Thread: Scandinavia Total War Project (VltimaRatio's Mod, using the WotN map)

Default Scandinavia Total War Project (VltimaRatio's Mod, using the WotN map)

I have gotten permission to use the Baltic map for a high medieval campaign. Unit previews are in this thread (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post15852992), models will be used in both this submod and the SSH overhaul.

Factions will include the Scandinavian kingdoms with rebel/usurper counterfactions, and Baltic factions like Lithuania, the Teutonic Order, Novgorod and so on. The early campaign will start around 1130AD.

Early Scandinavian rosters are largely done, but higher tier units still need faction reskins for more factions.

The main thing that is needed for the first version is someone who knows how to put M2TWK Teutonic campaign settlements back into this mod so there's buildable castles again.

I have started making some custom architecture, though I don't know how to put it on the battle map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wooden_church.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	360085
    Winter is Coming

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Scandinavia Total War Project

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    I have gotten permission to use the Baltic map for a high medieval campaign. Unit previews are in this thread (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post15852992), models will be used in both this submod and the SSH overhaul.

Factions will include the Scandinavian kingdoms with rebel/usurper counterfactions, and Baltic factions like Lithuania, the Teutonic Order, Novgorod and so on. The early campaign will start around 1130AD.

Early Scandinavian rosters are largely done, but higher tier units still need faction reskins for more factions.

The main thing that is needed for the first version is someone who knows how to put M2TWK Teutonic campaign settlements back into this mod so there's buildable castles again.

I have started making some custom architecture, though I don't know how to put it on the battle map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wooden_church.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	360085
    Hello Vltima, the issue with using "Teutonic Settlements" is that the mod is mainly based on Medieval 2: Total War- and not the Kingdoms expansion. This means that any expansion features will need to be implemented to the mod. Horsa made some of that work on the "Grand Campaign" but it's unfortunately too unstable to be played. As for the "Baltic Release" i managed to add working hotseat to the mod, and i don't recall hotseat being in the vanilla Med2 base-game.

It should be possible to include any factions or features of the Kingdoms expansion- but it will most likely require extra work unfortunately. Same thing is true in Warcraft where we are limited to five factions less unless we'd want to do a lot of coding to get the other factions from the expansion into the mod.

The "Baltic Release" should be stable though. And i've fixed that issue with not being able to move troops in a certain region- i did just have to move the settlement.

If you are remaking the map that issue might return, but there is a solution for that- the solution is to place the descr_pathfindings-file into the data-folder of WotN. It will enable armies to move on mountains and prevent issues with them not being able to move. Not all mods have this file, and it originated from Europa Barbarorum 2 i believe. Somehow it was in Warcraft: Total War- and i managed to fix many issues with the mountains in HTW by placing that file into the data-folder.

Before i used the file armies would start on mountains and be unable to move at all.. After i had added that file they could move everywhere.

In order to be able to put custom achitecture/settlements into the mod you'd need to use the IWTE program. Makayane can probably guide you in how to do it. There are good tutorials as well.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...e-IWTE-Project

Be warned that this is probably quite hard work, and also will require you to master the IWTE program- i've heard it's slow work.

If you feel like it you could probably share the architecture in the fourm by clicking on the link and maybe others will use it. There are only very few people working on custom models for cities though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.17 - 22.38.35.59.png  
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal