Thread: How to reduce influence?

Default How to reduce influence?

well in my recent campaign a civil war has erupted i won, but now i have too much influence in the senate and it gets my a 10 public order penalty, i have found that gravitas isn´t related with senate influence so ¿how can i reduce it ?

Default Re: ¿how to reduce influence?

Option 1: change government
    More centralized governments (kingdom, empire) give less or no penalties at higher influence

Option 2: empower the other parties
    Marry all of their members, promote all of them. Do not marry or promote yours.
    Never adopt but allow them to adopt yours.
    Give their members the ancillaries with +gravitas but don't give any if them to your party members
    Suicide the party member with the highest gravity/ambition (as in send them in a hopeless battle alone)

Give them the best posts (active generals, governors) and keep your party members as reserve or inactive generals
    If you have a ton of money you can try to use your party members' gravitas on actions that don't give you gravitas or party power but given that gravitas costs are fixed that's almost irrelevant once you hit the mid-game

Warning: it's slow. Once you hit the mid-game power changes are slow since it's calculates as % of total gravitas (not exactly) and by the midgame there is a lot more gravitas around
    Last edited by PietrolEremita; July 19, 2019 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PietrolEremita View Post
    Option 1: change government
    More centralized governments (kingdom, empire) give less or no penalties at higher influence
    this isn't true at least for rome, even after conversion to empire u still get the massive penalties at higher influence, which doenst make much sense, might be bug who knows but it does make the transition to empire interesting and difficult period as you have to get above 65% to do it while suffering all the massive penalties

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: How to reduce influence?

There are no big possibilities to play with influence in DeI/vanilla, if you're not fully satisfied with that system try PIGS submod, it has many features more for the political part, included some specifically related to influence.

Quote Originally Posted by meerkatology View Post
    this isn't true at least for rome, even after conversion to empire u still get the massive penalties at higher influence, which doenst make much sense, might be bug who knows but it does make the transition to empire interesting and difficult period as you have to get above 65% to do it while suffering all the massive penalties
    You are correct and I was mistaken. I thought it did change with government but is only different between factions.

The other things I described do work though. I am at turn 170 with Rome, influence is 38%

Gravitas doesn't affect influence? I was told it does. Can someone clarify please?

What? Who said that?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

gravitas per turn (so, how much gravitas a party gain in that turn) will affect influence.