Thread: Boioi War Horns Far Too Loud

Default Boioi War Horns Far Too Loud

Playing a Boioi campaign, and the sheer volume of the low-fidelity war horn SFX being used for attack and movement orders has forced me to mute the game. Can anyone tell me where these sound files are located so that I can reduce their volume?

Default Re: Boioi War Horns Far Too Loud

Why? Carynxes were very loud anyway?

Have you downloaded the 2.2a patch?

Have the sound been lowered in the patch? Because i haven´t encountered them yet or waged war against them, but damn in the first release! I nearly got a a heart attack when i heard their war horns!

Yes, the volume was reduced in the patch.

But now I can't vuvuzuela spam!

Can anyone give me just the files related to the war horns in patch 2.2a, if they are save game compatible? Me and my brother have both already started their camapigns in 2.2, and the only thing kinda bothering us is the war horns being too loud.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Can anyone give me just the files related to the war horns in patch 2.2a, if they are save game compatible? Me and my brother have both already started their camapigns in 2.2, and the only thing kinda bothering us is the war horns being too loud.
    They're not savegame compatible changes, no change to sounds are. You'll also hit the enslave bug if you don't patch. And possibly the Aedui failing to re-emerge and CTD'ing bug too.

i find the horns in 2.2a very loud.

EDIT: Nevermind i overlooked the 2.2a dropbox-link.

Gotta do something about these horn sounds. I have to lower Effects volume in order to not hear those deafening horns but now I can't hear the battlefield with arrows whizzing past, shields clashing, catapults firing etc.

It was fun at first but as the battle AI makes a new decision every 4 or 5 seconds in siege battles, it's getting very irritating. If you can't lower it, remove it. This isn't a feature that's needed for immersion if it's going to be so deafeningly loud.

http://sendvid.com/4encfcbf
    Last edited by riskymonk; July 22, 2016 at 03:29 AM.

The volume was turned down in 2.2b; what version are you playing?

I'm sure I'm playing 2.2b. Downloaded it from here http://www.moddb.com/mods/europa-bar...m-2/downloads/

Biarchus

Check the main menu, it says in the lower left corner the version.