Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: recruitment via trait or ancillary

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: recruitment via trait or ancillary

Here's the log.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zbxv1cj0hin4tbh/M2TW.system.log.txt/file
    Last edited by Cesco; March 22, 2020 at 06:03 AM.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, log says about many characters misplacement - search with "error" request. As for our script - got no log mentions about any problems with it. At which line in campain_script it placed?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Quote Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
    Yes, I did

Code:
    Condottiere}Condottiere
    {Condottiere_desc}This man has decided to invest his wealth in the risky yet lucrative art of war (bring this general to a settlement with a condotta's office building and he will be abe to recruit mercenaries).
    {Condottiere_effects_desc}+2 Command
    Is it a copy/paste error or did you forget the first { ?

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Any chance you could do this for me if I send you the mod itself on wich I'm working? Sorry, but I really cannot wrap my head around the problem here...
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Titus in post #43 says there is a bracket missing at the start of the first line: {Condottiere}

Some descr_faction_standings errors:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    11:29:43.679 [script.err] [error] Trigger parsing error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 725, column 17 :
    Unknown identifier for trigger(0100_T_Invaded_Settlement) when expecting an Affect, Advice, Ancillary or Guild.
    11:29:43.679 [game.script] [error] Trigger parsing error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 725, column 17 :
    Unknown identifier for trigger(0100_T_Invaded_Settlement) when expecting an Affect, Advice, Ancillary or Guild.

Some EDCT stuff, invalid conditions and missing text
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    11:29:44.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 7394, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(WifeIsDomineering) level(Wife_is_Manipulative).
    11:29:44.977 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 7395, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(WifeIsDomineering) level(Wife_is_Manipulative_desc).
    11:29:45.007 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24478, column 42
    Building level name franciscan_friary not found as a level in building database
    11:29:45.007 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24487, column 42
    Building level name dominican_friary not found as a level in building database
    11:29:45.007 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24496, column 42
    Building level name benedectine_friary not found as a level in building database
    11:29:45.007 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 24505, column 42
    Building level name cistercian_friary not found as a level in building database
    11:29:45.014 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 25718, column 43
    Building level name library not found as a level in building database
    11:29:45.014 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 25729, column 43
    Building level name drill_square not found as a level in building database
    11:29:45.014 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 25740, column 43
    11:29:45.015 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 25751, column 47
    11:29:45.037 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 29849, column 45

Nearly every settlement in desc_strat has the wrong core building level
    A good number of EDB ability issues (gap in building prior to)
    A healthy number of family tree issues
    Large number of scripting errors involving non existent (or already existing) characters, example:
    Code:
    11:32:11.873 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for  <spawn_character>, at line 249, in  mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:  
    Character Montevarchi already exists.
    11:32:12.414 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 610, in mods/Mach_A0.5.8/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    move_character "Costigliole" 97, 262
    err: character not found
    My suggestion: while none of these errors appear fatal it's highly advisable to resolve them as you cannever rule out a domino effect. Another tip: change the mod's folder name - "Mach_A0.5.8" using full stops in the name is not advisable, simply remove them if you need a version number. Self defeating anyhow if update a release, look at Stainless Steel, the folder is still called 6.3 even after update to 6.4

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

The missing braket was a caopy/past error.

You're absolutely right in pointing out those error: luckily they're not fatal, but I hope to be able to get rid of them anyway. Unfortunately I found myself alone in this project, since at the current stage my modding companion, Mylae, is quite busy. He was the one who used to work on scripts, a field where I do not have any experience. Nontheless, I would like to make a playable versione of the mod and I'm still working on it.

Blog Entries

PM me a link to your mod (current version) - I'll have a look what I can find.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Thanks! PM sent.

PS: at the start of a campaign there is an interactive message: that is a WIP script created by the other team member, Mylae, but it's still under development: so press the decline button or you'll get a ctd, deending on the faction.

Blog Entries

This worked:
    Code:
        monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Dijon_City 
            and GovernorInResidence
            and GovernorAttribute Command >= 1 
            set_recruit_pool Dijon_Province 3 French Elite Cavalry
        end_monitor
    The underlying issue seems to have been a non existent recruit pool in the examples. The cav unit starts off with a zero pool linked to the 'burgundy region' info building. I am sure a 'replenishment' pool should work just fine, eg a max pool number below 1 in the building's recruit pool - that will make the unit only available via the script.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 25, 2020 at 07:02 AM.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Yes, It worked! Thank you Gigantus.

There are only two minor issues:

1) the script activates itself every turn, so every turn it's possible to recruit the "condotta units", as long as the "condottiere" stays in the settlement. Maybe it's possible to set a counter.

2) the script works only if the general with the "condottiere" trait is the governor of the settlment. Unfortunately, I believe there is no way to solve this.

Anyway, this is a great result nontheless! I think many mods could benifit from this script: you could simulate a feudal recruitmen system as well, just replace the "condottiere" trait with a "feudal lord" one; but you could use it in mods such EBII, since it can simulate a roman recruitment system, where only consuls or proconsuls are allowed to raise armies.

Blog Entries

You can set a cool down:
    Code:
        monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Dijon_City 
            and GovernorInResidence
            and GovernorAttribute Command >= 1 
            if I_EventCounter dijon_pool < 1        ; character triggers the counter in the first turn
                set_recruit_pool Dijon_Province 3 French Elite Cavalry
                set_event_counter dijon_pool 10              ; set the counter to 10
            end_if
            inc_event_counter dijon_pool -1            ; reduce the counter every turn the character is present
        end_monitor

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Thanks! (unfortunately I must spread some reputation around before givin it to you again)

And I just found that with the following script the general can recruit mercenaries even if its not the governor!

Code:
    monitor_event CharacterTurnStart IsGeneral
    	and Attribute Magic >= 1 
    	and EndedInSettlement
    	and IsRegionOneOf Siena_Province
    		set_recruit_pool Siena_Province 3 Italian Professional Ronconieri
    end_monitor
    That's great!

Blog Entries

That will cover the rare occasion where the general is not the 'senior' governor (multiple named characters in settlement) and the 'senior' does not have the required conditions, preferable indeed over GovernorInResidence.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Can't give +rep now. It's great that you keep on researching.

I only have to say that CharacterTurnStart is a bit weird thing for processing when you have about 300 characters on map. But your finding about recruiting without governance is very useful. So we can minimize CharacterTurnStart harm this way:
    monitor_event CharacterTurnStart Attribute Magic >=1
    and IsGeneral

So if we have 5 generals and 3 withces with this attribute on a map in my version script will fire 8 times, in first version it will fire as many times as generals on map (about 200) and only then check next condition about Magic.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Thanks! I will definitely give it a try.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Gigantus does not need any more rep he IS the rep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123