Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [TOOL] SMARTMAP - DeI 127

Default Re: [TOOL] SMARTMAP - WE ARE RECRUITING!

Im Retrosaurus, about Cultural change, iceni doesn't have cultural modifiers or economy bonuses/ maluses, so i use them to retrieve the culture values and region wealth.
    Also, the first turn is winter so i think there is already penalties in place.
    Also i have never played Rome (LOL) so i don't know if auxiliary units change due to reforms
    If im not mistaken, if you don't research the blue techs (the ones that unlock reform units) you should be able to recruit for example, camilian units after imperial reforms?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

ah ok, good to know,so you choose to be a "postsquirrel" here and a "retrosaurus" in discord?
    well my compliments man... I love weird and useless decisions inside weird and useless contexts...

- yeah there are some places starting at 100% culture
    - don't worry about winter, the retrieval of economical values is just to have an idea of economical power differences (better to have it, even if not perfect, than not)
    - auxiliary: honestly I don't really know if aux have reforms, but reforms aren't important regarding the map tool, we should just care about first turns infos
    - reform techs are purple... and no, ususally you can't recruit old units after reforms but this depends, there are surely some exceptions. This feature is controlled via script anyway, it's easy moddable, technically speaking

-----

added Summary in the recruit list
    again, thx a lot guys, we are doing that really quickly, thanks to you all
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 20, 2020 at 07:16 AM.

Summary's Avatar Biarchus

Jake I have sent you a PM with my attempt, I have done region 31B. Kindly confirm receipt. If not here is another link

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Once you let me in on all the required changes and corrections I will begin attempting the rest.
    Few questions I asked on the PM (If you didn't get the PM let me know and I will repeat those questions here.)

Cheers!

Patrician

summary questions

(1) Carthage has a special Mercenary system, should I include them as well under the mercenary section?
    yeah please add specific mercs too

(2) The xy marker doesn't seem to work for me, I put them in the data folder (the removal of fow pack works fine), since there was no general in 31B I recruit one and clicked on him, I alt+tab to see the generated log.txt in the location with the Rome2.exe but no such file was generated. I also enabled movie and script mods via the options in game, still no luck kindly advice.

0) Don't use full cheats and xy packs together, they aren't compatible (full cheats already has xy inside)
    A) Put the chosed packs into the data folder (..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data)
    B) Remember to revert to the old manager: Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.
    C) Start Rome II
    D) In Mod Manger, check "Enable Out of Date Mods"
    E) Make sure all chosed packs are checked green. Their load order should be ok. It is given by the number of @, the more they are the more previous the mod is loaded/must be loaded
    F) Play

otherwise you can simply use mitch mod manager or the github one for wh2

(3) Under the Gold Generated section, do I have to enter the value before or after the modifiers for each individual income type. For example, maritime commerce was 45 gold + 5% modifier, therefore 48 gold. Also what is the difference between the SUM field and the TOT field? For now I entered the same overall region Gold per turn value under both. Also there was no field for Manufacturing (Industry), so as you can see I edited the title, replacing Entertainment.
    It's the same, just put them as you see.
    Dunno if there is an actual difference about tot and sum, could be that tot is affected by some effects and sum is not, just copy them both even if they ar e the same

your excel file seems fine to me, just put the x/y if you're able and the substistence economical value (there should be one for every region I think).
    feel free to mod/add/remove excel cells if you think they are needed.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 20, 2020 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks I have begun working on it today. I was a little caught up recently. Still am but I am trying to get some work done on this, as I have taken up the responsibility. There isn't always a subsistence value for every province. Provinces with a resource chain building usually have agriculture income or industrial income or commerce income. It is the non resource chains that provide subsistence as an alternative. I checked via mouse-over the buildings itself and the economic tab.

Another thing I noticed and this is most likely due to character effects, is that the economic modifier values of provinces vary with each campaign start. While this changes the gold per turn generated by that province, it doesn't change the base gold generated (i.e. before the modifiers are applied). Which makes base gold generated a more reliable source of information, for this reason I have decided to go with the entering the pre modifier values than the post modifier values since the former is constant, while the latter as explained above varies with each campaign start RNG.

Carthage specific mercenaries will be added, however, there is a small obstacle, certain mercenaries pools are at "0" therefore, can't be recruited. Mouse-over these units doesn't prop up the tooltip of the unit, therefore, I am unable to retrieve the lower case names, I will still however, enter the upper case names in the file.

Edit: Like the economic values that will vary due to the RNG of character induced economic modifiers, so does culture change, but the base culture value at the start of the game is always constant.
    Last edited by Summary; April 22, 2020 at 06:19 AM.

A few more things noticed.

A. Difference between gold per turn values of Total and Sum due to faction capital.
    B. Different faction armies in different, non-owned regions at start of game. May or may not result in multiple generals/armies in a single region. Added a "FACTION" field to denote which faction said army belongs to.
    C. Highlighted Carthaginian specific mercenary recruits.
    D. Like point B, faction agents also start in different, non-owned regions at the start of the game. May or may not result in multiple agents in a single region. Added a "FACTION" field to denote which faction said agent belongs to, further added "TYPE" to denote whether spy, champion or dignitary.

Patrician

Yeah there are some variations due to characters but they aren't overwhelming.
    Also keep in mind that those retrieved economical values are to get an idea, there is no need for counting every cent.

