Thread: Changing Cause of Death for Dead Family Tree Memebers

Default Changing Cause of Death for Dead Family Tree Memebers

Is it possible to specify a cause of death other than "died peacefully" for family members who start the campaign dead in descr_strat. Another way of asking the same thing: can I get the game to use SMT_DIED_TRAGIC, SMT_DIED_BATTLE, SMT_DIED_ASSASSINATED, SMT_DIED_PLAGUE instead of SMT_DIED? Obviously, I can change the text for SMT_DIED, but this isn't what I want - I want there to be a variety of causes of death in the starting family tree.

I'm hoping that these DET_ modifiers can be added to the character_record line somehow, but I haven't figured out the correct syntax. I've added to a few places in the line and, surprisingly, the campaign still loads but it doesn't change the cause of death.

Attempts and results:

Code:
    character_record   name, male, age 50, dead 20, past_leader, DET_BATTLE   ;no effect

character_record   name, male, age 50, dead 20, DET_BATTLE, past_leader   ;character no longer counted as a past leader

character_record   name, male, age 50, DET_BATTLE, dead 20, past_leader   ;portrait replaced with black square, character is counted as alive but off map (smaller portrait)

character_record   name, male, age 50, dead DET_BATTLE 20,  past_leader   ;character counted as dead, died year 0
    The game is obviously not reading DET_BATTLE correctly in any of these configurations and it's just NOPing whatever comes after it. Sort of interesting result on attempt #3 but I would have gotten the same using "banana" instead of DET_BATTLE. I'm afraid these tags don't work in descr_strat.
    Last edited by Callistonian; June 12, 2021 at 02:14 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Changing Cause of Death for Dead Family Tree Memebers

It can't be added to the character record. How to apply it, see here.