View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2020 US Presidential elections?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Republicans)

34 43.59%
  • Joe Biden - Kamala Harris (Democrats)

37 47.44%
  • Jo Jorgensen - Spike Cohen (Libertarians)

4 5.13%
  • Howie Hawkins - Angela Walker (Greens)

0 0%
  • Other (please, specify)

3 3.85%
Page 43 of 201 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849505152536893143 ... LastLast

Thread: USA elections 2020 - 2021

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: USA elections 2020

Why would BLM give money to any candidate? Aren't they a charity that is meant to help black people and victims of violence? If I give money to them, I do it to help reduce black on black violence or police violence, not to support a political candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post

Does the wsj opinion article you linked to mention which politicians explicitly said that they are pro-riot? The preview only talks about broken windows policing, and I can't get past the paywall.
    I payed the dollar by mistake and then canceled. Anyway it talks about how the democrat local leadership has failed to actually do anything to contain or stop the riots and how in some parts this inaction is actually a form of tacit complicity, with local authorities using the looting to point out how this is Trump's presidency. It doesn't mention any names iirc.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; August 27, 2020 at 07:11 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Condemning riots but making no action on them isn't going to work. There are people in these cities that actually have to deal with the negative effects of these riots. Pussyfooting around and saying Biden doesn't want to de fund the police or the Portland mayor begging rioters to stop because it "helps Trump" aren't solutions. Even worse, Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot putting ten different squad cars on her block because rioters aren't entitled to riot on her street is a tone deaf, "let them eat cake" type move.

Democrats have no real solutions to the riots and watching their phony solutions play out in each city is comical. In so many Democrat cities police morale is shattered. People want peace and prosperity and these rioters are a Republican get out the vote drive.

I see two camps in response to these riots, the ignore them and pray camp and the camp that justifies that riots as being necessary and a patriotic duty. Neither one of those camps is going to attract moderates.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifism View Post
    Well, why would BLM ever tell people to give money to Trump?
    Unlike Biden and Harris, Trump did not pass "tough on crime laws" that unjustly jailed black people for non-violent offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Been a number of years since I've watched her for having to do work during the day. But I'll assume you missed the Tropic Thunder reference all the same.

If you have a problem with Chris Wallace, you're going Full Trump. And you shouldn't go full Trump.

What's TDS?
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. Those people who believe hook line and sinker and without any critical analysis that orange man is in fact X. x = whatever they want

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Trump Derangement Syndrome. Those people who believe hook line and sinker and without any critical analysis that orange man is in fact X. x = whatever they want
    Okay that’s good to know but not sure what it has to do with me.

However. Why is Chris Wallace bad? If you don’t like Chris Wallace because he didn’t like the president once or did like Biden once you’re going Full Trump.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Except Democrats linked themselves directly to the protesters, most protesters were democrats or democrat voters, the governors and mayors from the party actively supported the looting and arson as well as the grotesque spectacle that was CHAZ and both Antifa and BLM have been diverting all donations made on their site to the Biden campaign.
    Care to quote that article showing evidence of how governors and mayors actively supported the looting?
    The Armenian Issue

Democrats should have thought better before praising violent looters and calling the riots "summer of love".

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Looters and arsonists supporting, and doing stuff in the name of, Biden really makes people want to vote Trump. People will think "if Biden wins there's going to be 4 more years of this, or the police will get defunded". So they will vote Trump. The protestors specifically positioned themselves against Trump, so all he has to do is send in the cops, national guard et al to cleap up the antifa and blm fascists and he wins massive popularity points with Average Joe who is just trying to earn a living.

COVID is indeed mismanaged but that is not entirely his fault. The states were caught with their pants down too, not to mention the Surgeon General and even the WHO. Democratic governors encouraging people to go out and protest as if COVID took a break also helped shift a lot of the blame off him.
    I agree that Trump is not entirely at fault for COVID's mismanagement... but it's the top guy that is getting the blame usually, for good or worse. I also agree that the riots kinda strengthen Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Care to quote that article showing evidence of how governors and mayors actively supported the looting?
    While governors and Mayors have not actively supported looting, Trump is rightfully seen as the heavy-handed candidate same as he was with immigration.
    Reasonable anti-immigration people knew that the wall would either not be built, or that it would be damn ineffective. However the message the "Wall candidate" was sending was "I will be tough on immigrants" while the other side was less so.

Same thing here. While there's some luke-warm opposition to the rioting from the demotards, the Republicans and especially Trump are much more heavy handed.
    To the point of being un-constitutional, but that never stopped Trump. And a lot of people angry with the rioters don't really care about whether the limits of power of the PotUS are.

Had Biden said "I agree with Trump in one thing only: When the looting starts, the shooting starts. Let's work together to bash those pesky Antifa back to their holes!" ... he would lose a big chunk of his radical left side, but he would make inroads with the moderates.

Abominable as it is, same as "Mexico would pay for the Wall" sent a message of "I am more strongly anti-immigration than the other side" the words "When the Looting Starts, the Shooting Starts" clearly put Trump on the "I am much more anti-riot than the other side."
    Last edited by alhoon; August 28, 2020 at 10:30 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Had Biden said "I agree with Trump in one thing only: When the looting starts, the shooting starts. Let's work together to bash those pesky Antifa back to their holes!" ... he would lose a big chunk of his radical left side, but he would make inroads with the moderates.
    538 polling has Biden winning with moderates, so I'm not sure which moderates you're referring to. As I mentioned prior, the voters who were voting Biden until these riots started, and are now switching to Trump, seem very small. We'll know more closer to November. (Not to mention the ethical concerns of imitating a bad president to become one yourself.)

