Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aurelian Music Pack - For new DLC!

Icon6 Aurelian Music Pack - For new DLC!

Hi all, Some of you may remember i made two very successful music packs, Epic Music Pack, and Dynamic Music Pack. Between issues with TW admins (which were resolved), Steam and people stealing my mods everything went a bit up and down to the point where i just gave up developing the mods and actually lost all of the source files, making updates nigh impossible.

Well with the new DLC on the way, i thought i would have a crack at making a new soundtrack pack, with the new DLC as its focal point. It will have some key differences from the two other packs and i will list them below.

For this release i have two new packs. Possibly thinking of a 3rd with more 50s/60s epic style music but thats on the backburner.

FAQ

What is the name of # track? - I edit and modify tracks to best suit the need of the situation, including combining several tracks into one or cutting them up, So This is nigh impossible to tell you.
    Can you give me a tracklist? - To avoid putting TWC in a position that could damage the site, i avoid posting track contents in public. You can however PM me and i will try and help you out.
    I dont like # Track, can you remove it? - No, The packs were really made for me, but i thought id share it with everyone else. So using or not using is entirely your choice.
    Will you upload to steam? - I personally will not, But if someone wants to do it on my behalf please PM me first so i can give you some info to post in the mod page.
    Can i edit your mod/Delete/Add songs? - It is extremely difficult to reverse engineer a wwise mod, so the answer to that is no.
    Why do i not hear many greek tracks? -These mods were designed to be used with Empire Divided, where Greeks are in a strong minority, thus they have limited tracks.

Dynamic Divided

Dynamic is a more modern sound, encompassing the styles of modern epic films which are lot more fast paced and electronic in Nature. This pack is designed to only server a certain type of player, but i think you will all enjoy it all the same. This mod is perfect for those only interest in custom battles

Rome Preview: To be added
    Greek Preview: To be added
    Barbarian Preview: To be added
    Eastern Preview: To be added

Link: https://mega.nz/#!1yYxXJYI!lq0NsrPn_...aZ0lxZLVry1f9Y

Epic Divided

Epic is the pack that i would recommend as it has more of an authentic sound to fit the time period. Fits great for those who are planning long campaigns.

Rome Preview: To be added
    Greek Preview: To be added
    Barbarian Preview: To be added
    Eastern Preview: To be added

Link: https://mega.nz/#!4yBGzBgI!SJdW8IZat...VcvpzHOdxbTrEU
    Last edited by Tyso3; March 21, 2018 at 10:57 PM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Default Re: Aurelian Music Pack - For new DLC!

Good luck with this, Tyso. +rep

Remember that you can post an Announcement when it is released, to spread the news.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Looking forward to your new project, good luck! Despite everything, I'm glad this DLC will be inspiring our great community of modders to step up and try new things. I'll keep my eye out for this. Hoping you'll have some Germanic type tracks as well.

If anything, i was was inspired by the DEI team, who have worked tirelessly since 2013 to bring us a mod that they keep updating. Also they dont make any monetary demands like....other mod groups yet deserve the same amount of credit!

So yeah . But also like i said previously, i cant update dynamic/epic as all the source files were gone (as in the 450+ Wav files pre edited, pre mixed etc that i used to just drag n drop for an update), Now i have to start again from scratch!

Quick Update: Sorry about the delay, as a poor student i havent been able to pre-order the DLC, so i was waiting until someone uploaded some screenys of the campaign map and political landscape so i could tailor the mods (culture specifically).

But their is progess, ive pretty much isolated 3 key themes and musical style for Romans, Eastern and Barbarians (as you know i like to keep all music sounding similar, rather then a jazz band of random music like other mods). Nothing for greeks yet, and im not sure if ill even have a unique sound for them, as they seem to be almost non existant at this point in history.

Romans are going to have a far more dramatic and frantic sound then in Epic, Since this is not the start of the great empire, but the beginning of the end. So the soft sounds of Gladiator style music will not be here (You can get that in epic pack).

Easterns were a massive problem for me, as its very hard to find eastern sounding soundtracks that fit total wars gameplay, on epic it was mismatch of music from multiple sources and was the weakest of the pack. Here i have found a lot of music that is of a similar theme and will give me enough to build a culture with them

Barbarians will be similar, but i will probably use more of the audio i dropped out of Epic. For those who used Epic in the first few releases, you will note that almost all of epic's barbarian soundtrack was replaced, well i aim to add them back in this pack, as it gives a lot darker, bleaker barbarian sound then the uplifting tracks on epic.

