Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2r released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2f released!

What's the changelist for 2.2f? Is there anything else than Thermon client ruler and successor script?
    Last edited by Barnabas; December 17, 2016 at 03:01 AM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    What's the changelist for 2.2f? Is there anything else than Thermon client ruler and successor script?
    A few pages back the dev of this mod posted:

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Updated to 2.2f, including:
    • Saka and Pahlava pre-reform governments now give penalties to order after reform.
    • Reduced movement penalty for ClientRuler to reduce stacking of penalties over time/in winter.
    • More adjustments to recruit_priority_offset
    • Unit upkeep revised to 3/16th recruitment (50% increase on previous numbers)
    • Some changes to charge pathfinding for cavalry
    • Complete overhaul of Dahan/Sakan recruitment
    • Large trait update including correction of some AntiTrait issues
    • Changes to descr_campaign_db to make revolts more likely for the AI
    • Corrected some errors in Numidian governments and horse herds following change of Numidian religion
    • Corrected erroneous faction reference in Numidian reform religion-change
    • Numerous settlement name changes
    • Adjusted starting armies/garrisons downwards (not as low as before the previous change).
    • Added some scripted nudges at the start of the game - AI Rome will attack Taras and Pyrrhos will attack Sparte.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That's for 2.2g.

It's better than the alternative, which is a faction driven to passivity by debt and lacking the ability to defend itself if attacked.

Also there's the human player to the south of them, and you've stolen some of their early potential gains.
    Is it better? Better that a faction that has been reduced to a rump and economically isolated should have its war machine still churning out units like it was running a small empire? Oh, I see, like Hitler was able to keep churning out Panzer divisions from his surrounded bunker in Berlin? Very historically accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian8 View Post
    Is it better? Better that a faction that has been reduced to a rump and economically isolated should have its war machine still churning out units like it was running a small empire? Oh, I see, like Hitler was able to keep churning out Panzer divisions from his surrounded bunker in Berlin? Very historically accurate.
    Yes, it's better. I'm sorry, but there's no way around this, without a finance script all the small factions will do nothing and you'll have a passive game. At the end of the day, it's still a game with constraints imposed on us by the way CA coded it.

I should add, two stacks isn't ten.

Yes, is better. Almost win the game is a real challenge.

And i'm not an hardcore gamer

Huh. Does going through Agoge affect other traits indirectly? I put a few FMs through it, and they're all getting Brutal and Lenient traits.

Apani's Avatar Senator

The settlement of Nertobriga (south of Leusitane's capital) starts with no garrison.

Is 2.2f save game compatible with 2.2e? I'm guessing no since a bunch of my generals got a whole bunch of crazy traits (best general got passed under the yoke )
    Last edited by Falco; December 17, 2016 at 12:14 PM.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Colos1987 View Post
    That's true, but 90k households is simply nuts, I have never been able to cross 40k in any of EBII games, not even with excellent governors and all population boosters built.

It has to be your FL who does this. Traits have been worked on for 2.2f, maybe there is some hidden trait that has no icon?

Colos
    Yup,it's at 100,000 now but the famine has come back so now it's at-0.5%. The income is based mostly on taxes so it's at 17,000 now. When I move the FL out, the famine increases which causes the population to go to -10%. There's something hidden in the FL in this case because his traits don't increase growth. It's very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Huh. Does going through Agoge affect other traits indirectly? I put a few FMs through it, and they're all getting Brutal and Lenient traits.
    Possibly; how the character does going through the Agoge has a whole host of triggers for other traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    The settlement of Nertobriga (south of Leusitane's capital) starts with no garrison.
    That's weird, I'll have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Is 2.2f save game compatible with 2.2e? I'm guessing no since a bunch of my generals got a whole bunch of crazy traits (best general got passed under the yoke )
    No. No update is ever savegame compatible, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Yup,it's at 100,000 now but the famine has come back so now it's at-0.5%. The income is based mostly on taxes so it's at 17,000 now. When I move the FL out, the famine increases which causes the population to go to -10%. There's something hidden in the FL in this case because his traits don't increase growth. It's very odd.
    That's really weird.

Campidoctor

I wonder if that super population explosion has anything to do with the Carthaginian equivalent of a building with no icon called something like "captured (or converted or something?) new culture", which gives 100% bonus to few things including food imports. I had two of these (one damaged and unrepairable) at one of the Bosporan Greek settlements I liberated from the Sauroatae as the Makedonians. They feel like a hidden AI mechanic type thing I'm not supposed to see and greatly increased population and happiness.

Biarchus

Perhaps, but I've seen those before in previous versions but I haven't seen one in this campaign. Again though, why would it only be activated if the FL is the governor. I did try to upload the save on post #355 for anyone wanting to check it out.

Did EB2 lose the start menu uninstall option at some recent point? I tried installing fresh for 2.2f and had to go into the game folder itself to find the EB uninstall executable, which was only recognisable by virtue of using the same icon as the launch executable. =p

Apani's Avatar Senator

That's weird, I'll have a look.
    It's not that weird, somebody just moved the settlement but forgot to move its garrison.

I'm not sure if it is actually a result of the Agoge, but two of my FM have had each turn, alternating Lenient/Brutal listed 4 or 5 times in the FM screen.
    This continues for several turns. (Only cured when one of them died - the other still gets it). You would thin that would maje them "even Handed"
    Regards
    P.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    I'm not sure if it is actually a result of the Agoge, but two of my FM have had each turn, alternating Lenient/Brutal listed 4 or 5 times in the FM screen.
    This continues for several turns. (Only cured when one of them died - the other still gets it). You would thin that would maje them "even Handed"
    Regards
    P.
    I get the same thing. As far as I understand it, such trait behavior happens when there triggers both for and against the trait, causing it to "oscillate" within same turn.

By the way...playing as Makedonia, I have no way of converting the camp in Illyria to town, right?

From what was mentioned on the camps thread I think this is able to be converted only by the Boii (and maybe Getai). Fortunately it comes with a good wooden wall so it is still defensible.
    Regards
    P.

Playing with Epeiros, EB2.2F. Some remarks:
    _this stack never moves Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enb2016_12_16_15_51_57.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	362.7 KB 
ID:	342260, enjoying sea, sex an sun on the island

_ lucky guy ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enb2016_12_17_11_41_50.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	302.3 KB 
ID:	342261

_ two gods in the same building ? (my bad if it is the same Demeter, in different language/culture) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enb2016_12_16_15_43_18.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	367.6 KB 
ID:	342262

_ and during a trip on the Rivera, spent a couple of days inside the country... Weird position, no ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enb2016_11_14_14_20_14.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	342263

For the temple: i see two temples for two gods.

For the character trait: often a change will be advertised 2 times, but if you watch the character desciption he have only 1 starved trait (i think )