Thx for reporting and do what you wish/think.

----

ah... since TWC has a long tradition about useless signatures, you (and the other guys doing the job) may want to use a sig for that.
    I haven't done any for the tool map but you can use the submodders alcove one.
    that's obviously pure poop ()... but, well, do what you want...

here it is

Also, if you wanna be added to that closed group just tell me and I'll do. There should something like 25 guys inside.
    it isn't much active actually but you'll find modding infos and a modding place in the case you want.
    You must have at least 25 posts for being added (TWC rule)
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 22, 2020 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks sounds good, will look into it further when I am done with this assignment. I managed to get the x-y coordinate mod to work, and have duly entered the values now.
    I have one more question; How to I retrieve values for non-playable factions?

Patrician

I'll send you a PM with the link to download the partially done AFP pack, by Dresden

or, for some things, you can just use the spyviewer (you'll see the full map) or the full cheat (you'll own every region at first turn, but it lags pretty much)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Do we need autocad to help you?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Patrician

nope, autocad is just the program I used to draw the map, use it as useful tool and eventually build useless fancy things
    autocad is probably the program I know better, it has great flexibility for building technical basis and then I can refine things with gimp/ps.
    Now I can quickly shoot maps as if there is no tomorrow...

Thanks for the AFP pack, although I am perplexed as to how full cheat would be of any use, considering with full cheat mod you own every region at first turn, wouldn't that mean you wouldn't be able to see special recruitable mercs exclusive to certain factions, as well as general's and their resultant dynasties and armies that are present at the start of the game. Sure you will be able to see the settlement details, but even then if they are not applicable in terms of different culture buildings, they might not even accurately depict gold per turn. I have a feeling I am missing the obvious utility of the full cheat mod for this project. And so I ask you (completed abashed) what is it I am overlooking?

Patrician

well... most probably yes, it's useless
    but maybe someone could find it useful, if a modder wants to check things quickly regarding something he can't...
    I did it anyway mostly for doing a less basic script trial regarding the transfer_region function, btw...

The full cheats mod lags a lot, especially if you have a potato.
    I start a game with Iceni because they don't have economic or cultural bonus- malus
    I need to start a game with Rome and edit the full cheats mod /reforms lua script to have the reforms at 10-20-30 turns, because i don't know if reforms change aux units or aor units for Rome. Also, if you can send me the link to No Population mod, so i can recruit units without caring about population classes, i will appreciate that (i don't know if that mod is up to date)
    The other factions that i probably need their own start game is Athens and Carthage for the special merc pool (there are other factions with exclusive mercs??)
    You can use SaveParser to retrieve some values : https://imgur.com/a/wNpcwRO
    Last edited by Atomic Punk; April 23, 2020 at 04:34 AM.

Patrician

ok I'll send you those things later today + the AFP pack
    i don't think aux and aor are reform linked, don't worry about that, I'll directly check script libraries
    Ptolemai should have custom mercs

Patrician

If someone need that, i can do a transfer pack that will transfer single provinces only and not the entire map. Probably.
    I just tried that and honestly wasn't able but with a couple of trials more I should be, probably.

For doing a no population mod with whatever pack having external scripts (like full_cheat and xy marker) you'll have to (it's extremly simple):
    - open the pack (full_cheat / xy marker or any other with external scripts)
    - go to "campaign > main_rome (which is the label for GC campaign) > scripting.lua
    - scroll down to the bottom and you'll see (this is taken from full cheat):
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- Start Population scripts magnar + Litharion
     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     local population = require "lua_scripts.population"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     -- Start external scripts of DEI
     -- Selea, Litharion
     --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

local reforms = require "lua_scripts.reforms";
     local army_caps = require "lua_scripts.army_caps";
     local saka_reform = require "lua_scripts.saka_reform";
     local gc_scripts  = require "lua_scripts.gc_scripts";
     local gc_start_scripts  = require "lua_scripts.gc_first_turn_setup";
     local auto_resolve  = require "lua_scripts.auto_resolve_bonus";
     local PublicOrder  = require "lua_scripts.PublicOrder";
     local supply_system  = require "lua_scripts.supply_system";
     local historical_events = require "lua_scripts.historical_events";
     local SeleucidRebels = require "lua_scripts.SeleucidRebels";
     local changeCapital = require "lua_scripts.changeCapital";
     local money = require "lua_scripts.money";

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     -- Start external scripts (CHEATS)
     -- Jake Armitage

local TRANS_Reg_Cheat = require "lua_scripts.TRANS_Reg_Cheat";
     local xy_script_logger = require "lua_scripts.xy_script_logger";
    - just put "--" before "local population = require "lua_scripts.population"", so to have: -- local population = require "lua_scripts.population"
    - this will make that line a comment and so the pop script will be deactivated

----------

here is the 10 turns paced reform packs as requested (always compatible with anything), you'll always need just the 1st imperium
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/f44dq...orms.pack/file

---------

is there anything else needed?
    by anyone?

Patrician

Here is an update from valerius, he should have finished the excel he picked, if you wanna check it/use it as a template
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/skpyn...erius.ods/file

Patrician

Default Re: [TOOL] SMARTMAP - DeI 127

Uploaded the final 127 version
    thanks to all who helped

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12