Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dignitary)

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Trade regions (acquire them with dignitary)

Quote Originally Posted by Summary View Post
    Can you make this mod compatible with other DLC's like Empire Divided, Caesar in Gaul, Hannibal at the Gates, Wrath of Sparta and Rise of the Republic, please? Thank you.
    Hi, very good suggestion! I put this on my WIP

What would be necessary to make other mods compatible with this? I tried just adding
    local trade_regions = require "lua_scripts.trade_sell_regions_main";
    to scripting.lua in my mod, but it doesn't work. I don't really see any other conflicts though.

Quote Originally Posted by gesuntight View Post
    What would be necessary to make other mods compatible with this? I tried just adding
    local trade_regions = require "lua_scripts.trade_sell_regions_main";
    to scripting.lua in my mod, but it doesn't work. I don't really see any other conflicts though.
    Hi, that is part of the solution that is needed. However if you are directly running this mod on top of the launcher, scripting.lua is overwritten. The way that this mod is mounted on DeI is to import scripting from DeI and then add line you mentioned. Its the most upper mod/pack you neeed to export sripting from and them add yours to it.

It just seems you're doing it other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTimbe68 View Post
    Hi, very good suggestion! I put this on my WIP
    I take it therefore that this only works with the grand campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Preatorians100 View Post
    I take it therefore that this only works with the grand campaign?
    Hi, pretty much. DeI GC and DeI Imperator Augustus that came in patch 2.2a

Hi, I am having a problem with the mod. It doesn't work anymore. Do I need to change the load order (now its above every other mod)?Are there mods that it conflicts with? Or is it not compatibe with the latest version of dei? Hope someone can help me?And thanks for creating the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by naois View Post
    Hi, I am having a problem with the mod. It doesn't work anymore. Do I need to change the load order (now its above every other mod)?Are there mods that it conflicts with? Or is it not compatibe with the latest version of dei? Hope someone can help me?And thanks for creating the mod!
    Hi,

Latest update was on 5.8.2023, has it worked after that? The load order is this mod above DeI, nothing more. How does it not work, CTD or is mechanic just not kicking in, no effects etc?

Have you other mods on? If those mods hold any scripting it could also do some bugs or break the mechanics

Yeah, it worked after 02/08/23. I think it stopped working after adding some mods. (all my mods are dei compatible though). I don't get the golden sell button. Deploying the dignitary doesn' t work as well. So I think the mod is conflicting with another mod..

Quote Originally Posted by naois View Post
    Yeah, it worked after 02/08/23. I think it stopped working after adding some mods. (all my mods are dei compatible though). I don't get the golden sell button. Deploying the dignitary doesn' t work as well. So I think the mod is conflicting with another mod..
    OK, my bet is that those mods are either related to scripting, maybe via scripting.lua I would guess since "lua_scripts.trade_sell_regions_main" is not started/running. Try disabling those mods, see what happens.

The mod no longer seems to work for me, i put it in my highest load order and the ui appears, but my game crashes to desktop from the moment i click on an agent deployed in a foreign territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    The mod no longer seems to work for me, i put it in my highest load order and the ui appears, but my game crashes to desktop from the moment i click on an agent deployed in a foreign territory.
    Hi,

Very interesting, is there other mods on beside DeI? As far as I'm conserned mods with scripting does not work very good with this one. I just use graph, music and battle mods and havent encountered such problems

Hello Timbe, similar to you and some unit mods and alternate economy, but never had any issues before the latest dei patch. I did notice the entries in the scripting.lua seem to differ compared to previous dei versions, not sure if that could be a clue.

Hello Timbe, similar to you and some unit mods and alternate economy, but never had any issues before the latest dei patch. I did notice the entries in the scripting.lua seem to differ compared to previous dei versions, not sure if that could be a clue.
    OK, I see, heres the fix -> Trade_Region_2.4b_fix

Hello Timbe, thank you for the update, not entirely sure if it's a fix or not, but I later discovered that it was the "DeI CulturalUI overhaul beta" that was suddenly causing the crashes, after disabling it, it suddenly works again : ).

Hello Timbe, thank you for the update, not entirely sure if it's a fix or not, but I later discovered that it was the "DeI CulturalUI overhaul beta" that was suddenly causing the crashes, after disabling it, it suddenly works again : ).
    OK, good to know. All in all, the crashes come from scripts that are not in in line with the mod. I discovered that DeI has few script updates in campaign scope, so whether it caused this or not, this is something that must be aware whenever there is a new patch available.

Hello MrTimbe, i love this mod but the latest mod update the so called "2.4b fix" is not working for me at all, not using any other submods.

Quote Originally Posted by Culpa View Post
    Hello MrTimbe, i love this mod but the latest mod update the so called "2.4b fix" is not working for me at all, not using any other submods.
    Hi!

Do you have the latest release of DeI -> https://divideetimperamod.com/download/
    DO you receive a CTD of some other symphoms? I just tested the 2.4b with newest DeI, this could be something else...How about 2.4, you can get it from the main page of this thread

1. I have latest version of DeI
    2. I have correct load order
    3. Not using any other submods

4. 2.4b fix is not working at all (Golden sell button is not present for my cities, buying does not work - nothing happens after i send the dignitary near enemy settlement, no advisor notification popup)

5. 2.4 is working correctly only for selling my own cities (Golden sell button is present and selling works, buying does not work - after sending dignitary near enemy settlement i get only 1st notification and nothing after that).
    6. 2.4 was also causing problems with Mauryan Goverment actions UI - apply button is grayed out and not clickable

7. If i remember correctly the last time mod was working without any issues is before DeI 1.3.3 beta (9. september 2023.) but i could be wrong
    8. I dont know anything about modding so its hard for me to find the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Culpa View Post
    1. I have latest version of DeI
    2. I have correct load order
    3. Not using any other submods

4. 2.4b fix is not working at all (Golden sell button is not present for my cities, buying does not work - nothing happens after i send the dignitary near enemy settlement, no advisor notification popup)

5. 2.4 is working correctly only for selling my own cities (Golden sell button is present and selling works, buying does not work - after sending dignitary near enemy settlement i get only 1st notification and nothing after that).
    6. 2.4 was also causing problems with Mauryan Goverment actions UI - apply button is grayed out and not clickable

7. If i remember correctly the last time mod was working without any issues is before DeI 1.3.3 beta (9. september 2023.) but i could be wrong
    8. I dont know anything about modding so its hard for me to find the problem
    Hi
    This is very strange. And by the way, very good explanation on the situation....Just tested with latest DeI and 2.4b standalone... now, check your data folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data"
    There should not be any other mods than this 2.4b and 2 DeI mods, part I and part II, no older versions, no other mods, just DeI and this 2.4b...

I found only one bug thats UI related. Button works but popup text for some factions may be broken. Buying works as intended, just UI bug, nothing else

Yup, i did exactly as you said and i got same result as i wrote above, the 2.4b is not working for me at all.

Only thing i forgot to write above is that i got these 3 conflicts (same for 2.4b and 2.4) with DeI parts:

campaigns\main_emperor\scripting.lua - with DeI part1
    campaigns\main_rome\scripting.lue - with DeI part1
    ui\campaign ui\settlement_panel - with DeI part2

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast