Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Hail DeI team,

After latest update, I have following problem:
    Playing as Rome, year 225 BC, turn 216
    Mods: DeI 1 to 10 v. 1.2.3, No PO garrison negative, 4 TPY Build/Research/Costs, Reduced Units Costs/Upkeep.
    Problem: game does not allow autoresolve battles (land and/or sea), it just throws me out of the dame to desktop…
    Is this a bug or what you suggest?
    Great job anyway, tks

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by robothawk View Post
    Well seeing as having the summer PO bonus, a 20 stack patrolling, and a +4 PO building still results in -9 PO per turn, I can't play that campaign.
    We'll check that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDutchMan View Post
    Hey,

I'm experiencing crashes at startup of a new campaign with Rome (haven't tried other factions).
    After much trouble I've finally got DeI to work up until I try to start a campaign. Clean install, so no conflicting mods.
    I'm using the ancestral beta (and fix) and part 1 and 2 of DeI.
    Hi, welcome to the Forums.
    Feel free to click on my sig and give me a full report, hardware etc

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorAdrian View Post
    Hail DeI team,

After latest update, I have following problem:
    Playing as Rome, year 225 BC, turn 216
    Mods: DeI 1 to 10 v. 1.2.3, No PO garrison negative, 4 TPY Build/Research/Costs, Reduced Units Costs/Upkeep.
    Problem: game does not allow autoresolve battles (land and/or sea), it just throws me out of the dame to desktop…
    Is this a bug or what you suggest?
    Great job anyway, tks
    Hi, welcome to the Forums.
    It's certainly a bug. Could you please click on my sig and try step 6 from the opening post?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 22, 2018 at 01:55 PM.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Hey guys,

Just giving you heads up. Normally, Greeks get +6 sanitaiton from tech "water sluicing". When you play as Syracuse, this tech is swapped by "Arhcimedes' screw" which is better than "water sluing" as it lowers port construction cost. However, it does not give the sanitation bonus as other civs get, making sanitation a problem early on. Its probably a bug since you forgot to update this particulat tech while incorporating sanitation in GC, so I report it

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    Hey guys,

Just giving you heads up. Normally, Greeks get +6 sanitaiton from tech "water sluicing". When you play as Syracuse, this tech is swapped by "Arhcimedes' screw" which is better than "water sluing" as it lowers port construction cost. However, it does not give the sanitation bonus as other civs get, making sanitation a problem early on. Its probably a bug since you forgot to update this particulat tech while incorporating sanitation in GC, so I report it

Cheers!
    Ιt's possible. Thanks for your report.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Ιt's possible. Thanks for your report.
    no problem mate

Centenarius

Ok, I'll just list it as a bug so it gets on the developer's forum list.

Egyptian Cretan Archer unit isn't using the appropriate 3D unit model. It is using the standard Cretan Archer 3D model, not the NeoCretan (Egyptian Cretan Archer) 3D model as shown in the latest Ptolemaic Faction Preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Ok, I'll just list it as a bug so it gets on the developer's forum list.

Egyptian Cretan Archer unit isn't using the appropriate 3D unit model. It is using the standard Cretan Archer 3D model, not the NeoCretan (Egyptian Cretan Archer) 3D model as shown in the latest Ptolemaic Faction Preview.
    They are using the correct variantmeshdefinition, it's just that it doesn't differ much from the regular cretan archers, so I'm guessing the look was changed since the preview, many units were changed since their overhauls.

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    They are using the correct variantmeshdefinition, it's just that it doesn't differ much from the regular cretan archers, so I'm guessing the look was changed since the preview, many units were changed since their overhauls.
    Dardo, take a look at the Bactrian Cretan Settlers, they use the NeoCretan 3D model. I think the Egyptian Cretan Archers should be using this one as well. You can tell because on the newer NeoCretan model the bugged shields on their backs were removed.

Update:

BTW, how can I assign the Bactrian Cretan Settlers variantmeshdefinition to the Egyptian Cretan Archer unit so I can test it?
    Last edited by Fluke; July 22, 2018 at 06:08 PM.

Dardo, take a look at the Bactrian Cretan Settlers, they use the NeoCretan 3D model. I think the Egyptian Cretan Archers should be using this one as well. You can tell because on the newer NeoCretan model the bugged shields on their backs were removed.

Update:

BTW, how can I assign the Bactrian Cretan Settlers variantmeshdefinition to the Egyptian Cretan Archer unit so I can test it?
    You'll need to use :
    Pack file manager (I assume you already have this)
    Notepad ++ (free)

Do you know what you'll need to edit ?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 22, 2018 at 06:25 PM.

Centenarius

You'll need to use :
    Pack file manager (I assume you already have this)
    Notepad ++ (free)

Do you know what you'll need to edit ?
    Yeah I got those first two down, I just need to know where to look to make the change.

Yeah I got those first two down, I just need to know where to look to make the change.
    You'll need to find variants.pack, variantmeshdefinitions, load the two related variants in a new pack and swap the assets you like to change.

Centenarius

You'll need to find variants.pack, variantmeshdefinitions, load the two related variants in a new pack and swap the assets you like to change.
    I figured it out. The key step for me was opening the data field of the variantmeshdefinition of the particular unit as text and copying and pasting over it while in the PFM. Got it working and confirmed that both the description and variantmesh of the Egyptian Cretan Archer was that of the normal bugged Cretan Archer.

BTW, this would also be a quick and easy fix for the normal Cretan Archer. Just assign the Bactrian Cretan Settler variantmeshdefinition to it.

I figured it out. The key step for me was opening the data field of the variantmeshdefinition of the particular unit as text and copying and pasting over it while in the PFM. Got it working and confirmed that both the description and variantmesh of the Egyptian Cretan Archer was that of the normal bugged Cretan Archer.

BTW, this would also be a quick and easy fix for the normal Cretan Archer. Just assign the Bactrian Cretan Settler variantmeshdefinition to it.
    I summon @Don_Diego to take a note about it. Thanks again for your report.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As the pic above 'Province Development Points' isn't updated even I already used them.

Hi, I tried step 6 exactly as described, but it didn't work.
    Starting a new game no problem, so I started a new game.
    Tnks anyway, keep on.

Can take a look at cretan archers again. Just careful to mention that name as Ivan will then write a whole essay on cretan archers!

Whats the issue? Remove the shields on their back?

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Can take a look at cretan archers again. Just careful to mention that name as Ivan will then write a whole essay on cretan archers!

Whats the issue? Remove the shields on their back?
    Don_Diego, there are three models for the different uses of Cretan Archers. One of these models is bugged. Here is a run down of what's going on.

* Normal Cretan Archers (Merc, AOR & the organic ones that Crete can recruit): This model is bugged. Some of the shields on their backs aren't finished. The inside surface of the shield has no texture (blank white) and no attachment mechanism to the back.

* Egyptian NeoCretan Archers: These are bugged because they are using the normal Cretan Archer model. They should be using the NeoCretan model from the Ptolemaic faction preview.

* Bactrian Cretan Settlers: These are fine and use the new NeoCretan model from the Ptolemaic faction preview.

* Roman Aux Cretan Archers: These are fine and use the Roman Aux Cretan Archer model.

Two possible solutions:

1) fix the normal Cretan Archer model

2) or use the NeoCretan model for all Cretan Archer uses except for the Romans

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Comment that I first wrote isn't showing any pic. So I write it again. Anyway, same question as upper comment; province development points aren't changed even after I already used them.

Great mod, great team, you guys rock, this makes the game much more enjoyable. I can't get enough, seriously.

Only problem I've run into is with sabotaging an army, should disable its ability to reinforce settlement and allied army alike, however that is not the case in my game.

Using latest DEI ancestral, GBJ blood mod, Rome Music, AAA Generals. Screenshots attached. Thanks guys!

Attachment 354320
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180723183247_1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	700.9 KB 
ID:	354322

In the Empire of Divided, the Aurelian faction needed to build a Temple of Sol Invictus to achieve a cultural victory, but DEI deleted the temple. Sorry for the bad English.