Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod 5.0 - Steam compatible

(still playing the previous version - this time as Norway.the Mongol invasion campaign.)
    Going OK, have wiped out England, Scotland, Wales and am about to set off on Crusade.

Interestingly this time around Jerusalem and Antioch have been wiped out by Turkey and Egypt.

The log has only thrown up one error which you may already have fixed :

03:30:01.834 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/kgcm6/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Grand_Campaign_Mongol_Invasion/descr_strat.txt, at line 3562, column 1
    The character record Councillor Bartolomeo is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.

Moneywise, I've got enough but not exactly overflowing at this stage of the game (after Mongols have invaded and settled.)
    I think the main reason I had so much money was simply having so many settlements (40 +)

I'm not sure why Bartolomeo would give that error, since Venice currently uses the "teutonic_order" family tree (to emulate it being an oligarchic republic). I set him up the same as the teutonic order's faction heir Maximillian, so it's weird only one would give the error. I just checked to make sure I properly commented out the Venetian family tree, and I think I did.

Currently doing an irish campaign on the latest version of the mod.

Generally things are playing well.

Spotted a problem with large city walls.- The ladders are too short.

The Irish can recruit galloglaich - the ones recruitable in towns and castles reply "spearmen" when clicked on. They still have their heavy axes though.

I think I fixed the wall thing (hopefully my fix doesn't break anything else), but for some reason when I fix the voice file the irish galloglaich still talks as if they're spearmen (even when I regenerate the sound files).

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    I think I fixed the wall thing (hopefully my fix doesn't break anything else), but for some reason when I fix the voice file the irish galloglaich still talks as if they're spearmen (even when I regenerate the sound files).
    There are also mercenary galloglaich that you can recruit in Ireland - they respond to be clicked on with "heavy infantry".

Playing as the Irish presents an interesting challenge - in mid 1200s I fighting against HRE armies of handgunners, landskechts, dismounted chivalric knights and gothic knights.
    On normal difficulty it's winnable but I suspect at higher difficulty levels the AI morale will be much better and so they won't ne so liable to rout.
    One of the most effective units are the javelin men- very good against slow moving pike and heavy militia units. The standard irish spear unit is also quite good at holding a line while the cav does a hammer and anvil.

Unit voices are handled buy export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt, which I altered to fix the Irish Galloglaich issue (they had the scottish spear accent by mistake), but even when I regenerate the voice files after the fix they still talk as spearmen; idk how else to fix it.

Certain factions (Ireland, Wales, Jerusalem, Antioch) have lower quality late game armies due to their unit rosters, but it's kind of just something that's baked into the game based on how the factions were created in kingdoms. They still all have some tools for the late game, and aren't helpless, like you said.

Hey I just wanted to jump on and say thank you Delphor so much for continuing to work on this mod, I remember playing this mod in 2015 and loved it! Obviously thanks to Gigantus, Robyn and Vietahn for there work as well!

As a side note, if you ever consider making anymore improvements to mod, I would love to see Apache and Mayan units added (would love them as factions but understand if there arnt enough unit slots or faction slots left)

Have a good day

Kind Regards,
    Kingdomswoop

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomswoop View Post
    Hey I just wanted to jump on and say thank you Delphor so much for continuing to work on this mod, I remember playing this mod in 2015 and loved it! Obviously thanks to Gigantus, Robyn and Vietahn for there work as well!

As a side note, if you ever consider making anymore improvements to mod, I would love to see Apache and Mayan units added (would love them as factions but understand if there arnt enough unit slots or faction slots left)

Have a good day

Kind Regards,
    Kingdomswoop
    Hi. There is the Hordes, Heroes and Beyond mod that adds Apache. About Mayans, there is the Expanded Americas mod, that used KGCM mod as a base.

Currently playing the latest version (with a minor change to dates so Mongols, gunpowder appear later in the game..

Game plays well, no crashes but a couple of things I noticed :

1) There's some confusion whether Spain is "Spain" or "Castile". there's the Kingdom of Castile and the King of Spain.

2) Had a weird glitch when attacking a brick fortress, Hamburg to be precise then occupied by Lithuania.
    Got the ram through the outer gate, but no matter which unit I tried I couldn't get the ram up to the inner gate. There was quite a steep incline in front of the gate so maybe it was too steep ?
    There were a lot of dead bodies there too but the ram shouldn't have a problem with that,
    Never seen the problem before with stone fortresses. So maybe a one-off glitch ?.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman View Post
    Hi. There is the Hordes, Heroes and Beyond mod that adds Apache. About Mayans, there is the Expanded Americas mod, that used KGCM mod as a base.
    Hello!

I have seen that one yes, would it be compatible with all the changes made by delphor? i remeber seeing people on here saying it wouldnt be, and is expanded Americas also compatible?

2 more questions if its not a bother, are there any submods that make timurids present and not a horde like the mongols are? i understand its ahistorical but tbf this is medieval 2 we are talking about haha! And are there any mods that ake the papal states playable, ive tried doing it myself for both the timurids and the papal states but just cant figure out how to make them work.

Kind regards,
    Kingdomswoop

I will not be able to add new territories/units/factions, as there are no more faction slots left and the number of unit slots available is in the low single digits, sadly.

I'm not sure about the timurids question, or how to make the papal states playable without causing a ton of crashes and missing core features.

