And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: It's about time you know the truth

it's almost 10 years...

Let’s make one thing clear in the beginning: we are flattered that internationals are so keenly interested in Mr. B. For decades, Italy has been led by more or less dignified politicians who did not spark any attention beyond the country’s borders. Or have you ever hear of Giulio Andreotti (seven-time prime minister), Amintore Fanfani (six times), or Mariano Rumor (five times)? My guess is that if you enjoyed the average middle class education, you have not. Yet nowadays, even immigrant taxi drivers in Manhattan, upon hearing that I am Italian, cannot help but turn away from New York traffic and declare happily: “Bunga Bunga!” Berlusconi has made us famous, for better or for worse.
    But others argued that the unveiling of juicy details was a sign of hidden interests. In the beginning, Berlusconi’s backers believed that “the Left” was out to embarrass the prime minister and influenced state attorneys to pervasively investigate their hero’s life and economic activities.
    This is enough to lead millions of Italians to believe that a hidden mastermind is lurking somewhere in the shadows. Even educated people proclaim in bars and on TV that Monti is a puppet of Goldman Sachs, a member of the Trilateral Commission or an envoy from the Aspen Institute (I myself am an Aspen Junior Fellow, yet I do not feel any special powers beyond the ability to wear a fancy red tie). According to this conspiracy theory, Berlusconi was forced to resign by German and French banks that had started a large and dramatic sell-off of Italy’s public debt, thereby shaking the country’s economy.
    If Europe does not want Berlusconi back, constant reiterations of the “Bunga Bunga” theme won’t help. This merely confirms Italians’ belief that foreign countries are indeed trying to frame Italy. Criticism of his x-rated escapades merely strengthens Berlusconi. The only way out is to avoid treating Italy like Greece: Introduce an economic plan that would allow the country alternatives to tax increases. Otherwise, Europe might deserve another Berlusconi government.
    they were warned!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Last time of real friendship, those were merrier times
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Yeah times of real friendship.

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

If I ever go to Italy or anywhere else and by chance come across Mr. B, I am sure that I will approach him and start making small talk about his duties managing TWC, vineyards, olive fields, and such like it was the most natural thing.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

As long you're not with your girlfriend/wife, you should be fine
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'm not so sure, I don't think Flinn limits himselves to just girlfriends and wives if the evening goes on for long enough
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    As long you're not with your girlfriend/wife, you should be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I'm not so sure, I don't think Flinn limits himselves to just girlfriends and wives if the evening goes on for long enough
    Haha, guys. I really want to visit Italy before I die, and I'll take heed of your warnings. You sure know how to grasp the true spirit of Mr. Flinnusconi. But let me present the only Finnish-Italian joke that I know of.

There was this Finnish factory worker called Ryynänen. One day a royal Swedish delegation came for a diplomatic visit to Finland and was offered a tour around a local factory. During the tour the King of Sweden was suddenly delighted to notice Ryynänen mopping up the floor. He ran to Ryynänen and asked him how he is doing, telling Ryynänen that they should hook up again some time for some fishing and catching up. Everyone, including the factory director, were taken aghast by what had happened, and many rumors of Ryynänen started circulating around the factory.

Things went on at their own pace for a while, until a year or two later President Putin was visiting the same factory with his entourage on an offical visit. Putin told the factory director that he knew that guy over there hauling stuff. Putin asked if he could spend a moment alone with "Mr. Ryunyanyin", because he had not seen him in years. That was just too much for the director.

The moment the Russian delegation had exited the factory, the factory manager summoned Ryynänen to his office and demanded to know what is going on. Ryynänen explained that he is just a sociable guy and gets along with people from all walks of life. The director asked if Ryynänen knows any more important people. Ryynänen, generally not too happy with his meager income, said that if the director pays for a trip to Italy and all the expenses of eating out and drinking, he will prove that he knows the Pope. The director took up on that without hesitating.

They traveled to Italy and ate and drank to their hearts' desire at the director's expense until it was time for Ryynänen to prove his claim. The Pope was giving a speech on a balcony by a public square, and by the time he was done addressing the crowd, Ryynänen was there shaking the Pope's hand and hugging him. When Ryynänen descended back onto the square, the director was lying down on the pavement in a shock. Ryynänen asked: "Come on boss, how can you be so surprised? I mean you knew that I am friends with the king and the president?!". The director, having difficulties to speak, eventually regained his composure. He said: "It's not that. There was this local elderly lady next to me, and she asked if I know the old geezer with the tall hat that is talking to Ryynänen
    ".

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Hahaha that's a great one Sept, I've heard jokes with similar punchlines before, but making it Finnish seems to put it at the top shelf
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Haha, guys. I really want to visit Italy before I die, and I'll take heed of your warnings. You sure know how to grasp the true spirit of Mr. Flinnusconi. But let me present the only Finnish-Italian joke that I know of.

There was this Finnish factory worker called Ryynänen. One day a royal Swedish delegation came for a diplomatic visit to Finland and was offered a tour around a local factory. During the tour the King of Sweden was suddenly delighted to notice Ryynänen mopping up the floor. He ran to Ryynänen and asked him how he is doing, telling Ryynänen that they should hook up again some time for some fishing and catching up. Everyone, including the factory director, were taken aghast by what had happened, and many rumors of Ryynänen started circulating around the factory.

Things went on at their own pace for a while, until a year or two later President Putin was visiting the same factory with his entourage on an offical visit. Putin told the factory director that he knew that guy over there hauling stuff. Putin asked if he could spend a moment alone with "Mr. Ryunyanyin", because he had not seen him in years. That was just too much for the director.

The moment the Russian delegation had exited the factory, the factory manager summoned Ryynänen to his office and demanded to know what is going on. Ryynänen explained that he is just a sociable guy and gets along with people from all walks of life. The director asked if Ryynänen knows any more important people. Ryynänen, generally not too happy with his meager income, said that if the director pays for a trip to Italy and all the expenses of eating out and drinking, he will prove that he knows the Pope. The director took up on that without hesitating.

They traveled to Italy and ate and drank to their hearts' desire at the director's expense until it was time for Ryynänen to prove his claim. The Pope was giving a speech on a balcony by a public square, and by the time he was done addressing the crowd, Ryynänen was there shaking the Pope's hand and hugging him. When Ryynänen descended back onto the square, the director was lying down on the pavement in a shock. Ryynänen asked: "Come on boss, how can you be so surprised? I mean you knew that I am friends with the king and the president?!". The director, having difficulties to speak, eventually regained his composure. He said: "It's not that. There was this local elderly lady next to me, and she asked if I know the old geezer with the tall hat that is talking to Ryynänen
    ".
    Same joke here, we call him Mr Persichetti

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Well if they call him something different it's not the same ing joke is it m8

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

You used the wrong wub smile

oh no wait...

Blog Entries

It has been put to my attention that I've recently turned to be the 3rd most repped member ever in this little site

Now all I have to do is to have Gig and Ish destroy each other and I will be good. Does anyone have a spare One ring to borrow me? No?

Also, this thread is awesome

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I'm only 18th but could worse. Could be like Akar all the way down at 32
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Yes but do you have a One ring to spare?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

It's downright shameful. At least I'm in the top 50... right? RIGHT?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Does anyone have a spare One ring to borrow me?
    You'll never get my precious, it's mine, mine!

Edit: 8 more until 3600 [insert gloating smiley here]
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 07, 2021 at 10:25 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

My rep says 1939. Guess I have to partition Poland. Again.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

We've had first partition, sure, but what about second partition?

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Where do you even find the rep leaderboards again
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR