Thread: Could someone help me with the ageing problem?

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Could someone help me with the ageing problem?

I am trying to play myself, for a project of mine, almost all factions on the mod Rise of Three Kingdoms.
    I have an issue tough, that the characters do not age, altough the years pass by.
    Is there a way to fix that? I've seen in some thread that the problem might be of me playing all of them by myself and that a hotseat works better whend you pass the save to other players, but is there a way to make the characters age on a hotseat where i play with most factions myself?

I also realised that the seasons go weird whend i try to play with the factions.
    Since the mod is 12 turns per year there might be a problem with that to.

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Could someone help me with the ageing problem?

LOL I'm glad to see you're not suffering from depression and anxiety due to getting older. Probably dumb of me to think that in the first place, but you never know! I cannot help you with your total war problem. Need someone else for that.

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

For the one who change my post to the Three Kingdoms thread, you might want to change it again.
    I'm talking about a medieval 2 mod, not a Three Kingdoms one. This is an hotseat issue.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

In hotseat the console is disabled by default which plays havoc with the script if it uses console commands. The ageing script is one of those. There are also a few situations where conditions make a mess, particularly the 'local' ones.

If you just play yourself then change the setting at the bottom of RotK's CFG file to read 'zero' before the start of a new game (not save game compatible): disable_console = 0