The Castile/Spain stuff probably predated me, since I haven't messed with faction names except for the Timurids, but I can take a look later.

As for the brick fortress thing, I similarly haven't touched the files that generate them on the battle map (only the strat map models), as far as I thought they were a direct import from kingdoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomswoop View Post
    Hello!

I have seen that one yes, would it be compatible with all the changes made by delphor? i remeber seeing people on here saying it wouldnt be, and is expanded Americas also compatible?

2 more questions if its not a bother, are there any submods that make timurids present and not a horde like the mongols are? i understand its ahistorical but tbf this is medieval 2 we are talking about haha! And are there any mods that ake the papal states playable, ive tried doing it myself for both the timurids and the papal states but just cant figure out how to make them work.

Kind regards,
    Kingdomswoop
    Heroes, Hordes and Beyond is compatible with KGCM 4.2, not with 4.3 and unfortunately it's not compatible with Delphor's changes, since the submod's development took place 10 years ago or something. As for Expanded Americas, it's a mod that was based on KGCM, but it's not a submod, but a mod that has no affiliation anymore with KGCM, it even has its own forum, here on Total War Center, on the M2TW: Kingdoms Hosted Modifications section.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphor View Post
    I will not be able to add new territories/units/factions, as there are no more faction slots left and the number of unit slots available is in the low single digits, sadly.

I'm not sure about the timurids question, or how to make the papal states playable without causing a ton of crashes and missing core features.
    Hello Delphor! I have been playing a wales campaign with your changes and its so far been very fun, thank you again for all the hard work you have done!

That's a shame, I suspected that it would be the case, but I had hoped I would be wrong! Is there any chance maybe a unit or two could make it in as mercenaries in America? even if its only one for the apache and one for the Mayan? (obviously not very practical in terms of players using them but could be an interesting addition if only for flavour).

Is the reason you are unsure of the Timurids question because of my wording? Apologies if it is, I was essentially wondering if it is possible that the Timurids could be present on the map like the Mongols are at the start of the campaign, rather than them being a horde like in vanilla. Although there is no justifiable reason for them to exist at this start date or in this area (the chagatai khaganate would not exist for another 10 years or so if I remember, and the Barlas confederation would exist for another 40 years or so I believe, and they would not expand that far west till the titular Tamerlane) I think it would be fun to start as a smaller one or two province faction at the extreme end of the map.

The Papal states question is one I hadn't thought of in regards to engine limitations, i suppose i assumed that like vanilla medieval you could just move them into the playable faction selection (they are not super buggy in vanilla at least, although they cannot get excommunicated and i think they have trouble calling crusades, but it is a fun campaign nonetheless)

But thank you for answering my questions!

And thank you Artifex, ill give the expanded Americas mod a look through!

Kind regards,
    Kingdomswoop

I was able to get a submod to work with delphor's changes. It wasn't too hard to set up. When I got the mod to start it showed me delphor's changes and the mod worked like it was suppose to. Maybe you are setting it up wrong.

I don't know because I've never set up the mod to work with this submod, heroes hordes and beyond. What i do know though, is that heroes hordes and beyond works with kingdoms grand campaign mod 4.2, while Delphor's changes work with kingdoms grand campaign mod 4.3. Even if it works, probably you have overriden heroes hordes and beyond changes with Delphor's changes, so some things would not appear at all. Or i don't know, maybe you mean you manually edited heroes hordes and beyond to have Delphor's changes, which would be pretty cool.

Thank you for enjoying the mod! Even as wales, a faction tragically underdeveloped for the late game. Sorry about the natives, I would add them all if I had enough slots remaining.

With regards to the timurids, while making them playable on the campaign map might be fun, it's not something I'm intent on doing for historical reasons. Maybe one day in the future, but maybe not. I haven't looked into other mods to see if any of them let them start on the campaign map since it hasn't really interested me, not that those mods don't exist.

As for the papal states, you can move them into "playable factions" in descr_strat if you want, I'm just warning you about the bugs etc. associated with the faction. I tried it right now and it at least let me start a game. But if you've played with them before you know what you're getting into lol so have fun!

Its been challenging, but it really makes you think! Something that this mod does very well (not that other mods don't) is that it adds a great deal of asymmetry to the base game of medieval, while keeping it with that same vanilla feel, which is something that I find wishing I could play when I have had enough of other mods haha!

I have elected to simply make them playable myself, if anyone else would like the files then I am more than happy to share them once I am finished. So far it doesn't seem to taxing as i am not making anything new haha!

The papal states seem just as functional as they are in base game, so iffy, but largely bug free, they do start with the ability to make swiss halberdiers every 10 turns so im trying to figure out how you could change them to be slightly less op so early (although its not game breaking).

I also forgot to mention a bug I found (I did try and fix it myself but I was unable to) The venetian heavy infantry and the Venetian Archers become invisible if you upgrade their amour, and i can't figure out why.

Also, although dismounted French archers exist in campaign, mounted French archers do not (they also do not appear in custom battle either), which I find slightly funny as in base game I'm certain it was the other way round haha!

Kind regards,
    Kingdom swoop

I'll look into the Venetian thing.

The mounted french/english archers were one of the (and might be the only) units cut for space reasons (since they were campaign exclusive anyways).

Venetian bug was a weird one, I think Dave didn't port the skins over since they were inconsistent in vanilla, but I think I found an appropriate fix it should be good for the next update.