Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 150 BC)

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 278BC during Pyrrhus of Epirus campaigns)

I'll now look into add the unit models, battle scenes and voices to the game. Some scripts already added: 4 turns per year (4 seasons), campaign and battle AI, wonders videos when aproaching them and some other minor scripts. I intend to add a lot of scripts but I don't like to talk about what is not already in the mod, that's why I don't have a description up yet. I've also added DBM music as I think it's perfect besides the main menu one which I replaced. I'm also using DBM terrain textures as you can see in the screenshots.

The mod is being designed with immersion and gameplay as priority so here and there I might take some liberties regarding historicity in favour of this 2 factors. It will be designed with a slow paced campaign in mind and will start at 340 BC when Alexander the Great had 16 years old and will be the Macedonia faction heir.

There will be an AOR system and a government system (still debating ideas on this) and also a unique building in the starting capital of each faction with the idea of making it more meaningful. For example Carthage shall be able to recruit from there Iberian troops which is not covered by the map to better represent their Empire. Also a region/area system which add bonus or malus and that guarantees a permanent % of the local culture in which means is not possible to completely convert to a different culture. Also buildings like Greek Polis which guarantees a permanent Greek culture in the region. For example Massalia (modern Marseille) will always have a % of Celtic and Greek culture.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; January 23, 2019 at 07:51 AM.

Added unit models, I'm thinking change for 12 tpy as it fits better the time frame btw.

roman army, unit cards, ui

macedonian army, unit cards, ui

New screenshots from custom battle scenes, working formations:

macedonian army, working formations, scenes:

roman army, working formations, scenes:
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; January 28, 2019 at 02:54 PM.

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    I'm thinking change for 12 tpy as it fits better the time frame btw.
    12 sounds too slow imo, 6 would be ideal.

Also is it possible to have multiple winter turns per year?

So to have 2 or 3 winter turns per year?

Super!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    Very nice.

12 sounds too slow imo, 6 would be ideal.

Also is it possible to have multiple winter turns per year?

So to have 2 or 3 winter turns per year?
    Yeah I understand your concerns regarding turns per years I didn't completely decided yet, what I was thinking was balance the construction/recruitment time and movement points to half that (6 turns) because more than that it's obviously bad in terms of gameplay, it would be a bit unrealistic though so I'm not sure yet.

Yes you can even make all year winter Or at least it's what I remember when I added the script I have here to the mod I started making first at the late Roman Republic (last civil war) although the year is supposed to change after winter so I'm not completely sure but I think that code changes something about it, I need to take a better look. I was thinking adding an event where you get a picture (or video) at the start of each season.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; January 31, 2019 at 08:45 AM.

Overhauled campaign map UI and other little things like units experience icons. It's still not finished but looks better than before I think. Other cultures will have different recruit buttons:

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Aurei Imperii (mod set at 340 BC)

Looking good. If I could make a suggestion: change the minimap. The outline of coasts/shallow waters looks way too vivid.

For comparison, this is what I have in my mod:

https://imgur.com/a/b69MHiG

What I'm trying to say is, it's softer on the eyes. Other than that I really like your user interfaces/icons a lot.
    Last edited by Razor; January 31, 2019 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Looking good. If I could make a suggestion: change the minimap. The outline of coasts/shallow waters looks way too vivid.

For comparison, this is what I have in my mod:

https://imgur.com/a/b69MHiG

What I'm trying to say is, it's softer on the eyes. Other than that I really like your user interfaces/icons a lot.
    It doesn't bother me but I can see how it might bother some, maybe I later try to do something with bright or something or maybe you could make it how you would like The mini map is from Ancient Conquest mod.

Made new event icons. Also changed the mercenary button to be the same as normal recruitment button:

Remade recruit/build buttons to blend better with the UI, made new icon for building and for Carthaginians recruitment. Also removed walls from all ports in the strat map.

Reverted UI colours and the ports walls thing as some looked better but others weird. Made new recrut icon/button for Romans, also greyed out buttons now the icons just lose some colour. Added unit cards for ships. Added advisors from Rome TW and Alexander expansion for the Greeks. Ignore things like towns/cities size and the provinces owned bu factions you see, I'll only work on that when I'm done with the UI and strat models.

Last edited by MagusCaligula; February 05, 2019 at 06:40 PM.

Added different UI for eastern factions, also changed construction icon and tweaked greyed buttons, I'll also add a different UI for barbarian factions. I'm thinking in adding Rhodes as faction.

Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    Very nice
    Thanks, btw atm I'm thinking to follow your advice and go with 6 tpy Regarding the winter question I wasn't thinking clearly because it changes after winter change to summer so yeah you can have whatever turns you want as winter either than 1, I'm thinking on 2 turns winter.

Tweaked contrast and saturation on the construction icon I forgot, replaced the finances icon button on the Roman UI.

Added barbarian ui, Rhodes addded as faction.

Last edited by MagusCaligula; February 12, 2019 at 01:24 PM.

Added ui for Romans, tweaked settings of Roman factional unit cards as some didn't look very good and there was discrepancies. Looking into tweak image settings on all unit cards to make them look as similar as possible. Looking into adding Samnites and Nabateans as factions.

Samnites added as faction, another UI added, tweaked some UI stuff, corrected Roman UI missions button (it has wrong one in the screenshot), tweaked battle banners size and wave to be more realistic (as of now battle banners models are from DBM but I intend to make new ones later). Still need to make Persian variant of eastern UI, event icons (only Greek ones are done) and finish unit cards stuff before I can move on...

I love the mod so far! I hope this mod comes out this year.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast