Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Version 2.2 Release

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Dev Information - Campaign Mod Folder

We are proud to announce the next version of Tsardoms Total War. This version is not savegame compatible and will require a brand new mod installation.

Installation

- Download the mod from the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18TG...8S8bRISTf/view
    - Unpack the mod in the Mods folder of your Medieval 2 Total War folder using the installer. PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNPACK IN THE MODS FOLDER NOT THE MAIN MEDIEVAL 2 FOLDER
    - Steam installation: follow the same instructions as above, than go into Steam right click on the Medieval 2 Kingdoms game, go to Properties, then go to Set Launch Options and replace what is there with the following --features.mod=mods/Tsardoms-2.2
    Basically for Steam the actual name of the Tsardoms folder and executable file must be there

Patch Notes

Note: This is NOT the 1448 campaign. This is a new version of the regular 1345 campaign

Here is a small summary:

- Yes/No options at the start of the campaign which gives the player the choice to deactivate the Garrison Script (no more stacks spawning when a settlement is besieged) and the Rise of the Ottomans Script (no more Ottoman stacks spawning in Balkans)
    - Excommunications reduced by reducing various penalties
    - Crusades removed, the Crusade mechanic is broken and the AI called too many of them. The human player can still call crusades using priests
    - new campaign map settlement models for the Italian factions https://www.facebook.com/11031212045...type=3&theater
    - new settlement in Crimea, Theodoro. Previously, the Danube and the sea were two different provinces. We have now merged these into a single province and got a spare spot which was allocated to Crimea
    - fixed crashes related to Ottoman spawn armies in the Balkans
    - new and resized UI images for the ancillaries (thanks to MIKE GOLF's tireless work) https://www.facebook.com/11031212045...type=3&theater
    - fixed the colour of the walls for the Constantinople campaign map model to match better with the historical reality (already in previous hotfix) https://www.facebook.com/11031212045...type=3&theater
    - Ottoman Empire boost - the Sipahi units are no longer restricted, the Piyade are 2 quality levels better and we've improved the starting Ottoman military infrastructure
    - reduced or removed garrison scripts in Anatolia to allow for the Ottoman Empire to expand quicker and easier
    - tweaked the Rise of the Ottomans script, more Ottoman armies will appear at various historical dates but these are conditioned based on their previous conquests
    - change to the famous Condottieri events script in Italy, the AI now gets the famous condottieri (like John Hawkwood) if the player is not one of the factions affected by the event
    - new ancillary characters for Wallachia (Hieromonk Agaton, Master Builder Manole, Filotei the Hymnologist, Hegumen Sofronie, Dobromir the Gramatic) https://www.facebook.com/11031212045...type=3&theater
    - new ancillaries for Hungary (Comes Bissenorum, Iudex Cumanorum, Capitaneus Generalis, Black Army Commander etc.)
    - adjusted triggers for various traits and ancilliaries
    - restricted roads to gravel road, removed last 2 levels in order to reduce trade income
    - fixed several crashes and CTDs
    - campaign balance improvements
    - lots and lots of other improvements, the mod is overall more stable and more enjoyable
    Last edited by Wallachian; February 02, 2022 at 02:29 AM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - Version 2.2 Release

Everyone please thank jurcek for his tireless work!

Thank you, jurcek!
    Thank everyone in this great team!!~~~~~~
    Last edited by Runner; January 31, 2022 at 10:06 PM.

Last edited by Runner; January 31, 2022 at 10:54 PM.

Last edited by Runner; February 01, 2022 at 03:13 AM.

Miszel's Avatar Domesticus

Late Campaign is not on this release yet.
    It will come with the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Runner View Post
    thank you for all your effort.
    is the download link right?
    i have downloaded the file. its name is 2.0 and the content seems like v2.0
    there is no Late Campaign 1448 in the file, is it the file v2.2?

( eg. the content in descr_missions.txt and descr_faction_standing.txt does not change, etc )
    hey mate i already sent you the link yesterday. this is the same thing i sent. This Tsardoms v2.2 not the 1448 campaign. There will be quite some time until that is ready.

thank you for the new version and thank you for the reply.
    Miszel has fixed it.
    the file in the link is now correct.
    i am so eager to play this masterpiece now~

p.s.
    i am sorry that my english may not be very good.
    i do not note that i received the link yesterday.
    where was the link sent to? i would check it again.
    Last edited by Runner; February 01, 2022 at 03:43 AM.

I sent it in a private message yesterday as a thank you note. You should see it in your inbox. But no matter now as it is released for the public as well

Great work!

Thank you very much Jurcek. you are the best!!!!!
    Last edited by silverarmon; February 01, 2022 at 06:23 AM.

I notice that the road are restricted to gravel road now which nerfed the trade income road which explode at lv3.

Road still are a no brainer in income(provided it has many land trade) and while this definitely slow down economy boom i will see how this affects economy balance.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thank you everyone, great news indeed
    edit: Road quality can help your enemy march happily into your territory
    edit2: How may I change to display the date in years? Please? Anyone

PS I have noticed that the minor settlements don't have names any longer, was this an oversight or deliberate?
    Sorry just had to say how cool it was to bump into Momchil, talk about attention to detail
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; February 02, 2022 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    edit2: How may I change to display the date in years? Please? Anyone
    mods/Tsardoms-2.2/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

1 - open the file "descr_strat.txt" in the above folder

2 - find this line:
    show_date_as_turns

3 - add a ";" before this line
    ;show_date_as_turns

4 - save the file
    Last edited by Runner; February 02, 2022 at 10:44 AM.

Last edited by Runner; February 02, 2022 at 07:57 PM.

Broadsword_6's Avatar Laetus

Thank you for this update. The garrison script toggle creates a great entry-point for a noob like me. I am also learning a great deal about history!

Are you playing a hotseat? They should appear for all PSFs like previously. The only change is that now the witches (which give these PSFs names) only appear during the player's turn

Thought I'd check Tsardoms for old times' sake, see if things have progressed in my absence and imagine my joy when I saw that you mad lads managed to release the Campaign! I got a new pc and haven't downloaded the moder's tools yet. Even if I do it, it will take some time to remember how they worked (and I doubt there is much work for me to do at this point) but for what is worth, I am very proud of you guys and I am happy to see a lot of my work remaining in this mod!
    "There is nothing more conductive to the destruction of a nation, whether it be republic or monarchy, than the lack of men of wisdom or intellect."
    -John VI Kantakouzenos, Roman Emperor

Hey old friend, happy to see you checking on us. We could actually do with your expertise very much, we are currently working on a 1448 campaign.

This mod is the best! For me it`s like Medieval TW 3. Thank you a lot. Extra thanks for the map. It`s beautifull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast