Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Support] 1.2 Bug Reports

Ya its a bit weird. No biggy. I just disbanded the General. Maybe it got messed up when I activated patrol mode w/just the general in it or perhaps he was too close to Rome?

I'll be more alert as to where I'm implementing it. I'm still messing around with the campaign mechanics and am unfamiliar with the UI so I'm bound to run into funny things like this or just stuff I don't understand. Watching tons of edu vids, but they're all for 1.2.8 (I assume 1.3 and that are very close though).

Thanks for the discord tip. Will try an find the link

Cheers

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Patrol stance requires minimum of 3 units to activate. Sometimes somehow game lets you go into it with just general and then does not let you to turn it off unless you recruit something like mercs or move units to him from other general.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Foederatus

This has happened to me as well. I'm not sure, but I think that what happens is a "vestigial" effect from vanilla Forced March (which I believe Patrol is based upon). I've noticed that it only happens when I have spent all my movement points and then turn on Patrol stance. The game then locks the stance, as a way for CA to ensure that players didn't abuse Forced March. The wanted the player to be vulnerable when using it, not being able to switch to a stance where you don't get auto-ambushed (which includes switching to recruit stance).
    It infuriated me too at first when it happened, but now I know that it only happens with fully depleted movement points. I haven't made any tests, but I actually think that it always happens when you use all movement. You just don't notice it because you rarely want to turn it off again at the end of your turn.
    Next turn try and see if the Patrol stand locks when you have depleted your movement points. And any way, it always opens up the next turn.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see that it was your general without units, so don't know if my answer applies.
    Last edited by Ekoten; February 21, 2022 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    The crash is probably caused by running an old version of expansion limiter. It should be fixed now. Try updating it and report if it still happens.

Edit: Your savegame runs fine for me.

Did you run the expansion limiter since the beginning of the campaign, or turn it on during it?
    Yep, that fixed it for me! Thanks for the help!

I've run the mod since the beginning. Haven't changed any submods mid game. Kudos to you submod!

Hey, found a little visual bug in the 1.3 update. Tiwaz Drutiz from Sweboz are missing their weapons.

The calculation of political influence seems to be off as Rome, in 1.3.

Recruiting a politician from the governing family, that should have given me -7 senators did just that in raw numbers - but the percentage ratio wasn't recalculated and the balance in the senete thus didn't shift.
    And the next turn those 7 senators (+1 more) was back on my side.
    So the imbalance in political influence seem to have gotten even worse then before - at least in this regard - unfortunetly.

No textures in battle. - Hoplitai Erythras Thallasses (Mercenary Red Sea Hoplites) - 1.3 update
    Last edited by Mietek88; February 26, 2022 at 02:53 PM.

Persistent bug in all campaigns, since several versions of DEI, even got his own post a while ago

Spartan Pop tanks after a building is finished or random techs are finished.

The only way to counter this is to maintain mustering the pops you want to preserve (1st or 2nd class) or you will get 0 eventually

New players dont notice it because only happens after finishing buildings or techs

Couldn't find the solution anywhere, but after a public release of 1.3.0., all of my Roman generals have lost their special abilities, they all have now the defualt rally, inspire, and in addition, the improved inspire.

Hi I would like to submit a bug report for 1.3, apologies if this is not the correct channel.

I am playing Galatia. With the default barrack at Ancyra I am able to recruit tier 1 missle cavalry, but after the barrack is updated too tier 2 I am not able to recruit any calvary, despite the description saying it is enabled.

Recently returned to some R2/DeI.

In my campaign, I dont have unique buildings? Any idea why?

So I got back into some DeI/R2.
    Stumbled across this guide: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ide&p=16064600

If you look at the guide, here is his Hellas:

& then, in my game this is my Hellas:

Any idea why i don't have that white building in Sparta (zeus icon) and the unique port in Athens?

Also there's various other unqiue buildings ive seen in streams/videos/this guides screenshots that i just dont have in my campaign/can't build them if I own the settlement. Is it a submod? is it an issue with my DeI install?

Update: Issue was Ultimate twelve turns per year submod on the workshop, works fine now can see the unique building in sparta when starting a spartan campaign to test.

Also tried with and without dresdens official 12tpy submod and also works fine.
    Last edited by zala; February 27, 2022 at 09:53 AM.

I was just continuing my Rome campaign yesterday when i noticed that my income changed drastically. I went from 30K on minimum taxes to NEGATIVE 65k since the update. The empire maintenance went from 45% to 155%.

Is it a bug ? I always made sure that my generals had all the traits to reduce empire maintenance and I am at turn 310.

I mean it says it is save compatible but if reworking the traits made sure to sabotage our empire maintenance it kinda defeats the purpose of ''save compatible''.

Does it mean I will have to start a new campaign ? Or another patch is coming ? I'm not looking forward to face off Carthage again haha

Love this MOD btw ! the best in all the republics !!
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; February 27, 2022 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Unreadable.

Playing 1.3 release, DeI
    (plus some graphics mods [Orbis Terra, Orbia Aqua, HD City], a music mod, and skip intro videos).
    As Epirus:
    the Thoreos units (Thoreos Spears, Thoreos Swords, Thoreos Cav) are available from turn 1.

Patrician

That is a special feature of Epirus, while they dont get much stuff in the late game, their thureos reform is unlocked right away.

New to the forum, evening everyone!

This is for version 1.3, without any other mods in use.

I noticed something odd about the stats and recruitment/upkeep cost with certain units.

1. Italic Levies and Rorarii have almost identical stats, but the levy unit costs 75 denarii more.

2. Italic Levies are weaker in almost every category to Sicilian Levies, but cost 75 denarii more.

3. Rorarii and Sicilian Levies have identical cost, but wildly differing stats.

Here is a picture about the units in question:

(Sorry about the large picture, I tried to edit it a bit to make it easier to understand.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fukurou View Post
    2. Italic Levies are weaker in almost every category to Sicilian Levies, but cost 75 denarii more.
    I reported the same thing a few weeks ago, and one of the devs responded that the unit costs are harmonized via a spreadsheet and should be the way they are. There might be unseen stats, like formation effects, that give the italian levies a benefit, which we do not see on the campaign map but which the devs know about because they test this stuff extensively. Or the italian levies have an extra ability in battle. I'm not sure. Maybe it's just to make italian units more expensive to represent the wealth of italy or something.
    As for levies vs. Rorarii, levies might be supposed to be more expensive because levies are a bit like mercs in that they can be recruited more widely and without core barracks.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; March 02, 2022 at 05:22 AM.

Thank you for answering, I tried to search if someone already asked this, but I couldn't get the search to work properly, I need to practice that a bit.

There might be unseen stats, like formation effects, that give the italian levies a benefit
    What do you mean by "Formation effect"? Like a unit "mass" or such? Can you give me an example?

levies are a bit like mercs in that they can be recruited more widely and without core barracks.
    Aren't rorarii also like this for Romans? These are the units available to Romans on a fresh Grand Campaign, in Magna Graecia, with barracks dismantled;

Levies, Rorarii, and Camillan skirmishers.

Patrician

I think their stats are somehow switched. I run calc in excel and Sicilian Levies should have 610 cost while Italian Levies should have 535.

Thank you KAM! That was my original thought as well.

Hi there, I think I found a bug/oversight: mild winter is worse than winter. Here are two screenshots from two regions in the same turn. One is experiencing mild winter and the other just winter.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2773086901

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2773086876
    Last edited by evanater2013; March 04, 2022 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Trying to upload the screenshots. I'm following the instructions and it's not working. Just going to post the links.