Page 27 of 378 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277127 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

1. the province that Nervii starts in (Germania Minor I think.) has 3 Celtic faction but a starting culture of something like 70-80% German, I know it's a border region but that seems excessive.

2. The AI's calculation on trade could use some work, It seems to me no good reason why two faction that doesn't have much conflict of interest don't trade, at current it seems that if your small no one wants to trade with you, but why would that be a factor? enriching you is no threat to them, I could see two large empires not willing to enrich each other but why should Rome care if some far away tribe gets a little richer? especially if it doesn't even border them. That AI factions very rarely trade with each other (especially over seas) is a huge advantage to the player and disadvantage to the AI IMHO.

(also, to stimulate AI trade, most civilized faction should know each other already off the bat, Selucids probably don't need to "discover" Carthage and Rome. for example. This gives the Civilized factions AI a bigger advantage but I think that's ok. because the AI for good reasons won't send out ships to open up the map like the players do.)

3. I'm not entirely sure how diplomacy can be modded, but I figure distance between the factions should matter, i.e if two factions border or could be reasonably reached by ship they probably would have different calculation then if say a faction that's on the other side of the map.
    Last edited by RollingWave; January 23, 2017 at 10:09 PM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Most often those 225 (or 300 in my case) units have much lower morale and die much faster then those smaller heavy units so 20% of losses on low morale unit will have much higher impact than 20% of 150. In case of falxes, they both have great number and great morale but die like flies to ranged units and cavalry, although I think falxes are a bit too strong now.

And no, 1v1 is not a test or realism, rather a contradiction of it as duels did not happen between units on regular basis but engagements of different formations. You can take a car and declare it the best car on the planet because it beats all other cars in a drag race but you don't take into account how it will fare in a race where there are many turns, in which, in fact it can turn to best worst of all cars in the race. The same goes for 1v1 tests.
    Let falxes just how they are now. It's perfect. BTW, some more disorganized formations for barbarians would be a nice addition. They maintain too disciplined formations .....and was not the case unless high tier units.

I just noticed something and have some feedback regarding client states diplomacy.
    Illiybian confedency (however u spell it) have 3 citys and around 3 full stacks and a navy have just offered in exchange for 9000 for them to become a client state of ROME.

Also i have noticed that other tiny factions want to become client states just for trade agreement.
    I have even manage to get a African faction to become a client state for trade agreement and they give me 1500.

You may want to look into this.

It migth have already been saked, but did you plan to work a bit on naval battle? I know it is buggy as an alpha stage bethesda game in vanilla already so it must be hard to do something enjoyable. As of now, troop in transport ship still butcher marines in boarding action, and ramming work only when the god of collision want apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Who are you to judge what types of units or battle style that we prefer? May I remind you that several of us are not Hellenic fan boys as Tenerife_Boy Though we are most likely going to introduce formations and other stuff. But let us finish the release of 1.2 first There will be a 1.3
    What? wut?wet? eeehm Who do you think you are to even mention my name? ¬¬

On the other hand...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just want to say that, despite not touching Rome 2 in a long time (Preferred Attila actually, with Dresden's fantastic work with FOTE), having come back ..

The "Year in History" pop ups are probably one of my, if not THE, favorite things about this mod. I don't remember it being there in the early editions of DEI (back when Rome 2 was the latest TW game was the last time I played, and even then, earlier in Rome 2's existence) but I absolutely LOVE hitting end-turn and getting an awesome history lesson on what the actual world was like at the time.

I almost don't want to start a new campaign because I want to keep seeing more new historical updates!

Thanks so much for your work guys .. this is the first time I've been engrossed by Total War since the good ol' days of Medieval 2 with Stainless Steel. I've spent the last week playing nothing but Rome 2 DEI

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by nunz View Post
    Just want to say that, despite not touching Rome 2 in a long time (Preferred Attila actually, with Dresden's fantastic work with FOTE), having come back ..

The "Year in History" pop ups are probably one of my, if not THE, favorite things about this mod. I don't remember it being there in the early editions of DEI (back when Rome 2 was the latest TW game was the last time I played, and even then, earlier in Rome 2's existence) but I absolutely LOVE hitting end-turn and getting an awesome history lesson on what the actual world was like at the time.

I almost don't want to start a new campaign because I want to keep seeing more new historical updates!

Thanks so much for your work guys .. this is the first time I've been engrossed by Total War since the good ol' days of Medieval 2 with Stainless Steel. I've spent the last week playing nothing but Rome 2 DEI
    I have to second this, as a history buff i'm still amazed at the details put into that
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Tried Epirus and was having a good campaign, until the Romans showed up with a stack full of triarii and elite equites against my like six battered pikemen but that's not what I'm giving feedback on. What I like about Epirus is how Pyrrhus starts out at a high political rank, so you get lots of income + PO bonuses from the start by moving him around. Can we have other factions start with their leaders at an already high rank? I think that would make smaller factions more tolerable (like Colchis, for instance) and just adds to the immersion factor, giving you the feeling that the faction you are playing already existed before you started playing, et cetera.

I know there's been some talk about fixing the Sack > Loot or Sack > Raze mechanic, but I think the flipside of this is that Sack is really not that desirable of an action in its own right. Looting will get you between 12-15k, while Sack only gets you 2-3k. Liberating gets you 2k. Even if you have no interesting in holding the settlement Sack usually isn't your best choice.

