Thread: Income forts

Icon5 Income forts

Is it possible to make the pre-placed forts on the campaign map have some sort of income?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Income forts

No, not possible. You can placed them on top of a trading resource which will then enable the trading fort cheat - you can place multiple merchants in them afaik. Other then that I am not aware of any possibility.

Alright, thanks man ! I guess giving them free upkeep would also work (as you gain from what you haven't lost...)

Blog Entries

That is a way to look at it

Answered my own question! It might be possible to make forts with income and even recruitment by placing them on a new resource type and have a merchant-like character (named something else, like governor) sit on it, although you will need to change him when he dies. As for recruitment, putting mercenary unit recruitment spots at the fort location and having a general recruit them is also an idea, whith different mercenary units for each faction (original idea by @Miguel_80)

Blog Entries

Recruitment spots won't be possible - they are available anywhere in a region. Regular recruitment requires a settlement building which is not possible in a fort.

Well no, I guess it would not be regular, but it surely works. The way he did it was by making the mercenaries recruitable by the general by an event triggered when he is of a certain faction and at a certain place that changes the mercenary unit to be recruited, that then triggers another event that changes the type of unit to be recruited. (I think, I'm a total noob at modding so it could be wrong )

Blog Entries

Event counter based mercenary recruiting - that's possible.

frodo010595's Avatar Foederatus

Would be almost too good if it were possible I feel. Nevertheless it would be awesome =)

Always found income forts as a bit of a unnecesary exploit. Its not realy like income is a big issue in the vanilla game or a limiting factor, as a very new factor it is just healthy to learn tha basic functions of the game and later it wont bother you imo.

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

In Dominion of the Sword mod income from forts is simulated via ancillaries: All forts have general with peasants as their bodyguard unit, they (or general) have 0 movement points and this general have ancillary that gives fixed amount of cash every turn. Unfortunatelly mod is in alpha version and it can't be tested what happens, when we conquer such fort, battles are causing ctd.