Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geto-Dacians

Default Re: Geto-Dacians

Tarabostes infantry (early):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Tarabostes turned out well.
    But long peaks - contusions I think should be removed.
    Leave them crooked swords, bows with arrows and can small spears (can be without shields).
    But the style of sarmatian long spear I do not think that took place.
    From the Sarmatian influence, I had in mind bows with arrows and general armament, but not long peaks. They all will be enough to recruit Sarmatian allies, I think.

Phrygian types of helmets with a high crown. Yes, these types with the getic decorations except for the Trajan column are almost nowhere else.
    I make no assumptions that they always existed in different versions, and this is the oldest form with the gets identity.

But we chose the most optimal variant of the correspondences.

Interestingly, here are such helmets, Phrygian, Lydian, Persian, they presumably have their origin in Thrace since the time of the Persian invasion.
    This is of course hypothetical

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post

Romal the sword made by CJ is made from bronze, although that's not possible during our timeframe.
    M@x, with all due respect, but I think it's still a sword of iron. And this is a find about the last two centuries BC.

But you will be right if you leave this sword for use by the Celtic-Illyrians in the regions of Serbia in the Balkans.
    Here is a clearer explanation of archaeological chronicles and specifically of this sword in the grave of the warrior-Celt

http://av.zrc-sazu.si/En/56/Gaspari_Mlinar56.html

https://www.academia.edu/2336833/_2005_Grave_with_a_machaira_from_Most_na_So%C4%8Di._Last_versions_of_single-edged_swords_with_a_bent_hilt

The next paragraph I would suggest as a method of decimation in getae at an insufficient percentage of cohesion.
    Justin - Epitome of the Philippic History of Pompeius Trogus.

"The Dacians are descendants of the Getae. This people having fought unsuccessfully, under their king Oroles, against the Bastarnae, were compelled by his order, as a punishment for their cowardice, to put their heads, when they were going to sleep, in the place of their feet, and to perform those offices for their wives which used previously to be done for themselves. Nor were these regulations altered, until they had effaced, by new exertions in the field, the disgrace which they had incurred in the previous war." (XXXII. 3. 16)
    Last edited by ROMAL; September 10, 2018 at 02:25 AM.

Yes you re right about the kontos, i will see what i can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    M@x, with all due respect, but I think it's still a sword of iron.
    Mate, this sword is coloured orange, the orange of bronze. It's even more visible in game. Iron has no orange colour not even orange hue, but only if it gets rusted, which obviously shouldn't be. Anyway i will fix it.

It is right . I did not even think about this obvious fact.

Ok i make new animations for the late Tarabostes, and now they can use bows, spears, swords and shields.

They use bows in range:

They charge with spears and shields:

And they use swords (sica and scythian axes and swords) for close combat:

Also im thinking of leaving some of them without shields. What do you think?

and
    Tarabostes (early)
    Last edited by M@x1mus; September 12, 2018 at 02:32 PM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

some without shield will screw the animation up
    so keep all with shield or their shield hand will still look like its holding a shield

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    some without shield will screw the animation up
    so keep all with shield or their shield hand will still look like its holding a shield
    Yes, actually though this is mostly visible when the unit get hit by arrowfire, (when they raise their hand as is they are holding a shield) while in all other battle phases this is barely noticed.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Horses are absolutely gorgeous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12