Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nilte View Post
    Regarding battles, how is it so that when I face armies with alot of hoplites they just simply walk through my lines taking 0 losses and my units loose something between 50 - 150 soldiers per unit? then my lines break. I do know that this is a bug from the original game, but beeing forced to auto resolve battles I usually want to play because I cant win them when the AI does this and I have no clue to counter it even though I try to micro manage my units so the Ai doesnt do this is pretty boring. so If someone has some advice please share.
    This is actually a major annoyance in battles vs phalanxes. I just lost a town defense manually although I would have won it easily by auto-resolve because the AI just pulled their hoplites through my lines, making my flanking force obsolete. Since the battle was a town defense it seemed the AI really wanted to get towards the town square, could be one reason for their pull-through. It is also noticeable when you charge in the back of an enemy phalanx, they then start to move forward some distance, regardless of what units are in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yes, that behaviour is bugged due to engine issues and it only happends in phalanx vs phalanx combat. Sometimes it does not happen, sometimes it happens in every engagement.
    From my observations it can happen in any engagement.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Showdown View Post
    From my observations it can happen in any engagement.
    Well, our testers and users could assure you that 99% of the time it happens only (as KAM said) when phalanx meet's phalanx. To be honest, I haven't seen it after our latest releases (haven't played much thought).
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 13, 2019 at 03:20 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I still see it all the time for phalanx vs phalanx ;P I have small idea for a workaround but it will only slightly improve it but not fix it
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I still see it all the time for phalanx vs phalanx ;P I have small idea for a workaround but it will only slightly improve it but not fix it
    I put my trust in you buddy. Any improvement would be nice

Here is a screenshot of the AI doing it against some spear infantry.

And here is a video of a back charge. The phalanx casually strolls forward into the spear infantry and then turns around. It seems like the AI chooses the back chargers as a new target and thus moves around. I think this is not the same issue as the pull-throughs though, since the soldiers are just walking instead of pushing. Maybe I can also capture a video of that eventually.

https://gfycat.com/VeneratedBogusGraysquirrel

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes, that is also engine thing, nothing we can do about it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

So when are you guys making your own game?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Hey guys,

A quick technical question. Is using the Winmerge programme on the new and the old version of DeI a viable way of updating a submod once the new version of DeI is released? Or is there some other way you would recommend instead?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Shouldn't the Galatians gov't type be 'tribal confederacy'? Their tetrarch government is more conducive to that government type and they historically were referred to as a confederacy and not a kingdom/chiefdom. Indeed, they didn't even have 'kings' until they were under the yoke of Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Hey guys,

A quick technical question. Is using the Winmerge programme on the new and the old version of DeI a viable way of updating a submod once the new version of DeI is released? Or is there some other way you would recommend instead?
    The best way is to look at the fix pack we used and see what tables were edited and compare them to yours. So here is the fix pack from the update - http://www.mediafire.com/file/rv5qv6...124a.pack/file
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Shouldn't the Galatians gov't type be 'tribal confederacy'? Their tetrarch government is more conducive to that government type and they historically were referred to as a confederacy and not a kingdom/chiefdom. Indeed, they didn't even have 'kings' until they were under the yoke of Rome.
    Possibly, its hard to classify.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hello!
    May be a fool question). Will there be a parthian reskin in future? The reason is parthian cataphracts are a little bit dull (compared with new armenians, for example). Simple grey or bronze (instead of bright grivpanbar in EB2 for example).
    Or even make them more colorful?
    http://i.hizliresim.com/p9EMlo.jpg

You will find a way,master KAM.
    Its your mission for 2019.
    We all believe in you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Showdown View Post
    So when are you guys making your own game?
    Ιf you have the funds then pretty soon

Hey guys,

haha I used Winmerge back in the day for Paradox games. Pretty handy tool indeed
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 15, 2019 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

CAI does not form any alliances except with liberated states. Qart too busy fighting tribals to protect Sicily/Sardinia. Keep getting paid for trade agreements. Basically a lot of CAI aspects need working that did during 123 and prior patches.
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    CAI does not form any alliances except with liberated states. Qart too busy fighting tribals to protect Sicily/Sardinia. Keep getting paid for trade agreements. Basically a lot of CAI aspects need working that did during 123 and prior patches.
    Thank you for repeating this a second time Aerial, but nonetheless, most of this stuff hasn’t been altered in the recent patches. Also, I will repeat what I stated earlier that you are using mods that conflict with the CAI system as well as several other base tables. We will continue to monitor the feedback of the CAI stuff though

could Dei team remake seleucid family tree like vanilla ones?

like this [vanilla]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2019-01-16 12-47-42-422.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	778.7 KB 
ID:	356857

but dei mod's family tree was outdated like this

Name:	bandicam 2019-01-16 12-52-55-888.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	701.6 KB 
ID:	356858
    Last edited by servent9; January 15, 2019 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    could Dei team remake seleucid family tree like vanilla ones?

like this [vanilla]

Name:	bandicam 2019-01-16 12-47-42-422.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	778.7 KB 
ID:	356857

but dei mod's family tree was outdated like this

Name:	bandicam 2019-01-16 12-52-55-888.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	701.6 KB 
ID:	356858
    Implementing this feature would require redoing the whole startpos file, so as far as I know, that's not an option at this moment.

Implementing this feature would require redoing the whole startpos file, so as far as I know, that's not an option at this moment.
    i hope Dei team can do this someday. [or soon]

so for now, should i think Antiochos II as an relative? like a nephew of Antiochos I weep..

Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    i hope Dei team can do this someday. [or soon]

so for now, should i think Antiochos II as an relative? like a nephew of Antiochos I weep..
    Ohhh..., you can just adopt him as your son as soon as he's spawned into your family. So in fact that's just a minor inconvenience as you can still build up your families in a pretty historical manner.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

A question/critique - since the recent beta now implemented, the stats have been changed a lot. Now, although they work well, I've noticed that due to the Attack/Damage figures being relatively low ( single digits in many cases ), the percentage improvement delivered by the Blacksmith ( Lvl 1 wpns ) has almost zero effect.

On the other hand, the Shieldmaker ( Lvl 1 armour ) has a good visible effect on the numbers. Eg.
    General : armour 74 changes to 77
    Massilian Hoplites : 53 to 55
    Iphikratous Peltasts : 28 to 29.
    Ligoures Epikouroi : 22 to 22
    Only the last unit has an armour value low enough not to register the upgrade.

With weapons, out of the above units, only the General with a Melee Attack of 8 got any benefit, moving to 9. All other stats on all other units were unchanged.

So, my question - would it be possible to change the effect of the different Weapons upgrades to be a scripted +1 per building level, so that all units get the small benefit ? With the new stats, +1 is a good upgrade
    Obviously, I don't know if it's even possible to alter the way it works, but as it stands, only nations whose troops have Melee attack generally above 8 appear to get much benefit from the Blacksmith line.