Thread: Beginner issue: crash in descr_regions.txt when modding descr_character.txt

Default Beginner issue: crash in descr_regions.txt when modding descr_character.txt

So I'm trying to set up a mod for BI that increases starting_action_points. descr_character.txt is the only file in the manifest and all it does is change that one line. I know it's safe to change that line because I pretty much do that for every mod I play these days. So I figure I'm doing something wrong configuring the mod somehow, and I'm attaching the mod to this post.

When I try to play a BI campaign with just this mod active, I get the following error in the scripting log:

Code:
    Error in descr file data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, line 8::5: "region 'Eburacum' was given unknown default faction 'britons'"
    Script Error in data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 8, column 5. DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file
    I googled the error but no luck. Anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Beginner issue: crash in descr_regions.txt when modding descr_character.txt

The error states that the faction 'britons' is not present in the mod. I would think the error was present before you added the edited descr_characters file - the faction is not listed in descr_strat and very likely not in descr_sm_factions either.

Default Re: Beginner issue: crash in descr_regions.txt when modding descr_character.txt

Hi, I should clarify this is for RTWR. I was a bit tired I guess and put this in the wrong place. I sent a report to the mods asking them to move the thread.

This mod only changes descr_character.txt. Every other file should be vanilla BI as far as I understand it. Maybe I'm missing something with how packaging RTWR mods works, but it's he only file in the manifest.