Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED FEB 6

Great job on 1.2...I downloaded the steam version earlier thinking I was playing 1.2. LoL this is a vast improvement..GREAT JOB! Unit replenishment could use some tweaking though!
    Last edited by airborne guy; February 12, 2017 at 11:23 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Unit replenishment is in the right place you can need to know how to manage it. When you press ctrl + m, it will merge few % of wounded troops, the more you press it, the more you merge. That way you end up with only one or two units to replenish and if theyir numbers are very low, you just disband them and recruit new ones. Also patrol and fort stance increase your replenishment.

Fastest replenishment is done via stationing your army in the city for a cost of decreased PO.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

KAM, when are you going to release another update?

Patrician

Not soon, as I don't have free time to mod currently pkus I am working with Dresden on Hellenic overhaul.

Something I noticed but may not be modable…
    During my Seleucid Campaign, twice I was crushing a small AI country, with allies assisting. Both surrendered to become Satrapies by their own asking. Great work!
    The problem is both times I accepted the status requested but both led to new wars. Both times my allies attacked my new satrapy the next turn. It seems that the armies had attack orders even though peace was declared the same turn, which led me to defend my new vassals and lose my military ally. Is there a way to cancel current orders when peace is declared, not of their choosing? I hope I have been clear in this post.
    These allies were being great allies and I’m sure they didn’t want to go to war with me but they didn’t cancel the current orders to their respective armies. Both offered peace the next turn but now they owned territory that belong to my satrapy and/or a town that belonged to me. I wanted to keep those allies on my northern border.
    Now my relationships are strained because every satrap that followed me in protecting the new statrapy, went to war with my previous ally and then peace was declaredagain. This strains my current diplomacy, with negatives to my previous allies and my current satrapies upset that I went to war and then declared peace in the same turn. Thanks team, I see great improvements!

P.S. If you need assistance with Historical research on Hellenic overall, please let me know. It's what I do in my free time anyway.

The yearly message of 251 bc says "this Marcuss the end..." although I find this rather 'punny' :p, I think it's supposed to be marks.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED FEB 15

Updated 1.2.09b February 15
    Updated Part 1 Only
    All updates save compatible
    To update, simply download part 1 again and overwrite it in your Rome 2 data directory

Balancing/Changes
    - Reduced AI diplomacy likeliness to declare war settings.
    - Changed threshholds for friendly and very friendly back to vanilla values.
    - Increased cultural multipliers back to previous levels for diplomacy (should be friendlier with similar cultures)
    - Increased reliability values assigned to the different reliability ranks, most factions should be more reliable in diplomacy.
    - Added some updated unit cards.
    - Small increase to spies/champions amount at higher imperium levels.
    - Changed "initial challenge" at faction selection to "recommended difficulty" for factions.
    - Small reduction to walls/towers hitpoint values.
    - Added Roman cheekguard changes (now closed rather than open) - thanks to Glado!

Smaller Fixes
    - Fixed a crash issue at max imperium in CiG.
    - Fixed rank depth for Atropatkan elite cav unit.
    - Fixed tier 4 hellenic sanitation PO effect being too low.
    - Fixed wrong/missing recruitment settings for 2 british units.
    - Fixed some auxiliary units not being properly assigned to aux unit sets.
    - Fixed morale settings for high unit casualties and another incorrect entry.
    - Fixed mauryan greek hoplites missing phalanx ability.
    - Fixed AOR indo-hellenic thureos unit name to better describe them.
    - Fixed AOR judean thureos unit missing javelins
    - Fixed some more baktrian pop unit sizes
    - Fixed special ports missing eastern tech requirements.
    - Fixed egyptian citizen cav missing swords in combat.
    - Removed testudo from an imitation legion unit incorrectly assigned.
    - Fixed missing AOR balearic slingers in HatG (new campaign only)
    - Small increase to baggage train movement values.
    - Fixed missing weapon/wrong animation for lugii cav unit.
    - Fixed emergent bithynia faction general options
    - Moved sparta tier 3 AOR units down to tier 2 since only sparta can build tier 3.
    - Fixed massalia celto hellenic unit morale value.
    - Fixed various factions having smaller numbers of ballista/artillery pieces per unit than they should.
    - Fixed AOR iberian unit missing javelins.
    - Fixed syracuse pikes missing shields.
    - Fixed parthian bodyguard unit being recruitable.
    - Fixed late triarii/allied units not properly using their specialized animations.

