Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinis View Post
    Is there any way to eliminate the reputation penalty for declaring war on a trade partner? Trade Agreement is the only treaty type that does not relate to military action, and it always seemed odd to me that attacking someone you are trading with is considered a betrayal.
    It’s the simple and complex treachery tables. However, you are aware that large-scale trading with a fellow civilization was considered an influential and quite important factor in terms of ancient diplomacy, correct?
    Last edited by ScipioTheGreat; November 27, 2018 at 02:06 AM.

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    It’s the simple and complex treachery tables. However, you are aware that large-scale trading with a fellow civilization was considered an influential and quite important factor in terms of ancient diplomacy, correct?
    Sure, but so was giving gifts, receiving ambassadors and many other non-treaty actions. In most cases these were not guarantees against future aggression the same way a marriage or NAP/friendship treaty was.

I suppose what a "trade agreement" represents in TW is open to interpretation, but my point is that from a gameplay perspective a NAP is redundant if you already have a trade agreement (since the game treats attacking a trade partner as a betrayal).

Antioco III's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Satansblofish View Post
    Poor Carthage too, they're being dismantled all the time in my campaigns.

Anyway, since the Selecuids didn't always use to fall apart, especially back when their satrapies didn't rebel, I think we need to wait longer before making a verdict as the mod is going through a lot of changes right now. Plus, if you make a request on the sub mods sections for selecuids having a higher auto win %, maybe someone could make that for you.
    i dont think that would work. At least not for me since giving the seleucids a higher auto win % looks like a cheat and i dont know how it would work out in a campaign.. If anything i'd SUGGEST to make the eastern satrapies rebel later on, or at least give them a higher relation qith the seleucids. I mean, its ok for them to rebel, but maybe a bit later in the campaign would be better. Anyway, since KAM 2150 explained how hard it would be to change the seleucid status and why its like it is, im ok with it. Its a bitter thing to swallow, yet i ultimately think its acceptable considering the scope and good healh of the mod

Quote Originally Posted by Antioco III View Post
    i dont think that would work. At least not for me since giving the seleucids a higher auto win % looks like a cheat and i dont know how it would work out in a campaign.. If anything i'd SUGGEST to make the eastern satrapies rebel later on, or at least give them a higher relation qith the seleucids. I mean, its ok for them to rebel, but maybe a bit later in the campaign would be better. Anyway, since KAM 2150 explained how hard it would be to change the seleucid status and why its like it is, im ok with it. Its a bitter thing to swallow, yet i ultimately think its acceptable considering the scope and good healh of the mod
    With that view, Rome is cheating like crazy. I think we already know exactly how it would work out as it's just about the only way to guarantee the early empires don't fold every play through. Plus, the auto resolve % increase doesn't affect the player. I'm not sure anything bitter needs to be swallowed, there's potentially a simple submod fix. The only thing I'm not sure about is if you can raise individual factions or if its a category(i.e like major factions or something that would affect more than just Selecuids). Ideally, that would allow them more room to weather their satrapy rebellions and early conflicts without collapsing.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Satansblofish View Post
    With that view, Rome is cheating like crazy. I think we already know exactly how it would work out as it's just about the only way to guarantee the early empires don't fold every play through. Plus, the auto resolve % increase doesn't affect the player. I'm not sure anything bitter needs to be swallowed, there's potentially a simple submod fix. The only thing I'm not sure about is if you can raise individual factions or if its a category(i.e like major factions or something that would affect more than just Selecuids). Ideally, that would allow them more room to weather their satrapy rebellions and early conflicts without collapsing.
    If you want to think about it this way, Antioco, then basically you've got to assume that the whole engine is just a cheat as that's pretty much how it works.

Rome gets indeed a colossal bonus through the autoresolve script, but other factions - with Seleucids among them - get it, too. Though, nearly not as much as Rome does.

It's basically feasible to modify that script and adjust it to your own liking as one can easily define which factions are minor and which factions are major. Plus, one can just simply delcare what faction gets which bonus in certain conditions. You can make Seleucids loose decisively against Parthians and Romans, for example, while they will always win easily against all the other factions.

