Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Updated 24/3)

Another small hotfix:

https://mega.nz/#!jxBG1IKL!lGUY0cUs_...-8nq3jSQXAiBbY

*Added missing agent values from previous version (total agent cap is increased but agents now cost a lot more, which they should considering they're better than in base DeI)
    *Spies get slightly increased base line of sight
    *Replaced satrapy entries with tributary in some text-tables that I missed previously

@Greek Strategos
    By the time you're back there will most likely be a bunch of smaller hotfixes. Thanks!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Hi Ygraine, i am having fun with the Kyrenaike campaign, but this situation just happened to me now. I liberate the Siwa faction , and i made the mistake to not call them to join the war with me, because i wanted to conquer all the cities in the Nile. I thought there wasn't going to be a problem but they decided to attack me. So they have good relations with my faction but they still decided to attack me. There is anything i can do editing your pack to reduce the Ai agressiveness? Maybe that could help to prevent this situations to happen. I also saw Carthage declaring war on me but they never attacked me. Thyni also declared war on me but they are so far away. I think nothing can be done to prevent factions that are far away to declare war but maybe this can im prove by tweaking AI agressiveness?

Also Kyrenaike family name in power, is "Cyprus". Maybe you can change that to something else? Could be "Disciples of Apollo". Or maybe better, Magas was Ptolomey half brother and of course he was also from "Ptolemaic dynasty". So you could rename Cyprus to Ptolemaic dynasty, and change the rival party from Disciples of Ares to Disciples of Apollo.

Update: I found the DEi CAI agression submods and i will study both packs for comparison and do some tests.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 30, 2019 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

New update out!

*Added campaign movement bonuses to city/town cores, representing improved infrastructure in the region as you upgrade your core. Tier I = 3%, tier II = 6%, tier III = 9% and tier IV = 12%. Works for all forces in the region, not just your own.

https://mega.nz/#!PlRnnaIA!55QD6vprt...CBOKCSaXNJOcW8

@andresimoes

Factions that have "treacherous" as a personality will most likely backstab you, even if you have good relations with them.

The tables you want to focus on are called "cai_personality_deal_evaluation_x" and cai_personality_diplomatic_x". You can also use DeI's tables if you want a kinder AI who won't start a war against you in the three first turns, my values are adjusted for a harder CAI. Although I'm guessing that "treacherous" personalities probably backstab just as much in base DeI. *shrug*

Yes thank you Ygraine. I apologize if i make too many questions. Started to learn a little about DB editing and there is much to learn
    And i want to add the more i am playing with DV the more i am enjoying your emblems and the mod in general. Amazing mod for DEI.

@andresimoes

Thanks! Don't worry about it, I don't mind questions!

Yes, it's a lot of fun to tailor the game to your experience once you learn some modding.

Apologies, forgot to reply to your post about Cyrenaica. I don't know super duper much about them, but Magas of Cyrene is working on an excellent mod with a lot of depth about that kingdom: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...yrene-Expanded

Going into detail for specific factions is something I have in the plans as well, but it will have to wait a bit until some other core features are added to the mod. Right now I'm using Dresden's political parties for all factions.

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Updated 29/3)

hey there, i was wondering why roman units lost the disciplined formation and was replaced with something passive?

Hi!

Unless I'm mistaken it was removed in the main mod. I can easily re-add it though, but should probably test the difference in more battles first.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

In main mod it was replaced with vanilla shield wall formation along with limited ranka per unit type.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Why is it that Bronze shield Pikes have better stats than Royal Pike men?

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Updated 2019-04-10)

I don't know if its just my campaigns, but cavalry units lost their horses! They start as footmen in loose formation. I'm using latest version btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan7 View Post
    Why is it that Bronze shield Pikes have better stats than Royal Pike men?
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll check it out. We are planning to make a new formula on unit prices soon, should fix any inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by valerius karamanus View Post
    I don't know if its just my campaigns, but cavalry units lost their horses! They start as footmen in loose formation. I'm using latest version btw.
    Which unit is it?

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the mod to work. The mod loads partially. For example, Rome's banners change to purple and most of the factions have had their icons and names changed. As far as i can tell this is the only difference, the game is still 4tpy, most factions start with 21,000, buildings prices have not increased by 50%, and I can still make client states as Rome.

I am only loading the submod and the 2 main dei files. I have tried using steam only versions and changing the load order in the mod manager

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Most likely, revert the mod manager
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-Mod-Manager

Thank, that worked!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

All latest doubles were merged,fixed fonts,added spoilers,general cleanup etc

With 4tpy , polybian is not triggered and with the coming of 99th turn the marian happened. So basicly i jumped from camillan to marian.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Chicano View Post
    With 4tpy , polybian is not triggered and with the coming of 99th turn the marian happened. So basicly i jumped from camillan to marian.
    Living the dream
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Turn 152 ... civil war :|

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Updated 2019-05-16)

Reform dates aren't set for 4TPY, you'd have to edit them manually!

Small update released that mainly changes ranged combat, it should be more effective frontally vs shielded targets now, but overall less ammo (along with some other smaller changes).

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Updated 2019-05-16)

Just a quick question - I have my FL in patrol stance around my capital and he's not gaining much exp? I want him to become a pseudo dignitary / governor with traits but he's just not gaining exp is this intended?