Credits
    - Glado for use of his Roman cheekguards submod in the main mod. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dresden; February 15, 2017 at 02:58 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

dajarvi's Avatar Semisalis
    Marquette, Michigan, right on Lake Superior

I'm going to start a new campaign to check this out. Last campaign was with the latest patch you posted. Played as Rome. I couldn't hold a peace treaty for the life of me. Hard Campaign, normal battle. However....I'm not complaining

Difficulty level will still really matter also just to warn everyone. Hard will be harder to maintain good diplomacy, very hard will be nearly impossible.

Libertus

Are Galatian Infantry on the Pergamon roster supposed to not have javelins? Seems odd because most Celtic infantry does.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Thx will give the new update whirl. "Reduced AI diplomacy likeliness to declare war settings" Will this prevent people from declaring war on me all the time? I know it it Total War but man. Very Challenging, I had to mod the Reduced upkeep and cost mod a very tincy bit to raise another army in order to prevent my own extinction.

EDIT_EDIT_@Dresden----Part one of your link has 6 parts in the mod manager, when I downloaded it

Yip crashed---think you may have uploaded the wrong files bro---I had to untick parts 1-6 and all is good it seems
    Last edited by airborne guy; February 15, 2017 at 07:18 PM.

Really enjoying CAI and Diplomacy in this update on Normal. Treaties are important, AI is aggressive but without the excessive steamrolling we saw before. Alliance blocks are forming, but the AI is still willing to declare war through them. A Mediterranean World War has broken out by 250, with Rome and the Greek world on one side and Carthage and several very powerful and consolidated barbarian tribes on the other. The east seems quite peaceful judging by the Seleucid and Ptolemy's enemy list, but I haven't been able to get vision over there yet.

If there's lack of difficulty I'm always happy to house rule or handicap myself somehow, if Normal is what it takes to have a good diplomacy system.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Hi, after downloading the part two cannot be extracted. I tried both links. Any advise?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

omg I have playing very hard CAI and that's the reason why diplomatic is impossible..

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Hi, after downloading the part two cannot be extracted. I tried both links. Any advise?
    Hrm, I don't know - its the same compression (7z) as part 1. I haven't updated it in awhile but it should be a normal extraction. Edit- just tested it, I could open it fine. Maybe you have an antivirus program or browser antivirus thing ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolaris8472 View Post
    Really enjoying CAI and Diplomacy in this update on Normal. Treaties are important, AI is aggressive but without the excessive steamrolling we saw before. Alliance blocks are forming, but the AI is still willing to declare war through them. A Mediterranean World War has broken out by 250, with Rome and the Greek world on one side and Carthage and several very powerful and consolidated barbarian tribes on the other. The east seems quite peaceful judging by the Seleucid and Ptolemy's enemy list, but I haven't been able to get vision over there yet.

If there's lack of difficulty I'm always happy to house rule or handicap myself somehow, if Normal is what it takes to have a good diplomacy system.
    Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    omg I have playing very hard CAI and that's the reason why diplomatic is impossible..
    Well, Normal will be definitely the baseline experience I think in terms of having diplomacy that is expected and somewhat predictable/consistent. Hard will bring with it some more backstabbing chances and more aggression. Very Hard you can throw all the friendship out the window. I would like to get Hard a bit more consistent if possible, but it will always have that element in it where you really have to work to maintain friends and its still challenging to do so. This is also why I changed the faction selection screen text to "recommended difficulty" so people realize its important now.
    Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Thx will give the new update whirl. "Reduced AI diplomacy likeliness to declare war settings" Will this prevent people from declaring war on me all the time? I know it it Total War but man. Very Challenging, I had to mod the Reduced upkeep and cost mod a very tincy bit to raise another army in order to prevent my own extinction.