Being a "Law and Order" candidate is really a dog whistle for being harsh on rioters, and usually only rioters of the opposite political persuasion. They don't seem very interested in other components of justice, including police training, domestic terrorism, and respect for the rule of law.

Polling reflects desires of those conducting the poll more then the actual state of matters - something one tends to learn by comparing pre-elections polling to eventual results.
    Biden himself being senile is a big factor, the other one are half his policies like anti-2A stuff that will scare moderates away, not to mention the dead-weight of his VP pick who has more skeletons in her backyard then Jeffery Epstein.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Moderates don't answer polls in fact.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    538 polling has Biden winning with moderates, so I'm not sure which moderates you're referring to. As I mentioned prior, the voters who were voting Biden until these riots started, and are now switching to Trump, seem very small. We'll know more closer to November. (Not to mention the ethical concerns of imitating a bad president to become one yourself.)

Being a "Law and Order" candidate is really a dog whistle for being harsh on rioters, and usually only rioters of the opposite political persuasion. They don't seem very interested in other components of justice, including police training, domestic terrorism, and respect for the rule of law.
    But similar to what you said before, 85% of the people have made their minds: 40% for Trump, 45% Anti-Trump-even-for-a-shoe for Biden. A "small" number of moderates switching is a big deal.

But the main issue here for Biden is that most of the 40% of Trump's cultists will show up to stop the evil globalist cabal of pedophiles and vote.
    Lack of enthusiasm for Biden could translate to increased apathy. If from that 40% pro-Trump, 37% shows up to vote while from the 45% anti-Trump just the 33% shows up to vote... Trump wins.

Yes, we know the silent majority is anti-Trump.
    But in 2016, the silent majority was too silent. They didn't show up to vote for Hillary. Biden being a bidet that doesn't electrify his voters may lead to one of the same.
    Simply put, Biden doesn't inspire the Anti-Trump vote so far.

Trump is much more effective in rallying the Anti-Trump vote than Biden.
    And the democrats in general are more effective in invigorating the pro-Trumpers.
    Last edited by alhoon; August 28, 2020 at 01:17 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

That's fair alhoon. In fact, it's astonishing that all that really matters is turn out in a few key battleground states. Or how men like Comey and Clyburn can influence turn out with a single statement that changes the course of history.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, I voted libertarian. Trump to me was and remains in my view a gross, incompetent narcissist. I was relieved that democrats nominated Biden for 2020. I planned on not voting for either man. However after seeing democrats stoking race hatred and winking at months of violent riot, I have no choice but to vote for Trump. Biden is a decent human being but he is not charge of his party. He is Paul Von Hindenburg and waiting for him to die is a party full of little wanna be authoritarians.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; August 28, 2020 at 02:04 PM.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

However after seeing democrats stoking race hatred and winking at months of violent riot, I have no choice but to vote for Trump.
    In addition to being a misrepresentation, the argument also simply doesn't make sense. Wouldn't this encourage you to vote--or advocate support--for republican mayors in those cities? Why go from there to a pro-trump position?

If the standing republican president (and republicans governors, for that matter) are not to be blamed for the riots, then why should we reward them politically? Especially when they're not addressing them now?
    Last edited by Basilius; August 28, 2020 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typos

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I'm not misrepresenting Democrats at all, if anything I am being kind in my characterization.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    While governors and Mayors have not actively supported looting, Trump is rightfully seen as the heavy-handed candidate same as he was with immigration.
    Reasonable anti-immigration people knew that the wall would either not be built, or that it would be damn ineffective. However the message the "Wall candidate" was sending was "I will be tough on immigrants" while the other side was less so.

Same thing here. While there's some luke-warm opposition to the rioting from the demotards, the Republicans and especially Trump are much more heavy handed.
    To the point of being un-constitutional, but that never stopped Trump. And a lot of people angry with the rioters don't really care about whether the limits of power of the PotUS are.

Abominable as it is, same as "Mexico would pay for the Wall" sent a message of "I am more strongly anti-immigration than the other side" the words "When the Looting Starts, the Shooting Starts" clearly put Trump on the "I am much more anti-riot than the other side."
    So, Democratic governors or mayors did not support looting. Got it.
    The Armenian Issue

Democratic governors and mayors referring to violent antifa/BLM race riots as "summer of love" definitely supported looting. Same goes for Democrats that took part in cringe bending knee photosessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Democratic governors and mayors referring to violent antifa/BLM race riots as "summer of love" definitely supported looting.
    Should be easy to link to some of them saying just that.

Same goes for Democrats that took part in cringe bending knee photosessions.
    Bending the knee is supporting looting? Amazing logic.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    So, Democratic governors or mayors did not support looting. Got it.
    Of course they don't! Nobody very few said that they did. But they have been more "mind and understanding" instead of saying (authoritarian and perhaps against the law) stuff like "when the looting starts, the shooting starts"

Democratic governors and mayors referring to violent antifa/BLM race riots as "summer of love" definitely supported looting. Same goes for Democrats that took part in cringe bending knee photosessions.
    Oh come on!
    Aside of you saying that making me look as stupid as Trump... this is not the same.
    If we go by "mislabeling movements = support for looting" then Trump has supported a ton of very very bad things in his divisive 3 1/2 years, including the Neonazis, the KKK, the Confederacy, slavery etc.
    Last edited by alhoon; August 29, 2020 at 04:48 AM.