I'm currently working on a 'Hellenistic pack' that will include a couple of changes aimed at Hellenistic factions, with Seleucids being the main focus. The modified autoresolve script is actually one of the things I want to include in that pack.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; November 28, 2018 at 03:23 AM.

Antioco III's Avatar Libertus

I didnt realize that wouldnt affect the player too. Put as you said that is quite reasonable. And thats good news indeed if you are working on such a "hellenistic pack". Nice!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

I didnt realize that wouldnt affect the player too. Put as you said that is quite reasonable. And thats good news indeed if you are working on such a "hellenistic pack". Nice!
    Yes, as Satansblofish mentioned above, that's only autoresolve between AI-controlled factions and there are also some limitations to it, so there are certain conditions under which the script is not valid.

Ibutsu's Avatar Laetus

It took Rome 2 years of updates before it brought back the fond memories I had of the original as a child, but it wasn't until DEI that I finally felt once more submerged in history (or, a strategy game for that matter) as per Europa Barbarorum.

Is there a space to watch for details on DEI's future plans? Specfifically, what it plans to do with RoR and ED (since for now, disabling the mod for those campaigns is the only realistic option). As some slightly negative feedback, I found it hard to find a good overview of the present state of the mod, without trawling through old posts and inferring wildly. I feel like it'd go a long way to have an index of what's been done (ideally with links to the relevant preview-threads).

Keep up the great work.

Yes our plans for this year were to finish the mod off, polish it and then create a sort of overview/guide/wiki and stuff. But then they released 3 major updates with 2 new campaigns from entirely different time periods and shot our plans to dust

I don't know why you need to deactivate the mod to play those campaigns, though? It should run fine with all its systems, some of the rosters just arent overhauled.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Ibutsu's Avatar Laetus

Ah, that makes a lot of sense not sure if I should still be holding out for that increasingly unlikely take on Alexander now, then.

And I definitely spoke a bit strongly, and maybe it's a little improved since I saw it, but last I checked the state of the rosters was just too jarring to play.

Is this the right place to ask about a cross over for Kaziel's Romans marian and Imperial units to be compatible with DEI?

Most of Kaziel's assets have been part of DEI for a long time I think.

the polybian units yes, not the marian and imperial units.

still learning this forum, just figured out that I can reply to your reply instead of making a whole new post. so what I am after is the Kaziel's Romans 4.0 or reborn models. the polybian units are fine and are already included in DEI. I have 99% of the mod working and compatible with DEI just by prioritizing it before DEI. The only thing I don't have is Pilum in the Marian and Imperial units hands and the hasta spear in the early hastati and princepe hands. I have been searching for a long while on a fix for this or DEI compatible version, and have come up with nothing so I figured I would try out twcenter for the first time
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 14, 2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

you don't mean https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=202344001 then? Those marian and imperial models are already in the mod as far as I can see, although some might have been relegated out with some of the new models being used.
    Anyway if you use the pfm manager and compare the variantmeshdefinitions of roman units used in DEI to the ones used by Kaziel, you'll notice that the pilum for DEI is defined twice instead of once, you change that in Kaziel's mod and it won't have the invisible jav's anymore.

@Dardo21 Unless I am missing something or not understanding something, those definitely are not the units I get in my DEI game without mods. Thankyou so much, I am going to have to google how to do that but I really really appreciate the direction!

Hi DEI team,
    it is possible to make siege attrition like attila total war?

Hi fellas, 2 small questions:
    - when my soldiers climb and enemy wall with ladders, they don't get particularly tired. They arrive at the top still fresh. Have I been playing to much Warhammer TW? Because that doesn't seem right.
    - some units have both phalanx and disciplined formation. What is the benefit from phalanx? Disciplined formation seems to be better on all fronts.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

In Warhammer all units get auto tired after they have climbed the walls since in Warhammer all units get magical siege ladders.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

First time fighting Italic Nobles, not sure if they were introduced with the beta patch or what, but I think they're op as hell. 2 units of slingers unleashing full amo on their backs, not a scratch. Cycle charging 4/5 times, not a scratch. Their morale won't break either. A garrison with such a unit is kind of nuts. Or maybe I was doing something wrong.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

I'm playing as Odrysian Kingdom... how do I recruit supply ships? Don't I have access to them? If not, it's a big bummer... I think every faction should have access to it.