EDIT_EDIT_@Dresden----Part one of your link has 6 parts in the mod manager, when I downloaded it

Yip crashed---think you may have uploaded the wrong files bro---I had to untick parts 1-6 and all is good it seems
    Yes, as it says in the download thread you must deactivate Steam version if you want to try this out, they are not compatible. The part 1 has many versions because they are previous versions, this way its easier for me to update as it stays as the same link. Also, it makes it so that people can download previous versions if they wanted.
    Last edited by Dresden; February 16, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Yes, as it says in the download thread you must deactivate Steam version if you want to try this out, they are not compatible. The part 1 has many versions because they are previous versions, this way its easier for me to update as it stays as the same link. Also, it makes it so that people can download previous versions if they wanted.
    BTW, if updating DeI on Steam is so tedious, may I suggest you update just part 1 on steam and have people download part 2 from mediafire or google drive?
    IMO itīs the most elegant solution^^
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Patrician

That would be the most horrible thing to do ;P People would use that with regular steam parts and complain the mod is not working, in general mass confusion. Once it will be released on steam, it will be done in full form.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

I just hope you guys wonīt have to buy another copy of R2 just to keep the mod updated
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Well, Normal will be definitely the baseline experience I think in terms of having diplomacy that is expected and somewhat predictable/consistent. Hard will bring with it some more backstabbing chances and more aggression. Very Hard you can throw all the friendship out the window. I would like to get Hard a bit more consistent if possible, but it will always have that element in it where you really have to work to maintain friends and its still challenging to do so. This is also why I changed the faction selection screen text to "recommended difficulty" so people realize its important now.
    Playing as Sparta on Normal / Normal. End turn 1, Knossos isn't even in my known factions. I get a letter from Knossos that reads "Hey buttface, we like you but we want your stuff". Welp, ok , war it is. Really sets the tone for this campaign. Start of next turn, diplomatic status: Knossos loves me because apparently I had the +40 gift bonus plus the same culture, yada yada. I offer them peace, and they accept it. Hurray all is well in the world. Well, end of turn 5 I've mostly recruited a full stack and town upgrades are almost complete. Knossos accepted a non aggression pact and even paid me money for it. All seems well, and then.. Knossos declares war again only one turn after signing and paying for the non-aggression pact. So much for that "Reliable" rating. These coy bastards land an army in Sparta right as Im eyeballing the Aetolians, and I have to cancel my last 5 units of recruiting and rush back to intercept them. Even after crushing them, I quickly realized I couldn't assault them without a port because my transport ships take massive attrition from one turn of just being on the shores. Whereas the AI can completely ignore that and just launch army after army at me, and there's nothing I can do about it but betray my only ally in this war-torn world and take their port.

I was hesitant to do this, because Athens was generating a lot of income that I definitely wouldn't have if I took the city due to the AI buffs, and they'd no doubt be useful when Rome got done with Epirus. Defending myself from the Cretan assaults, I started showing mercy and releasing the captives. Never instigated a battle against them, even at the cost of a lingering army in my land which foraged my food. Well to my dismay, releasing their troops was a fruitless effort because the positive relationship effect was negligible because of "Military Actions" penalty constantly on the rise every time I beat them. Despite the fact that I was only ever defending, this penalty totally prevented me from strategically laying the ground work for peace between my Greek brethren.

I like the aggressive AI, it means I don't always have to be on the offense to actually have some action in the campaign, but I don't think it's working as intended with the "Aggressive / Reliable" settings atm. Particularly regarding the 2nd turn where Knossos and I had nothing but positive relationship ratings except for the war which now evaporated since they had declared the war on me. Gifts + Cultural Affinity + Non-aggression treaty made our rating in the 80's. 3 turns later, they totally backstabbed me. It kept me on my toes and made the first 20-25 turns really really challenging with looming threats of Rome, low income and my population restrictions only allowed me to have like 6 quality troops. The rest was Helots. I do love the challenge of being forced to choose my armies carefully based on cost, upkeep, and pop. counts. Spartan youths might be 1/3 of the upkeep of Spartan hoplites and still have really good stats for that cost, but they draw from the 1st class population which limits my main line and cavalry.

I guess my only complaint is that on Normal / Normal, my experience is showing that the AI's reliability rating is more like Warlike / Devious or Treacherous. I'd expect that behavior from Rome or Selucid.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Hrm, I don't know - its the same compression (7z) as part 1. I haven't updated it in awhile but it should be a normal extraction. Edit- just tested it, I could open it fine. Maybe you have an antivirus program or browser antivirus thing ?
    Hi, winrar even 7zip is giving error after 56mb extracted. I can open archive and get mod picture out just fine but when i try to extract the *.pack file it just crash after a few sec... (win 10, 64bits) browser, downloader, antivirus..checked everything..

EDIT: screw it, it was not working on one external disc O.o itīs fine now...
    Last edited by Daruwind; February 16, 2017 at 06:38 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)