Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Ι'm quite troubled with your issues! I haven't seen such low performance with your specs to be honest and I can't think of anything else. I'll try searching the other Forums for a similar problem though and let you know.
    Thank you!

I am really impressed with your determination to keep helping out on this Thread, considering how many years have passed since you started.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Support] Tech-Hardware: Tips and Tricks for a better DEI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielscunha View Post
    Hi all!

I've been having some strange performance issues.

I stopped playing Rome 2 around May last year. Picked it up again this month.

Performance was amazing when I was playing back then. 50+ fps on 20x20 battles on DeI (while zooming into fights); everything running smooth and perfect.

Now, however, DeI seems to be causing some serious performance issues. I just need to click on 'Start Battle' to have an immediate drop of 5 to 10 fps depending on my army's size, and when armies clash my average is 30-.

I originally thought that maybe this was due to some Rome 2 new patch. Owing to that I followed a number of threads (including this one's original post) but to no avail. Then I read on a recent comment on this thread that I should try disabling my mods. I did so and, voila, vanilla Rome 2 is running amazingly well. I just had to I activate DeI and crappy performance is on again.

Did something change in DeI over these months that would engender such a performance downgrade?

I didn't change anything on my PC except keeping my GPU drivers updated.

Is there anything I could do? Rome 2 equals DeI to me, so there is no way I would ever play vanilla.

Thanks a lot in advance.

My rig: MSI-Z97 Gaming 7; Intel i7 4790k (running constantly at 4.40GHz); Geforce GTX 1080; 16GB RAM, 1TB Samsung Evo 850 SSD.
    The sure things is that some people having performance issues lately and others don't. So I guess it's not hardware related, but windows or app. What version of windows you're using ? any recent update from your end or general changes in your system ?

PS
    Make sure to disable Windows Gaming mode and clear your Rome 2 folder from bloat submods etc, after that redo step 6 from OP and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Haast View Post
    Thank you!

I am really impressed with your determination to keep helping out on this Thread, considering how many years have passed since you started.
    My pleasure Sir. Thanks for the kind words! I'll give you holler in case I have any news for your issue

The sure things is that some people having performance issues lately and others don't. So I guess it's not hardware related, but windows or app. What version of windows you're using ? any recent update from your end or general changes in your system ?

PS
    Make sure to disable Windows Gaming mode and clear your Rome 2 folder from bloat submods etc, after that redo step 6 from OP and let me know.
    Thank you for answering me, my friend!

Regarding your question: I'm running Windows 10 64 bits, and no, I didn't change anything that I can think of, except keeping my drivers/Windows updated. No hardware changes of any kind; no relevant software running in the background (only launchy; rivaturner; afterburner and displayCAL - they were also present last year).

I took your suggestion to heart and tried completely uninstalling the game using Revo Uninstaller. Deleted every trace of Rome 2; every temporary file; its AppData folder; every registry entry and so on. Then I installed the game again and put every setting as they were before. Well, that gave me a significant boost. From getting 15-25 fps running a 20x20 battle on DeI I jumped to 25-35. Still not ideal, but at least the game is playable again. While trying vanilla I got the same results as before: 50+ fps while zooming into the fray.

As suspected, the CPU is clearly bottlenecking on either case. My game is set to 4K with everything on ultra/extreme (except shadows and unit detail) and my GPU usage sits comfortably around 50%.

'Shadows' is set to 'very high' and 'unit detail' to 'high'. Setting unit detail to anything higher than 'high' completely destroys my fps while running DeI - the game drops to 10- fps instantly.

Well, that's my feedback. The game is actually playable as it is but it would be nice to have the same performance I was enjoying back then.

However, I frankly don't know what to try anymore.

Any suggestions are welcome folks!

Thank you for answering me, my friend!

Regarding your question: I'm running Windows 10 64 bits, and no, I didn't change anything that I can think of, except keeping my drivers/Windows updated. No hardware changes of any kind; no relevant software running in the background (only launchy; rivaturner; afterburner and displayCAL - they were also present last year).

I took your suggestion to heart and tried completely uninstalling the game using Revo Uninstaller. Deleted every trace of Rome 2; every temporary file; its AppData folder; every registry entry and so on. Then I installed the game again and put every setting as they were before. Well, that gave me a significant boost. From getting 15-25 fps running a 20x20 battle on DeI I jumped to 25-35. Still not ideal, but at least the game is playable again. While trying vanilla I got the same results as before: 50+ fps while zooming into the fray.

