Thread: How can I get slaves?

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Default How can I get slaves?

Hello friends!

Could you tell me the easiest way to get slave population???

I have some plantation buildings that need slaves in order to get an upgrade and sincerely, I don't know how to... :-(

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default Re: How can I get slaves?

They are a resource aren't they? So you have to trade with a faction who produces them or capture a region that has that resource. I can't see it anywhere though.

I believe Selucid Empire are the only ones that not only have access to them, and also build it to trade. Guessing they start with the building since no faction seems to build resource buildings.
    It is what it is, nothing more, nothing less
    In life, pain and death are the only things shared by everyone

I was wondering about this too, I don't really get how the slave system works. You can't enslave your captured enemies (that would be the logical way to gain slaves, I guess it's not possible to do so via modding) so I'm at a lost here. It really is a resource? If that is the case (I find it really wierd to be honest) where (and... why in X especific province?) its produced?

Decanus

Slaves are a resource, not something you win in battle.

I think that you habe to unlock the thecknology Cause always I get 0benefit from them

Tbh I havent had the time to play this mod, although I have been monitoring it for a long time, as most of us here have. I simply dont have the time atm and fear I wont be able to take my hands ( and mind) off it ^^.
    What I do not understand is that slaves are simply a resource. Imho that would just not fit all the historical content of the mod. Slaves were an incredible lucrative and much needed resource, an industry in itself. They were quite simply obtained through waging war (mainly). It probably was the 2nd thought of every war Rome fought, comparable to our modern days weapon industry - "keep the wars going and the money coming ^^.
    I do hope the devs will make the rare resource in the mod, which is region based, the "educated slaves" again and the "normal" slaves obtainable by battles/prisoners.

Dont see this as criticism, it cant be as I havent played the mod - its just my personal view and wish. Since this is still beta, I think theres still room for improvements. You guys are just awesome, a fact =)

Yes ir could be different to give more inmersion to the game the more you conquest the more slaves