Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 1.02i (4 New General Skills/ Huge Battles & Units Beta Redownload Updated 1/17)

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98p (Updated)

Hey thank you for your submob but I have same zoom problem. I tried your zoomfix pack but it didn't work. I open order by 4tpy mod-zoomfix-mugen mod-Then all 1212 packs. Could you please help me to fix to the problem?

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98p (Updated)

Try now I just updated it to be closer to the original zoom and make sure the zoom fix is above the submod.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAlves View Post
    Hey thank you for your submob but I have same zoom problem. I tried your zoomfix pack but it didn't work. I open order by 4tpy mod-zoomfix-mugen mod-Then all 1212 packs. Could you please help me to fix to the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen234 View Post
    Update 0.98p

• Holy Roman Empire - now has conflict with the Papal State (Historically) which will cause them to be a major antagonist in Europe, more of their client states will have to pick between fighting for the Holy Roman Empire or fighting for the Pope as they will either betray or stay loyal to HRE. If you play as them you will have to spend more time trying to bargain and hold diplomacy or conquer your client states for yourself. (Credit: The Despondent Mind)

• Europe Kingdoms - have way more wars against each other now as the in-fights for Europe begins, leading to a more historical Campaign feel.

• Small bugfixes

Mongols

• Campaign Movement - has been increased by 15% - 20% giving them more mobility across Russia (Credit: The Despondent Mind)

Oh many I feel so flattered, I can't wait to find time to test these new changes out.

No problem, thanks for the ideas I will always give credit to those who help make the submod more amazing!

I also did some noticeable Battle changes last month (just been calling them small bugfixes) I just haven't written most of them out in the updates like charge speed, distance, and also the ability for your troops to regenerate their energy after letting them stand a few. If you noticed these a few updates ago let me know how they have been.

The Complete Battle Overhaul will be next, re-analyzing missile damages and armor compared to shield and weapons to make the game as realistic as possible not only on the campaign but also the battlefield. Want to make each unit feels unique and special, so Heavy, Mid, and Light Units, along with Cavalry will be overhauled soon as well.
    Last edited by Mugen234; March 20, 2020 at 08:33 AM.

I played with Austria, although things are "hotter" in HRE sphere, they could get "hotter", thing is I forgot completely about Hungary(+Croatia), who also really have no antagonism to most of factions. What could possibly done is to create a few "blocks" and a few meandering neutral factions. So let's say Milan and Venice and Pisa have huge antagonism, but are lukewarm to Verona, Bologne, Genua and Savoy. However they all have various allies around Europe, and Venice has to deal with a "orange" Hungary neighbor. Austria and Switzerland could have animosity etc... I really have weak understanding of political intricacies of this period, but the game has to have some fun and there has to be some antagonism among factions so interesting things could happen.

Try out different factions, the dynamic is always changing in each campaign now, factions that stay all depend on if HRE gives gifts to certain factions. So I played multiple Campaigns and found that it creates variety between every campaign. If HRE gives gifts to one faction, a neighboring client state might like or hate HRE more or that faction. If HRE goes to war with a certain faction like France then most around the French boarder will make a decision to either fight France or become independent. The Dynamics of the In-fighting is always changing and refreshing. I'll look to make more power houses that cause more historical conflicts though.

After researching Hungary they did have a kind of Magna Carta called the Golden Bulls (1218-1222) I will give them some small type of antagonism to eventually simulate that by time it reaches 1218, so diplomacy will worsen with some kingdoms loyal to the Papacy for Hungary giving power to the Jews and Muslims.

Also I plan to look into Sicily so even when the crusade is called they will stay in Italy fighting majority of the time instead of conquering Northern parts of Africa too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I played with Austria, although things are "hotter" in HRE sphere, they could get "hotter", thing is I forgot completely about Hungary(+Croatia), who also really have no antagonism to most of factions. What could possibly done is to create a few "blocks" and a few meandering neutral factions. So let's say Milan and Venice and Pisa have huge antagonism, but are lukewarm to Verona, Bologne, Genua and Savoy. However they all have various allies around Europe, and Venice has to deal with a "orange" Hungary neighbor. Austria and Switzerland could have animosity etc... I really have weak understanding of political intricacies of this period, but the game has to have some fun and there has to be some antagonism among factions so interesting things could happen.
    Last edited by Mugen234; March 20, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

Try now I just updated it to be closer to the original zoom and make sure the zoom fix is above the submod.
    When I try with this order "MugenStill_4ty-MugeZoomFixMod-MugenMod-MK1212 parts ". When I open the new campaign, my game crashes.

No worries, I made a version that has the campaign fix and everything together. Remove "MugenMod1212 and MugenZoomFixMod" I'll update it every time I update the regular version. Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z1bte6...212C.pack/file
    When I try with this order "MugenStill_4ty-MugeZoomFixMod-MugenMod-MK1212 parts ". When I open the new campaign, my game crashes.
    Last edited by Mugen234; March 20, 2020 at 12:48 PM.

I am beginning to test out the Pope's Favor in the 1212 Script, I plan to add a little more dynamic to it so the less the pope favors your nation the less other christian kingdoms will like you. This will make the pope directly affect all Christian Kingdoms, so if the pope doesn't like you then most likely that allows neighboring factions to remove trade agreements or go to war with you, meaning way more in-fights for all Christian Factions.

No worries, I made a version that has the campaign fix and everything together. Remove "MugenMod1212 and MugenZoomFixMod" I'll update it every time I update the regular version. Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z1bte6...212C.pack/file
    Thank you for update, it worked.

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98t (Updated)

Small Update & Bug Fixes

• France - now has more balance of cavalry and levy units in stages of their settlements, to give France more defense and power to withstand it's surrounding of enemies and last more turns/years.

• Battles - have been tweaked again, to give more prolonged fights, the average general vs general fight can go from 10 mins to 15 mins, but will increase once you're armies generals are more skilled in warfare.

• Sicily - will stay in Italy for the most part as conflict rises with some of the factions close to the Papal State.

• Pope Standing - will now decrease your diplomacy slowly until it gets real bad and causes everyone to dislike your kingdom, it will also affect your trades with these kingdoms. If you are in great standing with the pope more christian kingdoms will like you and also you will get a small tax increase.

(Download and replace the 1212 Script with Mugen1212Script to see the new changes in campaign.)

1212 Pope Script Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cdoli1...ript.pack/file

• Little bug fixes

Next Update Plans

The Medieval 1212 Kingdoms team will be laughing their new update soon, so I will hold off on big updates until then.
    Below is a short list of a few ideas I will be working on.

• New Plans to include at least 10-15 more skill traits so you can better customize your generals and governors.

• Rework of War-weariness will be more directed towards your troops, so each stat will be drastically affect as your weariness goes up from attack, to supplies.

• Rework of every Factions levy defense so it better reflects those factions, making sieges more interesting as you travel across the map.

Make sure to send appreciation and love to the Medieval Kingdoms team for their great work, without them this wouldn't be possible!

Also I hope everyone and their families are staying safe and most importantly healthy during these difficult times of the current pandemic, much love! - Mugen234
    Last edited by Mugen234; April 11, 2020 at 10:06 AM.

Default Re: Mugen's Medieval 1212 - 4Tpy Campaign SubMod/Overhaul Beta 0.98t (Updated)

EDIT:
    I came back to this mod from a time, but for some reason, my game just freezes or glitches on the map and I have to quit ATW, I have the campaign-view fix(if its even supposed to help), I moved it around in the loading order but it doesn't help, what am I doing wrong?

Happy for the update but the Papal Standing in itself is problematic, I just cannot fulfill all the random ass and nonsensical missions I get(assassinate x character...meanwhile I do not have even the building to hire assassins), I feel like I should not get penalized so harshly for them, and if you play as a Crusader state ransoming prisoners cannot improve it as you usually fight non-catholics, meanwhile you have even more public order problems due to religion.

Another thing, sanitation, in some settlements its summer, there is not a single "squalor" building, but I still have 2 squalor, in other settlements I have sky high squalor(13-14!), how am I supposed to decrease that? As far as I know there isn't a building that can even come close decreasing that.

Edicts, Empower Local Ruler is downright useless, +4 PO is just not worth all the numerous penalties it has.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; April 11, 2020 at 11:48 AM.

Did you download the MugenMedieval1212 or MugenMedieval1212C? If you downloaded MugenMedieval1212C then delete the old version.

I'll add some balances to Papal Standing so even in the lower standings your faction will get some type of benefits.

Sanitation will also go by the population of your city, so if you have a very dense city it will have much higher squalor than a smaller city. I will make the Edict Settle Tribes a way to reduce the population.

Empower Local Ruler will get a more meaningful role soon.
    EDIT:
    I came back to this mod from a time, but for some reason, my game just freezes or glitches on the map and I have to quit ATW, I have the campaign-view fix(if its even supposed to help), I moved it around in the loading order but it doesn't help, what am I doing wrong?

Happy for the update but the Papal Standing in itself is problematic, I just cannot fulfill all the random ass and nonsensical missions I get(assassinate x character...meanwhile I do not have even the building to hire assassins), I feel like I should not get penalized so harshly for them, and if you play as a Crusader state ransoming prisoners cannot improve it as you usually fight non-catholics, meanwhile you have even more public order problems due to religion.

Another thing, sanitation, in some settlements its summer, there is not a single "squalor" building, but I still have 2 squalor, in other settlements I have sky high squalor(13-14!), how am I supposed to decrease that? As far as I know there isn't a building that can even come close decreasing that.

Edicts, Empower Local Ruler is downright useless, +4 PO is just not worth all the numerous penalties it has.

Hey Mugen, I was trying your submod with a new campaign with Zengids and below things are happened which are no make sense. You can see from pictures the unlogical diplomatic events. Fyi,

[IMG]file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/userdata/99495649/760/remote/325610/screenshots/20200412144742_1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/userdata/99495649/760/remote/325610/screenshots/20200412144844_1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/userdata/99495649/760/remote/325610/screenshots/20200412150320_1.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry wrong link,

On the 1st picture, we have different religion (zengids and kingdom of antioch) but we have +15 religious affinity.
    2nd and 3rd picture, they are stronger than me but they will accept my proposal about being my vassal.

I believe if you can fix this mistakes, it will be great. So for your mod is very good except these mistakes.

Hey Mugen, I was trying your submod with a new campaign with Zengids and below things are happened which are no make sense. You can see from pictures the unlogical diplomatic events. Fyi,

[IMG]file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/userdata/99495649/760/remote/325610/screenshots/20200412144742_1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/userdata/99495649/760/remote/325610/screenshots/20200412144844_1.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/userdata/99495649/760/remote/325610/screenshots/20200412150320_1.jpg[/IMG]

Did you download the MugenMedieval1212 or MugenMedieval1212C? If you downloaded MugenMedieval1212C then delete the old version.

I'll add some balances to Papal Standing so even in the lower standings your faction will get some type of benefits.

Sanitation will also go by the population of your city, so if you have a very dense city it will have much higher squalor than a smaller city. I will make the Edict Settle Tribes a way to reduce the population.

Empower Local Ruler will get a more meaningful role soon.
    I downloaded this.Whatever I do the game glitches into black screen or just freezes, also your movement sub mod and fix submod have the same link now.

Thanks for letting me know, here's a direct link to it and I fixed it now as well. http://www.mediafire.com/file/9xgk8o...212C.pack/file
    I downloaded this.Whatever I do the game glitches into black screen or just freezes, also your movement sub mod and fix submod have the same link now.

Thank you, I will look into these issues most likely this was already in the game. For screenshot #1, I think the religious affinity comes from the migration of Islamic people in Antioch, as they own part of Assyria. For Screenshots 2&3 I am going through all the lands from Africa, West & Eastern Europe and India. I just haven't reached over there yet but will put in a quick fix for you as soon as possible that way there is more in-fights for Islamic factions just light I did for Europe as they fight to gain control of the main areas and Egypt.
    Sorry wrong link,

On the 1st picture, we have different religion (zengids and kingdom of antioch) but we have +15 religious affinity.
    2nd and 3rd picture, they are stronger than me but they will accept my proposal about being my vassal.

I believe if you can fix this mistakes, it will be great. So for your mod is very good except these mistakes.

Small Update & Bug Fixes

• Antioch -Can now recruit Armenian Mercenaries.

• Khwarazmian - can now recruit Homeland Mercenaries.

• Trebizond - Can now recruit Georgian Mercenaries.

• Hungary - is a protagonist to the Pope and other christian kingdoms for giving political power to the Hebrews and Moors as it historically was until the Golden Bull of 1222. (Credit @The Despondent Mind)

• Major Sunni Islam Factions - are now at lower diplomacy with the smaller Sunni Islam Factions, giving room for historical in-fights if you do not handle diplomacy correctly. (Credit @JoAlves)

• Holy Roman Empire - has received a better garrison to help stop small client states who end the treaty and declare war from taking over their capital without a fight.

• Defensive Allies - will join more wars with their Allies.

• Crossbows - now do more damage to armor and shields.
    Last edited by Mugen234; April 13, 2020 at 06:06 AM.

Mugen thank you for your quick update. About religious affinity thing, same situation occurs also between empire of nicaea and zengids too. I believe there must be a problem here too.

Small Update & Bug Fixes

• Antioch -Can now recruit Armenian Mercenaries.

• Khwarazmian - can now recruit Homeland Mercenaries.

• Trebizond - Can now recruit Georgian Mercenaries.

• Hungary - is a protagonist to the Pope and other christian kingdoms for giving political power to the Hebrews and Moors as it historically was until the Golden Bull of 1222. (Credit @The Despondent Mind)

• Major Sunni Islam Factions - are now at lower diplomacy with the smaller Sunni Islam Factions, giving room for historical in-fights if you do not handle diplomacy correctly. (Credit @JoAlves)

• Holy Roman Empire - has received a better garrison to help stop small client states who end the treaty and declare war from taking over their capital without a fight.

• Defensive Allies - will join more wars with their Allies.

• Crossbows - now do more damage to armor and shields.