As suspected, the CPU is clearly bottlenecking on either case. My game is set to 4K with everything on ultra/extreme (except shadows and unit detail) and my GPU usage sits comfortably around 50%.

'Shadows' is set to 'very high' and 'unit detail' to 'high'. Setting unit detail to anything higher than 'high' completely destroys my fps while running DeI - the game drops to 10- fps instantly.

Well, that's my feedback. The game is actually playable as it is but it would be nice to have the same performance I was enjoying back then.

However, I frankly don't know what to try anymore.

Any suggestions are welcome folks!
    No problem buddy
    Well, I would suggest an immediate switch to 1440p or even 1080p as the game isn't really optimized for such resolutions and DEI is heavier than Vanilla Rome 2. You'll certainly see over 20fps increase by going back to 2K. Your CPU isn't the real problem though, it's just that Rome 2 is CPU heavy and uses unneeded resources. Other than that, make sure to follow 1st post's tips and report back to me for any further issues.

No problem buddy
    Well, I would suggest an immediate switch to 1440p or even 1080p as the game isn't really optimized for such resolutions and DEI is heavier than Vanilla Rome 2. You'll certainly see over 20fps increase by going back to 2K. Your CPU isn't the real problem though, it's just that Rome 2 is CPU heavy and uses unneeded resources. Other than that, make sure to follow 1st post's tips and report back to me for any further issues.
    Just tried going back to 1440p and 1080, but that didn't make any difference. Performance was exactly the same as while running the game at 4K.

I forgot to tell that last year I was also playing at 4K.

Should DeI be hampering my performance this much?

Just tried going back to 1440p and 1080, but that didn't make any difference. Performance was exactly the same as while running the game at 4K.

I forgot to tell that last year I was also playing at 4K.

Should DeI be hampering my performance this much?
    That's weird. You should have had much better fps on lower resolutions. Is your monitor Gsync by any chance ? are you using a native 4K monitor or you're upscaling a 1080p-2K one to 4K ?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 25, 2019 at 01:39 AM.

That's weird. You should have had much better fps on lower resolutions. Is your monitor Gsync by any chance ? are you using a native 4K monitor or you're upscaling a 1080p-2K one to 4K ?
    No, it is not Gsync. It is 1440p native and I'm upscaling to 4K. It's a Dell U2525H.

No, it is not Gsync. It is 1440p native and I'm upscaling to 4K. It's a Dell U2525H.
    Ok. Could you give me a pic of your Rome 2 ingame settings panel ?

Ok. Could you give me a pic of your Rome 2 ingame settings panel ?
    Sorry for taking so long.

Here it is:
    https://imgur.com/BCYpJv8
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 05, 2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Fixed link.

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Hi!,
    i'm played this game of the beggining... first whitout mods, and later i discover this mod and only play whit it. I change my pc tree times, my last change, few after 3 year ago... but now i have somthing lag on battles, someone have it some similiar specs? to find a better configuration of graphics, while I wait to change the pc again.
    SPECS:

AMD FX 8350 black edition at 4.4 ghz
    RAM 8 Gb DDR4 2400 Kingston x2 (16Gb)
    VIDEO XFX Radeon R9 270x dual

Thanks!

HP LAPTOP OMEN

Hi Greek Strategos, Since the latest DEI update (Jan 13) the turn times have increased threefold and it's just bogging the system specially after the last AI faction turn... I heard in the other thread more memory would help with loading times but it does seem the problem is more with added scripting in the last patch?

I have checked with resource monitor and the memory allocated never goes beyond 4Gb during the AI turn so not absolutely sure ramping up memory will help. Do you have any clue what could be causing this since the last DEI update?

Cheers

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
    8GB Samsung 2400MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 6,063 MB
    Screen 1920 x 1080 - 17''
    SSD 128 GB
    HD 1000 GB
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Sorry for taking so long.

Here it is:
    https://imgur.com/BCYpJv8
    Νο problem buddy. Well, you can try the App Data fix (once more) from the OP (step 6) and after that disable everything from the right panel, put your settings on High and start enabling-upping your settings one at a time, so you can check your FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by elementall View Post
    Hi!,
    i'm played this game of the beggining... first whitout mods, and later i discover this mod and only play whit it. I change my pc tree times, my last change, few after 3 year ago... but now i have somthing lag on battles, someone have it some similiar specs? to find a better configuration of graphics, while I wait to change the pc again.
    SPECS:

AMD FX 8350 black edition at 4.4 ghz
    RAM 8 Gb DDR4 2400 Kingston x2 (16Gb)
    VIDEO XFX Radeon R9 270x dual

Thanks!
    You can follow my advice (right above) for starters and the steps from the OP as well

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    HP LAPTOP OMEN

Hi Greek Strategos, Since the latest DEI update (Jan 13) the turn times have increased threefold and it's just bogging the system specially after the last AI faction turn... I heard in the other thread more memory would help with loading times but it does seem the problem is more with added scripting in the last patch?

