Thread: Musket sound mod

Default Musket sound mod

Hi everyone

I have replaced the darthmod musket sounds with general andy's musket sounds to give it a more realistic feel.
    Here is his thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Musket-Sounds
    I have tried to activate his musket sound mod with the user.empire_script but this didn't seem to work. So I merged it with the DME_Sound.pack file and it seems to work.

To install simply download the attachment where you will find the DME_Sound.pack file.
    Search for the DME_Sound.pack file in the Empire Darthmod Data folder and replace it with mine.
    The file could be located in two different places depending on if you have Darthmod already enabled or disabled

either: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME\Packs (if Darthmod is disabled)
    or: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data (if enabled)

And that should be it

If you want to you can also replace the binkw32.dll file in the empire folder (located here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War) with the one in the attachment.
    It lets you hear more sounds like death screams and officer commands (at least for me it did...).
    This is optional and is not required for the mod to work.

Download

All Credits go to General Andy for his amazing musket mod.

Default Re: Musket sound mod

Wow, thanks for taking the time to make this. I've been trying to get General Andy's sounds to work with darthmod for years... much appreciated

Civis

ADJM_03

Would you mind re-uploading your mod? Everytime I download it, it gets to 99% then stops...nothing happens. Or you could tell me how to combine Andy's Musket sounds with Darths

Thanks.

@bcl1212 Final version of DarthMod Empire arleady contains probably the best mix of sounds taken from ACW: The Blue and the Grey mod and General Andy's Musket sound mod. So you do not need any additional submods.

See it yourself:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-v8-0-Platinum

Civis

musketer

Thanks for the response. I have played the DME 8.1 for many years now and wanted to mimic the musket sounds more closely related to DarthMod Napoleon. I have gotten General Andys musket sound to work, but it required that I turn off enhanced battle sounds for DarthMod. To compensate for the cannon sounds I used Digg's Improved cannon sounds, but I do not have the impact sounds of shells hitting the ground and explosions. The other problem is the mod that offered explosion sounds has expired. So that is why i am asking how I can combine General Andy's musket sounds with that of sounds from DarthMod? If I had some directions on how to do this with PFM it would be nice. Thanks.

Civis

Musketer

Thank you for the suggestion, very much appreciated.

Thank you so much

The Download link doesnt seem to be working,can you fix it?