Greeks, No idea. Probablly will move away from the Alexander sound and onto something else, Or just link with romans.

MERGED: Here is a preview of a Rome battle track. This is edited. For those of you who download this, im sure you will work out where its from, But trust me i had music like this all throughout Epic and nobody cared, Its all about wether it fits the scene.

Im not sure wether to Include this in Epic, or to create a seperate dynamic with it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n7cdm...5s/rbattle.wav
    Last edited by Frunk; November 26, 2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Foederatus

So what are the chances of more Wardruna or Einar selvik's tracks being in?

Also, the track from above certainly suits the theme you are going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Quick Update: Sorry about the delay, as a poor student i havent been able to pre-order the DLC, so i was waiting until someone uploaded some screenys of the campaign map and political landscape so i could tailor the mods (culture specifically).

But their is progess, ive pretty much isolated 3 key themes and musical style for Romans, Eastern and Barbarians (as you know i like to keep all music sounding similar, rather then a jazz band of random music like other mods). Nothing for greeks yet, and im not sure if ill even have a unique sound for them, as they seem to be almost non existant at this point in history.

Romans are going to have a far more dramatic and frantic sound then in Epic, Since this is not the start of the great empire, but the beginning of the end. So the soft sounds of Gladiator style music will not be here (You can get that in epic pack).

Easterns were a massive problem for me, as its very hard to find eastern sounding soundtracks that fit total wars gameplay, on epic it was mismatch of music from multiple sources and was the weakest of the pack. Here i have found a lot of music that is of a similar theme and will give me enough to build a culture with them

Barbarians will be similar, but i will probably use more of the audio i dropped out of Epic. For those who used Epic in the first few releases, you will note that almost all of epic's barbarian soundtrack was replaced, well i aim to add them back in this pack, as it gives a lot darker, bleaker barbarian sound then the uplifting tracks on epic.

Greeks, No idea. Probablly will move away from the Alexander sound and onto something else, Or just link with romans.

MERGED: Here is a preview of a Rome battle track. This is edited. For those of you who download this, im sure you will work out where its from, But trust me i had music like this all throughout Epic and nobody cared, Its all about wether it fits the scene.

Im not sure wether to Include this in Epic, or to create a seperate dynamic with it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n7cdm...5s/rbattle.wav
    What's the progress with your great music mod?We like it very much!

Drags you lost the source files... I still have mine (somewhere) from my mod I didn't publicly release. I still use your tracks when playing DEI/R2 to this day!
    Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/950 Pro/970 EVO/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro/

Quick update: Sorry its taken so long, been busy with work etc, plus its a blistering 30+ Degrees down here at xmas so it makes being inside incredibly...sweaty lol.

Have finnaly finished editing the tracks for the new Dynamic pack, just need to throw them into wwise and test them, i will upload the test build here (or link it rather) when i do.
    Epic is next on the list for track editing, but id like to iron out any bugs/issues with dynamic before i can spend time on my favorite style, epic.

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

@Tyso : I'm waiting so much for that update of Epic
    I'm gonna keep that page as favorite

Keep good work! I just tried your Epic Pack, and that's amazing! I also tried Dynamic Pack, but I find it's not suitable to the atmosphere of a game with ancient warfare. So I also wonder why people prefer Dynamic.

Delete post
    Last edited by Tyso3; December 24, 2017 at 12:04 AM.

Major bug found: Battle music is switching back to tension far too quickly

Update to First post with Dynamic (Finished) Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Update to First post with Dynamic (Finished) Link.
    THX your effort!And we also wait for your Epic mod.

Tyso thank you for a new pack! Epic Music is my favorite mod alongside with DEI. How much difference in those two packs percentage-wise?

Percentage wise? Well the main difference is that its a completely different style and themes. The Tracks will generally be less intense and more authentic.

Sorry, I thought the base of Dynamic Divided mod is Epic mod.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Hey Tyso, thanks for your mods I really couldn't play without them! Any eta for epic? Also is your older version of dynamic available anywhere?

Hey yeah, sorry forgot to do epic lol. Wiped my computer recently and didnt reinstall rome2 or wwise (but i made backups this time of wwise!) Will try and get something out at some point. And yes i still have the old dynamic mod on hosting here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast