Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports Pre 1.9.9 Archive

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Default Re: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Hammer View Post
    I've noticed two things lately that are more interesting than truly bugworthy.

1-Playing as the Danes I noticed that pirate ships had spawned in the northern lake of Sweden which is completely inaccessible because it has not ports. So not sure what those lake pirates were doing.

2-I had one mailed knight in a unit that simply was carrying no axe. The rest of the unit was fine except for him. I have noticed that before in RTR with captains in a unit not having a weapon show up, but never with a single soldier in an otherwise fine unit. Maybe he just forgot to bring his axe to work I don't know???
    1. Vanilla bug. No way to fix it unless you remove the lakes entirely.

2. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by pedarius View Post
    I have some doubt that this is a bug, but may rather be a graphical conflict that I can't resolve; if so, sorry if this is the wrong place to post. At any rate, all of the "Crusader" units (Crusader knights, Crusader sergeants, unhorsed knights, etc.) other than pilgrims are invisible since I installed 1.98. They have visible sprites at a distance, but up close only the shield and weapon are visible. Kind of neat having my Fatimid troops fighting ghosts at first, but gets old quickly.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if there's a conflict with Burrek's skins . . .

Cheers.
    Sounds like you have a badly installed /data folder or you overwrote the .modeldb file.
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Ok, that center of learning bug is pretty weak: we don't need stronger melee on archers. CA needs to fix some of these things! It's still worth building for the excellent ancillaries and education traits on your family though. Now if only they would actually breed. Hopefully you are looking into that.

As for the trade fleets, I could have sworn the docks added the fleets in vanilla, but your the dude looking at the codes, not me. I'm just trying to playtest and whatnot. Does this mean when you build the upgraded docks in this newest patch we will get the additional fleet? Hopefully we are not forever contained to a single fleet, that would be super weak. The range for trade fleets still needs bumped up to that distant cities can trade.

The docks said they added fleets, but they didn't really. Hehe CA bug.
    Not sure about the latest patch.

I do know that you get increased fleets with the more advanced ports. E.g. Shipwright. It has been that way since RTW.

You can't get shipwrights until the Rudder event.

After building a small temple in the castle of Mosul, I was not able to build an extra Imam as should be allowed by having an extra temple.

you only get an extra Iman/priest from citys.... so you can only build them if you hava that extra slot.

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    -:-
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

Dominion of the Sword / The Long Road GFX designer / Zuma Team member.
    TLRaced GFX add on for TLR2.0
    www.andresgogo.com

Castle temples give more conversion but don't allow recruitment of priests.

Byzantine Generals are not coming with named Generals, but just as units of Bodyguard. At first I though this was a new change (one I was ok with) but having played now as Spain and Scotland, I can see that generals are as they were in .7, and come with names, stats, etc. They come with several units of bodyguard, but not led by generals. Someone should look into that, I hope it isn't just me. Also, after starting a new campaign, the Byzantines are still sterile, they are not breeding at all. Might this have some link to the Generals not being there, too?

As a small side bug, the first level of merchant ports, which is supposed to give +100 gold/turn, is not adding to the city. it just isn't working. This was as Spain.

I still love your mod torn! I just wish CA would get off their asses and fix some of these major game issues (like passive AI, AI not using formations, etc)

Excellent clues.

I can't test it right now but looking over the family tree, I noticed that Anna is a duplicate character name of Anna for France.

I'll look into the merchant's wharf. The EDB looks fine at first glance. Are you sure it isn't showing as income? Will check tonight.

I understand it should be adding +100 florins to building income. It just isn't.

One small bug. At the same time the event for partial plate comes I also get event for gunpowder with the big movie. I cannot build gunpowder at this point so I assume the event linked to the movie should be moved.

The second bug is one that might be hard coded. When the Mongols are sieging me at Narjaf they act very weird and refuse to attack. After the battle dealing with the ladders and siege towers are done only a couple of units will go through the gates. The rest will all go to the sides of my settlement. Every once and while they will attack through the gate. So I end up waiting for about 5 min on 3x speed until the battle ends. I know that the Mongols do not always act like this. When they siege Cordoba, on a crusade all their horse troops attack through the gate. I lost that battle horribly . Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Marriage proposers tend to be over 56years old.
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Can't fix it. That's hardcoded.

-the general who is in charge of pointers get the retinue "Lord of Pointers", shouldn't he get the french title as in the other french towns and castles such as "Duc de..." or "Comte de..." or whatever?

-about the "Sergeants swordmen": they should be named "Sergeant swordmen" without the "s" and they shouldn't have free upkeep when garrisoned.

-i think the fleets of the AI:s get stuck in the bay of biscay (and possibly in other areas where I haven't been) because of the now larger map, they don't know how to get to the mediterranean sea. also, the fleets area of movement (as well as generals with really long movement rate), you know that green area under them, isn't as large as it should be because of their now longer movement in one turn

Version 1.9.8, Patch 1.2, Byzentine

1) The 'Academy' information has the placeholder image and the incorrect building icon.
    2) The victory conditions do not show up (which cities I need to capture), it just has the number of turns left.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but i noticed that the generals in the general body guard have the vanilla skin, not the cool new ones. the captains do have the new one though. i reinstalled mtw and the new patch and am playin with the latest beta version. sorry if this has already been brought up.

Thanks for all the reports. Always useful. Keep em coming.

Aw!!
    Thought it was working fine with 1.2, but latest beta keeps crashing when i try to do a custom battle with venice vs milan. seems to work ok with campaign but i havent played the campaign for long enough to see how it works in its entirety. I think it may have something to do with the venetian heavy infantry. Ill just wait for the next beta.

yep I was reading elsewhere on the boards that Burreks model.db file isnt compatiable with the 1.2 patch. hopefully it can be fixed semi-painlessly.

Yep there is a compatibility problem with 1.2.

I've fixed all that in my build though.

Thats great news Torn!

Cant wait to try out the new beta!