Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Strategic Vision of TWC

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Strategic Vision of TWC

that's completely false and childish, anthonius
    modders use other platforms for completely different (practical, non theoretical) reasons

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    To those that said that they visited TWC for a reason other than the TW games mods i ahev a question.
    Why TWC?
    Back then? Because it was pointed out to me that TWC was a better place to meet other players than the official forums.

There are thousands of internet sites for politics , defence/military, religion etc. Why TWC should spent resources for non modding issues?
    The reason TWC has a community and official forums don't is exactly that, even though a game brings you together, you can also discuss other interests.

Why modders should engage in to politics and not focus in mods?
    They don't have to. But equally you should stop pretending that TWC is a modding forum being ruined by other activities. The growth of the TW franchise and modding certainly fueled TWC's growth, but it was from the start and by design a place to discuss a wide variety of topics. In fact, originally, political, philosophical, ethical etc. debate were valued higher than anything to do with gaming as evidenced by the founding of the Curia and citizen ranks.

And you intrefear to non modding and focussing in non modding aspects in this forums are one of the primary cause that visitors stoped visiting TWC and so adds became less and less over time. Actually you KILLED TWC by removing its goal from modding to something that is not relevant to that.
    I don't recall any decisions or actions to move TWC's focus away from modding. Those other aspects were always here. Modding first grew to surpass them and now it's again passing them ..... on the way back down.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I think things have wandered into off topic territory, let's try to stay on topic.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I’d say the thing that killed TWC wasn’t people who came here for subjects/the community beyond strictly TW related modding but the people who insisted that was all TWC could be while refusing to adapt when it became obvious vBulletin-based forums were never going to remain the main format for such interests post-discord/Steam Workshop, personally.

Blaming others and lashing out at them for acknowledging the reality of the situation is merely childish
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Based on reading recommendations ( thank you all who suggested threads) I caught up on GED’s posts regarding tech issues and the overall state of the site.

I found this quote of GED key-

“So, add all that up and the bottom line is that ANY forum structure is going to work in a similar fashion. Some might be better at it than others, but you won't know that for certain until you spend some $ and actually convert. In my opinion, the forum structure is not sustainable the way we currently do things. On any platform.

So the overall bulk of the site( and related tech issues) is probably going to be a major part of any discussion going forward with him.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    I’d say the thing that killed TWC wasn’t people who came here for subjects/the community beyond strictly TW related modding but the people who insisted that was all TWC could be while refusing to adapt when it became obvious vBulletin-based forums were never going to remain the main format for such interests post-discord/Steam Workshop, personally.

Blaming others and lashing out at them for acknowledging the reality of the situation is merely childish

This. TWC died the day the Steam workshop became a thing and site leadership said, nah we ok this place is THE modder hub. Then most talented modders left and never looked back and lo and behold the site was directionless.

The (mostly undeserved) reputation as a place for crybabies and modding elitists, which was allowed to grow off-site particularly on reddit and the official forums, didn't help either.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Quote Originally Posted by MCM View Post
    The fact that TWC is still alive is a testament to some pretty strong foundations.
    That is correct my friend! We do have a strong foundation and we have a capacity to build upon.
    You are also right about the new technologies constantly coming up and that's fine, we also have to come up with them.

I also wish we can go back to glory days of the TWC, for me personally that was 2008-2012 which was the gloruous time to be here.
    It was after the glories of M2TWand Kingdoms and all their mods plus other RTW mods. It's true that ETW disrupted things a bit.

But I do wonder, does anyone have specific date or period when the TWC started having less and less visitors and members who
    would post. I remember that I used to make 100+ posts per night back then.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

It started gradually and there is no fixed point where you can say "yeah, this is where people left" but if I was to pick a moment in time I would say 2015 when GED left the site on a semi-permanent basis. It's when staff entered a kind of malaise it never recovered from, it's when moderation started to degrade, it;s when activity started to drop with even greater speed.

Before that, the site still felt like it had some kind of vitality to it. After that it felt drained.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; March 09, 2022 at 06:45 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    It started gradually and there is no fixed point where you can say "yeah, this is where people left" but if I was to pick a moment in time I would say 2015 when GED left the site on a semi-permanent basis. It's when staff entered a kind of malaise it never recovered from, it's when moderation started to degrade, it;s when activity started to drop with even greater speed.

Before that, the site still felt like it had some kind of vitality to it. After that it felt drained.
    TWC reached its high peak when Garb bought it ...His ownership was the GOLDEN AGE OF MODDING and DEBATING. After he sold it to GED TWC STARTED TO DECLINE.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

TWC reached its high peak when Garb bought it ...His ownership was the GOLDEN AGE OF MODDING and DEBATING. After he sold it to GED TWC STARTED TO DECLINE.
    In the spirit of ideas, are there specific elements of Garb's time you would want to see return?
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

You not being on the forum

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Or having Garb back
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    In the spirit of ideas, are there specific elements of Garb's time you would want to see return?
    Now is too late. GED's 1st action was to "exile" many worthy Greek modders that has many mods in the progress.
    You not being on the forum
    What do you mean? I was here when Garb still had the TWC. In fact he and other Greek members made a fundraiser to help me buy this PC i use for almist 16 years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Or having Garb back
    Seriusly you would not like that option. Garb would not tolerate many ironic post of yours that you write simply because you think you have no one to control your manners over other members.
    Beware what you wsih though.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

We are drifting again toward personal stuff, what about we stay on topic? Thanks

@ Anthonious: I answered to you in the Townhall,
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

What do you mean? I was here when Garb still had the TWC. In fact he and other Greek members made a fundraiser to help me buy this PC i use for almist 16 years now.
    I was talking to Feudal Knight and it was a joke, notice the . The always means it's a joke.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I was talking to Feudal Knight and it was a joke, notice the . The always means it's a joke.
    No.

but, yes
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234