good. Now the mods even are toned down and folks complain about a non-aggressive AI. The balls of the game are removed. Put it back for more realism. Later.
    Last edited by Condottiere SOG; August 17, 2007 at 03:06 AM.

True Italy was very important however with the province locked at 199 and the map size as well locked we cannot give italy the number nor the factions she deserves.

I would like to see inquistors back in force though. They always kept me on my toes and sometimes made me lose battles because I was forced to make my low piety high star general flee those pesky guys!
    Knowledge is Power - English Proverb

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast