Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RELEASED] ACW 2.0 American Civil War for Napoleon Total War

Default Re: [RELEASED] ACW 2.0 American Civil War for Napoleon Total War

Ok, thank you for your help Looking forward to 2.1

I have notice a colonial British officer holding the american flag marching alongside the union

Quote Originally Posted by oda nobuhide View Post
    I have notice a colonial British officer holding the american flag marching alongside the union
    That's not helpful. Where? In custom battles? What unit? In a scenario? If so, which scenario and which regiment? Details are important because this is useless information without specifics when there are over 3,800 possible units.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Thank You for everything. I cant say it enough. Yes I wish it could have a campaign but maybe someday. Your the best

Hello,

I just started playing your mod, it looks nice. I just played solo on a couple of maps.

But I encountered an unpleasant bug : whenever you add coastal artillery (8, 10, 32 and 40 lbs) on the defending side (playing with Confederates) at Fort Wagner, the game crash during the loading.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sideburns View Post
    Hello,

I just started playing your mod, it looks nice. I just played solo on a couple of maps.

But I encountered an unpleasant bug : whenever you add coastal artillery (10lbs & 40lbs) on the defending side (playing with Confederates) at Fort Wagner, the game crash during the loading.
    Edit : not all coastal artillery.
    Howitzer are also causing crash
    I don't which ones exactly but some confederate and union infantry seems to cause crashing aswell

Thanks for the report on the crashing. I will check those out. I have not had any issues there but there might be something wrong. Thanks again!

BUG REPORT: On the Fort Wagner Scenario, my Confederate AI artillery partner began firing invisible cannons on the backside of the building inside the fort.

Quote Originally Posted by jar_are_red View Post
    BUG REPORT: On the Fort Wagner Scenario, my Confederate AI artillery partner began firing invisible cannons on the backside of the building inside the fort.
    Was this after they had been routed from their initial gun? I have seen that from time to time as well with vanilla NTW and it is after the unit breaks, run, then rallies at some point and they forget that they have no gun.

Default Re: ACW 2.0 American Civil War for Napoleon Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    ... and I shall give you the most mind-blowing Campaign you can imagine....
    You go dude - push CA

I think it would be a smashing success. The American Civil War or the War Between the States (depending on what part of the USA you are in is one of the most studied periods of history. If you look at the Napoleonic campaigns they are as widely popular in the USA as Europe. Its just a fascinating period.

Many of the games on the Civil War have been made by gaming companies other than the US such as the French AGEOD`s Civil War.

I would implement the brilliant idea started in Rome2 with leaders only being able to move troops and this would be the kicker to make a grand campaign that would be one of the top sellers for The Creative Assembly if they can ever get past the political correctness of the controversial issues that seem to have spread to modern pundit talking points.

Brexit already the PC and make us a game where Bobby Lee and Sam Grant square off - it would top the selling list - do the marketing and this will bear out as I already have.

Make that kick arse campaign Slyk - I will play you that one and I am an old grognard
    Last edited by Marmaduke; August 14, 2018 at 11:03 PM.

Default Re: ACW 2.0 American Civil War for Napoleon Total War

I absolutely LOVE this mod! I think it might keep Darthmod out of my data folder for good! It is not only my favorite time period, but a truly excellent gaming experience. THANK YOU for this!

I have a question about some of the texture files. I tried using Pack File Manager to extract the textures for the variant_part_meshes but but it only gives me 21.4k pictures of light bulbs.

The reason I am doing this in the first place is that I wanted to make some small cosmetic changes just for myself. I want to put some regiments in shirts, rather than jackets, and the way I planned to go about it was to use PFM to extract some of the jacket variant_part_meshes, edit them into shirts, and then change the texture files. This would circumvent the need to do any database editing, something I would rather avoid.

I have performed this exact operation with vanilla NTW and it went just fine. Is something up with Pack File Manager that I am getting these light bulb pictures instead of textures? Everything displays correctly in game. I also verified that it is ALL of the textures related to variant_part_meshes, but other dds files in the mod extract normally.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Again, thank you for this amazing mod!

Brill: If you are going to make new mesh files, I would love to have them and add them for the updated 2.1 release. I have that very task on my to-do list. As to the light bulb issue, I have no idea. I never figured that out but if you look in the acw_models pack file, under unitmodels then either CSA or Union, you will find the default textures. My textures are all in the acw_variantmodels2 package.

The way the original mod was built, the guys used this default "one 1024x1024 texture" for each unit type, similar I think the Empire. Napoleon moved to the atlas file system with one large 2048x2048 texture, which I am now up to "acw4" with the new version. The 1024x method gives you much higher resolution and quality. My new stuff isn't up to this standard, by any means, but the textures are functional.

If you are skilled at doing either Normal or Gloss maps, let me know. I need help on this stuff!

Thanks for the compliments, glad you enjoy the mod.

Thanks for the info, Slyk, I will get to work now! I would not call myself skilled, more like "motivated." If I end up being able to create something that looks reasonably good I would be proud to have it included and I will absolutely send it your way.

Cheers!

i wish you luck in your work Brill852

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123