Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Civis

Default Re: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Western Twin of house Frey is under siege. Inside are Walder Frey, Black Walder and over half of the remaining Frey nobility. The Ironborn armies commanded by Sawane Botley of Lordsport, the victor at Seagard, will honor the sacrifice of Asha Greyjoy and her wish to slay Walder Frey.

The future of House Frey depends on the decision of Stevron, who at the moment would be next in line to lead his House. Will he remain at the East Twin, or ride to a futile battle and aid the West?

Sawane's ultimatum has been sent. Will House Frey survive or give in to their pride and destroy themselves?

The western half of the twins is besieged by 2 ironborn armies

turn to House Baratheon of the Dragonisles

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnuomvpln5...the21.sav?dl=0
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Renly: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...P_Renly_21.sav

Stannis is amused by his brother's foolish attempts of breaking into Stonedance, which by design is almost impenetrable. Baratheon blood is still required for the war of the Iron Throne between these two brothers to end. Renly has made his intentions clear, he attacked first and therefore won't receive any leniency when his punishment is carried out.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Lannister https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Twynkie_22.sav

Ok, how to put this...... Well, for many turns already I have not really been enjoying this HS. Its solely due to the fact, that when we started the HS, I had something entirely different in mind than what we got. There is pretty much a complete general disregard to the RP/lore aspect of the HS/mod by most of the players (at least it seems to me that way), nobody seem interested in any of it (of course, stellar exception is paladinbob as always), so the main thing I was looking forward to in the HS is pretty much not present. I guess my apetite simply doesnt match with this group of players... coupled with that Im pretty tired and busy and that the online battles are pretty demaning in general, I dont really feel like spending more of my time to this.

Hence, I would like to drop the HS. Can do a few more turns (I suppose out of respect of pal, who is likely dying in a few turns anyway...), otherwise Stark could ofc sub Tully, unless a player is found (or perhaps pal could take over)

Is this about Lannister/Renly alliance or lack of physical typing of roleplay in turn posts? Or both, or something else?

Anyway, Tully is a strong faction so someone will surely step in eventually

In principle I agree, but I don't care about the RP aspect as much as the purely mechanistic one, of OBs generation being broken almost to the point where it takes more time to fix them than actually play them. I'm not even gonna mention the elephant in the room where river crossings are bugged so we have a WW1-esque situation along every river

I don't think river crossings would be that much different anyway with a bridge on the map. Slaughterfest anyway, though perhaps pathfinding as an attacker would be slightly better

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Sad to see you go Jadli, but I understand your reasons.

Unfortunately both you and Stark will leave for the same reasons (Jake sent me her reasons in DM-s, which are basically the same) and assuming that the South will not attack each other (which is the likeliest possibility), that does spell the end of the HS. I could of course try getting new players, but that Tully and Stark are in a losing position on the map as an alliance, and if just 1 player joins, he'd basically have to play both. In the current player climate, not the easiest spots to advertise.

What I would suggest then, unless pbob wants to switch factions if he loses the battle, is that we set a turn number at which point we end the HS. Then, everybody can go all out.

As for the whole RP situation... The fundamental issue here was that this was not a striclty OB or an RP HS, but a mix of both. Some joined because of one, some for the other (and this is especially true for replacements). Knowing that, when down the line, there arises a situation where the best possible move does not line up with the RP move, then the RP aspect will fall apart. And me as admin, cannot really force someone to make a move they do not want, nor can I force someone to write RP.
    The lesson learned here, I guess is, that the expectations of a HS should be respected by players more (they shouldn't join if it does not line up with their interests) and the admin should only let players in who are interested in all aspects of it. Then again, its hard to get replacements, but still, I was partly responsible for this, too.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Well said.

Will just add that Arynn is also with the North afaik,so its not necessarily a losing positions, just a hard one, but thats besides the point (at least for me, as my issue primarily lies elsewhere, as I wrote in my post)

Isn't it way too early to set a hard ending for the hotseat? Atleast put the game on hold if the lack of players catches up. It's not the first time people leave here. This hotseat already lost 4 players, and apparently that will turn to 6 soon...

i cant seem to log back into discord..and to be honest, not really interested in the effort to redo so[as i didnt want to use it in the first place]...so i will ask the admin to default the battle for my part...just autoresolve the battle and continue...that said if isenbard wishes to fight the battle....be my guest, but i havent really got the time, with my care duties[its differicult to get time away, when my brother cant really move around], so he will need a replacement for my part in it...
    Last edited by paladinbob123; February 28, 2023 at 01:34 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Stannis_22.sav

Both arryn and frey subbed. Frey had nothing left, so I won't bother pbob with this, but I'll thank him for his time for playing.

Renly up: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...P_Renly_22.sav

The Fury and the rest of Stannis' Fleet has sunk a major part of Renly's ships near Stonedance. Also a large Martell fleet was sunk as well. The Dornish think they can benefit from the wars of others without paying the price? Well this is a message to the heart of Sunspear then. Their presence is not needed at the Iron Throne, especially not as some laptdog of Renly Baratheon!

https://imgur.com/a/fImlGs6