Laetus

Hi Dei team, can you make and add building & tech pictures? Something like AOIM improved pictures?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Riomarek View Post
    Hi Dei team, can you make and add building & tech pictures? Something like AOIM improved pictures?
    No. Not as a part of the mod, though it could become a submod. Currently we have no plans of this and actually like how the vanilla icons look. Besides we have to make sure that the mod stay as broad as possible considering our large fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by kollr View Post
    It migth have already been saked, but did you plan to work a bit on naval battle? I know it is buggy as an alpha stage bethesda game in vanilla already so it must be hard to do something enjoyable. As of now, troop in transport ship still butcher marines in boarding action, and ramming work only when the god of collision want apparently.
    We already overhauled navies in 1.1. Navies should easily beat troop transports in battle and are designed that way. At least they always have before - in fact people have complained about how navies can take out armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris8472 View Post
    I know there's been some talk about fixing the Sack > Loot or Sack > Raze mechanic, but I think the flipside of this is that Sack is really not that desirable of an action in its own right. Looting will get you between 12-15k, while Sack only gets you 2-3k. Liberating gets you 2k. Even if you have no interesting in holding the settlement Sack usually isn't your best choice.
    Maybe sack could use an income buff, but the idea is that it destabilizes the area a bit and you don't have to worry about owning it. But now with liberate its probably not a great option I agree. Also loot probably gives too much right now.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We already overhauled navies in 1.1. Navies should easily beat troop transports in battle and are designed that way. At least they always have before - in fact people have complained about how navies can take out armies.

Maybe sack could use an income buff, but the idea is that it destabilizes the area a bit and you don't have to worry about owning it. But now with liberate its probably not a great option I agree. Also loot probably gives too much right now.
    It gives not too much I think, If it is a big city, sometimes money from looting are just enough to rebuild it, if it will be no extra from looting, then there is no point to loot it at all.

saneel's Avatar Senator

Diplomacy is a little bit too hard. Everyone hates you, because you are expansionist, even if you took only 3 settlements,... In my macedon campaing, selucids are loosing badly against everyone, and I attacked rhodos and ptolemaoi, but selucid still hates me, dont even accept trade aggrement with me, even if we have common enemies and they are loosing badly on all fronts. There is very few alliances, especially between smaller faction who are facing Rome - its steam rolling across the map, beats every barbarian tribe, is at war against 10 different factions, but they still dont unite againts Romans. I dont know if you can fix that AI behaviour, but that is my observation from my campaing.

Rome can be hit or miss in 1.2.

I've seen it crumble in 60 turns (playing as Athens and watching from afar) and I've also seen it capture all of Italy and Sicily within 50 turns. It all depends on how aggressive Epeirus is at the start, and whether Syracuse is busy with Carthage or not. For some reason, I seen a campaign where Syracuse and Carthage didn't go to war until ~Turn 25. Usually, they're at war within the first 3 turns. Syracuse actually took that small city to the north of their capital from Rome and allied with Epeiros.

I like the variations. Some campaigns Rome will be a steamrolling monster (most likely scenario, and historically accurate) and others they will be contained or even crushed under the pressure of multiple allied nations. It's awesome to not know what will happen with every new campaign

Hi, just wondering if newer releases will be available for Emperor Edition or if I need to use .96 or buy an older version.

I had a weird situation with loot mechanic. I was at war with 2 factions so I had no time to focus on already conquered regions in this war, and rebels took over one of my cities, additionaly, a port city of one of my enemies kept sending his small last stack to take over one of my cities whenever I left it. I simply took back the cities the next turn and looted them, but the public order penalty caused another rebellion and I think I looted these cities so much I didn't have to worry about money again, I had like 60k and it was early in the game, turn 30-40. And I didn't even do this on purpose, just figured that looting is the best option each time because it lets me get more troops and more mercenaries and continue war. Looting makes rebellions a positive thing. You will probably call me a cheater though

Basically the way looting works, when you loot > rebelliong breaks out > loot > rebellion breaks out > loot... Infinite money. Just pointing out that it's possible. Another thing I remember is that many times AI has a full stack, but their stack is almost dead due to low regional supply, making them easy target. I know it has to do with AI not disbanding troops. Probably you know about this problem.
    As for request, my only request would be adding a shrine that is useful both for horse archer and shock cavalry for nomadic factions, because I like to play nomads with shock cavalry. Right now shrine gives % shots per minute, I remember that in 1.1 it gave cavalry troops experience, which benefitted both kinds of troops. Interesting to see, did you change it because you didn't want too much experience stacking? Maybe I'm the only person to look on these details, but they interest me, I like to have the best troops possible.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 23, 2022 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Double post.

Berserk

I dont know its just maybe me but i think units going berserk too soo, elephants are completely useless, as soon as they they charge into enemy ranks they are going berserk and trample enyone even they allies

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I'm thinking maybe the 'cultural differences' public order hit is a bit too much. I'm playing as Rome in CiG on Hard and I've taken the first settlement, Octivurodon or whatever, and I'm having to beat down a rebellion every turn because of the negative public order. My one legion has ranked up three times and by the looks of it I'm going to have to spend like 25 turns stabilising this one city, which is pretty tedious when I have very little income this early on. I've built a temple and tried putting the army in patrol but the effect has been minimal. If possible limiting the amount of subsequent rebellions would be nice too, as it doesn't make much sense for any rebels to launch a rebellion every season after being defeated every time.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

i think that the weight classification should be changed to better represent unit armament or, delete the classification altogether! just like Ancient Empires sub mod for DEI 1.1 did, i hope you look into it.