Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lands to Conquer v1.21 Feedback/Comments

Default Re: Lands to Conquer v1.21 Feedback/Comments

btw about merchants in cities. this means i have to upgrade them to market right ? i mean in every single city if i want more then 1 merchant.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

btw about merchants in cities. this means i have to upgrade them to market right ? i mean in every single city if i want more then 1 merchant.
    Yes, you get 1 merchant for every market you have.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Problem with A.I. city upgrade.

16.000 residents and no stone wall for Spain A.I. and Denmark A.I.(I did not conquer other fractions)
    City walls to expensive ?

Turn 54

My Cav allways charges even when chasing rioters.
    Expirienced or not.
    In woods , hills ,rough terrian.
    Too many good charges.
    Last edited by Lusted; January 08, 2007 at 05:51 AM.

Please do not triple post, the edit button is there for a reason.

Yes there are issues with population growth and upgrading settlements in 1.21 that are fixed in 2.0. I had the population requirements too high in 1.21.

And blame the good cav charges on CA, in 1.21 im using the default charge distance. In 2.0 you willl get good cav charges again, but they're not as powerful as in normal M2TW.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Population requirements are good.I like slow game.Building cost too much (AI don't build next upgrade of walls) so I'm stock with wooden walls in siege and city have REQUIREMENTS.Peacefull Danes (I'm only in war with them for 4 turns[of 54 turns]) should build more not the basic.
    A.I. delevopment is somehow inbalanced because it spend too much on armies less on buildings (I think but not sure).
    Will see in 2.0

P.S. Mod is better than game

If its only turn 54 then the ai is still building up. Im the latest test camapign for 2.0 the ai has built citadels by 1247 and is producing Gothic Knights. You just need to give the ai time to develop, and if you go to war with it it will put its money into troops instead of building up. Don't rush the ai, give it time.
    Creator of:

hey lusten,

Im in the year 1154 now playing byzantine. I almost wiped venice and am busy trying to fight a very strong turkey.

Btw i got peacetreaty offered 2 times so far. Once by poland even though they were at war with me and i never even had to fight them, they were prob allied to one i had war with. The other one was by egypt who fought me plenty at sea but not on land. Anyway sitll nice they come to offer me treaty so i can make money of them lol

But my problem is the religious factor. Venice i conquered up to zagreb so far and turkey till around adana.

The problem is i constantly get swarmed by priests from another religion plus non stop i have several heretics around my towns. Not the ones i just conquered but they are all over the place. What causes heretics to spawn anyway ? Are they former normal priests or ?

This for me causes major problems even after capturing a town/castle and exterminating the entire population. Usually right after i get 3 priests from another faction sent to the newly conquered town, specially turkey is good at this, and heretics start to show up.

Since building is slow i cant support newly conquered towns fast enough with churches and the likes. Also pumping out good priests to kill the heretics is a problem since im pretty much always way short on cash the last bunch of turns. I have like 5 or more towns that need a wall upgrade i cant even afford since im trying to build armies and trying to fight unrest non stop in every town i have. Only my capital and the town next to it seem alright, though they are heavily stacked and rarely see a heretic or oposite faction priest near.

Coz of this i've had to abandon towns a few times already or they simply rebelled while i was in it.

Its a shame about the religious part causing so many problems. The rest is all fine . I know its very hard to balance things out with such crappy default AI.

Im playing short campaign btw. I cant imagine how this will be in a long campaign lol. I conquered only maybe 8 towns now so far, of which 5 or so were rebel towns.

Actually the increased problems of religious unrest are intended, you have to use priests more in my mod if you want to keep a province in a place with a low rating in your religion. Just have as many preists as you can and send some of them off to your newly conquered province. Plus a low level church only takes 2 turns to build for a small amount of cash.
    Creator of:

oh i know the unrest is intended for balancing etc .

Just a small churge doesnt do me much good when i get jumped by other faction's priests and heretics soon after start to show up.

But yer right. it prob also needs adjusting when starting a campaign since on the normal default campain, so non modded, priests were my least concern. So now they need to be much higher priority to get some higher lvl priests out.

Which reminds me btw is it me or do priests lvl alot slower ? I've used them fairly soon and do have a whole lot of priests out but they seem to gain piety really slow. This in turn means trouble killing heretics or converting places.

Btw come to think of it its probably also the reason im now on low cash constantly. Not giving churches/priests a much higher priority at the start now handicaps my taxes so much, since alot of towns are on low tax due to religious problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Actually the increased problems of religious unrest are intended, you have to use priests more in my mod if you want to keep a province in a place with a low rating in your religion. Just have as many preists as you can and send some of them off to your newly conquered province. Plus a low level church only takes 2 turns to build for a small amount of cash.
    You might consider tacking on a few turns to the territory take over missions with the increased unrest, mabey no more than a couple turns here or there. :hmmm:
    Is leor nod don eolach.
    A hint is sufficient for the wise.
    Maireann croí éadrom i bhfad.
    A light heart lives longest.
    Chomh sean leis an cheo agus níos sine faoi dhó.
    As old as the mist and older by two.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123