Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: General discussion (use of already implemented functions, etc.)

In regards to this, perhaps you could also look into "diplomacy_mission" youneuoy (LINK)? You already enabled it as console command, though it has a pretty interesting function, as it tells AI what to try to do diplomatically. Based on research in the thread, most of the commands work, though if you could fix "nullify_alliance" and "attack" perhaps, that would be helplful for modding AI

Little by little I add various functions.
    Here is one of them (it spawn character )
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Wow, neat. Curious question. What happens to the guys spawned in water?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Wow, neat. Curious question. What happens to the guys spawned in water?
    Well, they won't be able to walk there (the type of character does not match the required one), maybe the game will delete them after the save load (not sure). A character who spawns on a cell adjacent to the land can only go to the shore.

I used the character creation function in this video without checking the availability of the target tile. This can of course be verified.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises

Maybe someone will be interested - project on github - https://github.com/youneuoy/M2TWEOP-library

franky317's Avatar Libertus

hello! I had already asked this information I wanted to know if there are any news about it. Can you rename a faction during the campaign? Can you change the model of the family tree? Type from normal to "teutonic". thanks

Fixed the function of teleporting characters.
    Rewrote the Lua plugin code for interacting with scripts to provide significant performance improvements.
    Now for scripting it is necessary to use Lua version 5.1, it is also possible to use luajit functions.

Added draw function to scripts with LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 parameter (added just in case, for future use).
    The ability to use many functions of the ImGui library has been added (this library is used - https://github.com/youneuoy/sol2_ImGui_Bindings, I will refine it since I miss many functions in it). This page will also provide information on how to use the new graphics features.

An example of use, a menu that allows you to teleport the last selected character:
    Demonstration:

Code:
        local xyTest={0,0};    local isNewInput=false;
        local lastSelectedNamedCharacter=nil;
        function draw(device)
            ImGui.Begin("test");

xyTest, isNewInput = ImGui.InputInt2("xy for teleport character", xyTest)
            if(isNewInput==true and lastSelectedNamedCharacter~=nil)
            then
                lastSelectedNamedCharacter.character:reposition(xyTest[1],xyTest[2]);
            end

ImGui.End();
        end

function onCharacterSelected(character)
            lastSelectedNamedCharacter=character;

end
    Take a test version in our discord, here - https://discord.com/invite/AfFNeQhf

hello! I had already asked this information I wanted to know if there are any news about it. Can you rename a faction during the campaign? Can you change the model of the family tree? Type from normal to "teutonic". thanks

Hello. There is still no time to look at this. As for the renaming of the factions, it will definitely be done, I am not sure about the second one yet.

Civis

Can you make Mounted Unit kill provide 2 xp per kill instead of 1?
    Sorry, i'm not a modder but thought this is making common sense and would benefit some mods.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    Can you make Mounted Unit kill provide 2 xp per kill instead of 1?
    Sorry, i'm not a modder but thought this is making common sense and would benefit some mods.
    Okay, you use this command on the tactical map, right?

Civis

@youneuoy yes, it happens in Battle map.

I am engaged in updating the documentation for M2TWEOP, now it will be available online by https://youneuoy.github.io/M2TWEOP-library/, also together with the program will be distributed offline version. To begin with, I decided to fill out information about the plugin to support LUA, a little advanced.

Write if there are some ideas or if I did something wrong, etc.

The M2TWEOP website has been updated to include descriptions of all the functions and data currently in the Lua plugin The site is here - https://youneuoy.github.io/M2TWEOP-library/
    Write if you see any flaws, typos, etc.
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 24, 2021 at 01:49 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Im totally ignorant about code but I checked the site and all I see is a list of new commands that can now be used in M2TW using the EOP tool.
    Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Im totally ignorant about code but I checked the site and all I see is a list of new commands that can now be used in M2TW using the EOP tool.
    Am I right?
    m2tweop adds a new scripting system, as well as a new console in which you can execute scripts (that is, you can copy part of the script for testing and check it in the console right during the game).

Now on the site there is only a description of these script pieces, in the future I will add a description of the project and other information there, it is also possible to add examples there, etc.

Well, there will also be files in the m2tweop repository on github that users can edit and add new pages (tutorials, etc.). You can write them directly in the comment to the code (you can see an example here, look at comments in file- https://github.com/youneuoy/M2TWEOP-...lugin/luaP.cpp, a page with information about the lua plugin is generated from this file). Another variant is the markdown format, for example, or reStructuredText format (google what it is, quite a handy things).

Gaming Emeritus

I think he meant whether all those commands are already working, or whether it is TBD

Anyway, so the label overhaul is going to be fully replaced by these commands? Or only partially?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    I think he meant whether all those commands are already working, or whether it is TBD

Anyway, so the label overhaul is going to be fully replaced by these commands? Or only partially?
    it all already works. You can also change character labels using a script (read here https://youneuoy.github.io/M2TWEOP-l..._table_section) if you need it. This completely removes the need for the old system of changing labels and gives you a lot more options.

Gaming Emeritus

Great. So will it be possible to use these new commands in any files (such as campaign_script), or only as part of lua a separate files?

And will it be possible to re add the increase in religions limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Great. So will it be possible to use these new commands in any files (such as campaign_script), or only as part of lua a separate files?

And will it be possible to re add the increase in religions limit?
    1) this is only for Lua scripts (it does not have to be one file, you can make as many of them as you like, declare events in them, etc. loading additional files in the main).
    2) I haven't tested it yet

Hi youneuoy,

I have two questions about the existing features.
    1. There may be an obvious answer, but is the appoint heir feature able to be done outside of the game through a script in the cfg files?
    2. With the set age feature I can get the number working properly displayed for the general's ui, but sometimes it messes up with building info (so like say I set the age to be 2500, the general could display age: 2516, but if I click on info for the settlement's buildings he is in some of the text might also get jumbled up with the number 2500, or sometimes it can also display in the number of reinforcements to a battle - I can get screenshots if you need): is this known/an intended error?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauron puppet of Saruman View Post
    Hi youneuoy,

I have two questions about the existing features.
    1. There may be an obvious answer, but is the appoint heir feature able to be done outside of the game through a script in the cfg files?
    2. With the set age feature I can get the number working properly displayed for the general's ui, but sometimes it messes up with building info (so like say I set the age to be 2500, the general could display age: 2516, but if I click on info for the settlement's buildings he is in some of the text might also get jumbled up with the number 2500, or sometimes it can also display in the number of reinforcements to a battle - I can get screenshots if you need): is this known/an intended error?

Thanks
    1) What? You can do this in m2tweop scripts (see site).
    2) I know about this, in the new version the ability to add custom text to the age will be removed, the age itself can be correctly arbitrarily changed in the script.