I have checked with resource monitor and the memory allocated never goes beyond 4Gb during the AI turn so not absolutely sure ramping up memory will help. Do you have any clue what could be causing this since the last DEI update?

Cheers

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
    8GB Samsung 2400MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 6,063 MB
    Screen 1920 x 1080 - 17''
    SSD 128 GB
    HD 1000 GB
    Hey buddy, well I'll ask Dresden and Scipio if they have added more scripts in the latest version but I don't think that they did.
    Have you tried disabling and maybe re-enabling the ''follow the AI's movement'' setting ? you can also try the App Data fix from the OP's step 6 and let me know.

Hey buddy, well I'll ask Dresden and Scipio if they have added more scripts in the latest version but I don't think that they did.
    Have you tried disabling and maybe re-enabling the ''follow the AI's movement'' setting ? you can also try the App Data fix from the OP's step 6 and let me know.
    Thanks for the tips mate! I tried both and unfortunately I still get a total system hang up after the last AI faction turn. It just freezes and takes 1-2 minutes to complete and proceed to the next turn... very frustrating... I'm wondering if that is to do with carrying on the same campaign/save through several updates...
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Hi,i'll keep it short and simple cause im not very good at English. im looking to build a new pc, my old one broke, any affordable build that's work best on Rome 2 DEI ?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    Thanks for the tips mate! I tried both and unfortunately I still get a total system hang up after the last AI faction turn. It just freezes and takes 1-2 minutes to complete and proceed to the next turn... very frustrating... I'm wondering if that is to do with carrying on the same campaign/save through several updates...
    It's quite possible. Would you mind checking it with 2-3 new campaigns ? Having the latest updates and a clean installation of DEI (a clean Data folder would be nice too).

Quote Originally Posted by nhokon16 View Post
    Hi,i'll keep it short and simple cause im not very good at English. im looking to build a new pc, my old one broke, any affordable build that's work best on Rome 2 DEI ?
    Thank you!
    Hello, affordable is a quite subjective word, so I'll need a number. I'll also recommenced posting here, so I and other users could help you better.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 05, 2019 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Is there a way to remove abilities from certain units with the PFM via a separate submod?
    I'd rather not alter the Dei files directly
    Last edited by Nekyo; February 06, 2019 at 06:09 AM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Nekyo View Post
    Is there a way to remove abilities from certain units with the PFM via a separate submod?
    I'd rather not alter the Dei files directly
    Yes, Nekyo, that's exactly how you should do that. Just create a new pack with PFM, import into it those tables from the DeI pack that you want to modify, make your changes, save it and load it as a submod ahead of DeI in your mod manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Yes, Nekyo, that's exactly how you should do that. Just create a new pack with PFM, import into it those tables from the DeI pack that you want to modify, make your changes, save it and load it as a submod ahead of DeI in your mod manager.
    Problem is, I want to bring some units' stamina in line with comparable ones, e.g Rhodian light hoplites have poor stamina while others have at least good one or some even excellent.
    I could import the whole stamina table and make my edits, but then the whole thing will be incompatible should DEI make some changes in the future.
    So I was thinking, maybe someone knew a more elegant way around that.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You can make a table with changed lines only, so to reduce compatibility issues.
    No other way.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Nekyo View Post
    Problem is, I want to bring some units' stamina in line with comparable ones, e.g Rhodian light hoplites have poor stamina while others have at least good one or some even excellent.
    I could import the whole stamina table and make my edits, but then the whole thing will be incompatible should DEI make some changes in the future.
    So I was thinking, maybe someone knew a more elegant way around that.
    Well, that's basically how it is every time the update is released. Every time CA makes a patch, the modders need to check their mods for compatibility issues. That's the same for those who make the submods. Once the mod gets updated, the submods need to be checked.

Depending on what sort of changes you want to make you may either create your own tables with your custom entries, or you may overwrite the whole table with the same table but different entries.

In your case, given the kind of changes you want to make, you will have to overwrite whole tables and then update them with every patch.

There is no other way of doing it, as far as I'm concerned.