Thread: MAARC LXVII Results!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXVII Results!

MAARC LXVII
    Congratulations to the winners!

In FIRST PLACE is A Long Way From Home by Caillagh. Please allow me to introduce our first-place winner in Caillagh's own words: "This is the story of a man who doesn't know where he is, doesn't know why he's there, and hasn't the first idea what to do about it. And then the dragons arrive...". Praised by readers for its protagonist ("I like our slightly punch-drunk protagonist and his slowly evaporating memories" - Hitai de Bodemloze) and for its humour ("I love the irony you're applying in here" - Roman Heritage) this is a story to savour!

In SECOND PLACE is Nous Pauvre Couillon du Front by theSilentKiller, a tale from the First World War, rich in historical research and using the distinctive Parlando style of writing, a story described by Caillagh as "fascinating" and by another reader as showing us "a vivid picture of the life of a soldier in the early days of the war" and an authentic and engaging story!

In THIRD PLACE is For Honor or for Glory? by waveman, in which we follow the struggles of the Tokugawa clan to survive during the brutal conflict of the Sengoku Jidai in 16th century Japan, a tale praised by a veteran Shogun II AAR writer (""Gripping story telling, detailed descriptions and beautiful screenshots" - Merchant of Venice) - a tale not to be missed!

Thanks to all those who submitted and of course congratulations to our winners!

The submission thread is here and the voting thread is here

Default Re: MAARC LXVII Results!

Congratulation to Caillagh for his well deserved first place! My AAR being on the podium when there were so many excellent AARs is a great honor, I hope we manage to get six entries for the next comptetion again.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Well...

I'm thrilled to have won - I've never won a MAARC before.

Thank you to everyone who voted (for anybody, not just for me).

And many, many congratulations to both theSilentKiller and waveman. They both thoroughly deserve their podium spots and WS points, and it's an honour to be sharing a results thread with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh View Post
    I'm thrilled to have won - I've never won a MAARC before.
    Yeah you've only won those small AAROTY awards and nobody even pays attention to those.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

(Yeah, you'd think that would make winning a MAARC less exciting, but it really doesn't...)