Thread: Enemy movement?

Default Enemy movement?

I encounter a problem that the enemy armies and navies seem to move like double the distance my armies are able to.
    Combined to that, they seem to be able to embark from a port city, get to shore on a normal beach and attack a city that is land inwards and get away again.
    For the same thing my troops would need 5 turns. (1 Embark and travel to the middle of the ocean, 2 travel and disembark on beach, 3 attack city, 4 get to the ships again, flee out of site)

Is my game broken? Is this intended? Am I stupid?

Playing normal camping as rome n/n

Mods used:

Legal Weed Mod
    Divide et Impera Part 1-3 (does it matter wich I load first?)
    GBJ Blood Mod: The Purple Rivers

DeI German localisation
    Better Water III HD

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Enemy movement?

Which city does this happen to? This definitely happens in Italy when Epirus can land at Tarentum, march over to Beneventum and attack before retreating out to sea again. As far as embarking, traveling, debarking, attacking, and embarking again, I have yet to see that happen in my game.

I can only suggest using a submod that reduces movement points. Like in the Testudo submod packs. I don't see anything close to that anymore using -30%.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Enemy movement?

yeah, it's a vanilla feature.
    we have tried a lot of ways to remove it but it seems it is simply not possible.
    whenever a land army (player or AI) disembarks through a city it enters inside the city's radius (the red circle). And this city radius magically replenishes the action points and somehow gives a boost.

as beedo says the only actual workaround is to reduce movement % and city radius %
    so you may want to try one of these packs (there are instructions inside)
    I would advice a -10/-15 %, -30 % is really severe
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ozhi0...ement.zip/file