Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Status for Rise of the Republic overhaul

Default Status for Rise of the Republic overhaul

Hello guys,

just wanted to ask what's the status on the Rise of the Republic proper overhaul?
    Do you have timeline?

Default Re: Status for Rise of the Republic overhaul

Ahiga, who is working on the overhaul, is on break right now. We don't have any timeline. We are mostly focused on the current beta we are doing and I am not sure when/if the ED and RoR overhauls will be completed. Its more likely that we may release pieces of them, otherwise it could be a multi year project.

The problem is that we basically have to do all new rosters for 2 new games effectively.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks Dresden

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Ahiga, who is working on the overhaul, is on break right now. We don't have any timeline. We are mostly focused on the current beta we are doing and I am not sure when/if the ED and RoR overhauls will be completed. Its more likely that we may release pieces of them, otherwise it could be a multi year project.

The problem is that we basically have to do all new rosters for 2 new games effectively.
    just my two cents, but if you guys could implemented the two fundamental systems - population and supply - it will make these expansions playable for most of the players who purchased them in the hope of the eventual DeI-sation. the rest if largely secondary, imho.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

That was aready done for them since they were released. We only dont have factions from these campaign overhauled or added any reforms, events etc.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    That was aready done for them since they were released. We only dont have factions from these campaign overhauled or added any reforms, events etc.
    sorry, didnt realise. tbh, thats good enough for me atm. great to hear, thanks!

Yeah they should be very playable with all of DeI's systems. Its just that some of the rosters are a bit anachronistic.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

As dresden mentioned I am/was on a break. I am going to try and upload what I have (The Celts are done, basically 100% except in terms of implementing them ingame) for the team so that it isn't predicated on my availability. I have to admit that I have a bad habit of getting burnt out on modding, and in modding as well as academic classwork trying to do everything single handedly. So I'm going to pass along the material and also try and be a little bit less extreme in how much work I do. Like before I went on break I was making it so the veneti had a dizzying number of unique shields. When you add up the Etruscans needing the same, the Italian Osco-Umbrians needing the same, the Oscans needing the same, it adds up.

So simply put I'll try this weekend to upload all my existing work so that if I do burn out again DEI can take it and go ahead and implement it piecemeal rather than waiting for my slow self to get it all done and tied up in a bow.

Centenarius

Perhaps some of us holdouts will be buying ROR during the Steam Christmas sale after all.

Ahiga, I too know the burnout modding can cause. I am still recovering from Janes WWII Fighters from the early 2000's

Thank you for all of your efforts thus far!

Wait, there will be DE rework, too?

Yup.

Ahiga, in ideal world you would complete Empire Divided and Rise of the Republic for DEI, and then do slavs and norse for FOTE. I only wish you had more time for and profit from that.

I found out that not only is the second best (non-mod) TW campaigning that is DE being relieved from broken rosters, but one of my favorite Attila mods is also being updated, all in a single tread? Lads, I have to admit, no tread has ever, and probably never will, make me happier. On a side note, yes, I am more of late Antiquity fan, I dislike skirt and dagger Romans, I want real Romans, with pants and spathas, don't hate me for that.

Sorry if I'm being thick here, but for ED I understand DeI systems (population, supply) are implemented. But rosters are vanilla, unit stats and battles as well?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Unit stats and battles have DeI values but stats are not properly balanced yet, some some units can be too weak or too strong etc. Bedt is to play battle and test
    Last edited by KAM 2150; December 08, 2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

OK, thanks.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Perhaps some of us holdouts will be buying ROR during the Steam Christmas sale after all.

Ahiga, I too know the burnout modding can cause. I am still recovering from Janes WWII Fighters from the early 2000's

Thank you for all of your efforts thus far!
    Now all I can't get that awesome jazz intro out of my head lol

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Veneti 2nd Servian/Italian class. I take the Servian system system to be a North-Central Italian one beyond Rome because of the reflection of it in Etruscan/Veneti artwork. I tend to follow the assize of arms as not an exact one outside of Rome hence not all Veneti 2nd rankers get greaves (Servian system calls for all 2nd rankers to have greaves). Likewise it's an assumption that the 2nd rankers might have some cuirasses and pectorals while none are called for in the Servian system. Etruscans and Roman 2nd rankers will look a bit similar, but with some different helmets and shields mixed in.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 17, 2019 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Spoilers added.

Wow, you weren't kidding about the shield diversity. Looks great, thank you!

Centenarius

Tears of joy in my eyes at seeing this. Bravo!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast