Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

Tiro

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2a is released!

Hello,

I downladed the patch from that site without troubles using mozilla firefox + adblock plus complement ( slow/free download option , of course ), no virus warning at all.

Started another campaign makedon 2.2a cai-average/bai-average and all greece provinces have their ports working in the campaign map ( i checked with my spy and all of them have lighhouse + blue circle + trade lines going from/to the tile). Team 1- bugs 0, another match won, well done, and pretty fast too if you ask me. Ports in Athenai and Sparta are working too once i conquer the cities. Ill need some turns tio check the epeiros ones but i bet there wont be any trouble.

Regards:

Melvi

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    Is the new KH starting situation intended?

Seems pretty weird to have the FL in Crete with only 2 units. Wasnt him leading an army to actually take Krete? You need to hire most of the available mercs there to have a decent force now to take Krete with.

Also the power balance with Makedon seem to have been shifted in general. I may not be recalling it perfectly as its been some time since last one but although outnumbered I didnt remember such a big difference. Im getting sieged with a full stack turn 2 and they have another full stack in Korinthos while you dont have 1 full stack with all your starting troops that are dispersed to add difficulty.
    Areus was basically on Krete to hire mercenaries and cause trouble - you can still do that quite easily at the start, as long as you don't leave it too long before the other factions hire up everything available.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuycidides View Post
    (2.02a) Oh my god, that is the worst file hosting site I've ever seen. Whoever uses it should do a virus and malware sweep of their machine. Seriously, I love what you guys are doing with EBII, but don't put my $1000 investment at risk.
    Updated the original post with a Dropbox link.

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Hello,

I downladed the patch from that site without troubles using mozilla firefox + adblock plus complement ( slow/free download option , of course ), no virus warning at all.

Started another campaign makedon 2.2a cai-average/bai-average and all greece provinces have their ports working in the campaign map ( i checked with my spy and all of them have lighhouse + blue circle + trade lines going from/to the tile). Team 1- bugs 0, another match won, well done, and pretty fast too if you ask me. Ports in Athenai and Sparta are working too once i conquer the cities. Ill need some turns tio check the epeiros ones but i bet there wont be any trouble.

Regards:

Melvi
    Glad it's fixed.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Sorry, I have included outdated patch on my dropbox, here's the one https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4rtxmmgyj...patch.zip?dl=0 so if you have downloaded the patch from my previous post, use this now.

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2 is released!

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Hahahah ok well it's very noisy i have a good sound system and sometimes even my desk vibrates xD
    The horns are growing on me, but also giving me tinnitus

I actually at first started a campaign on the second to last difficulty and on turn 2 numidia marched to carthage and attacked it. I took my spy to their capital to see that they have two full stacks. Yeah i immediately quit cause i found that a bit ridiculous. so i started a campaign on subpar. (I hope the enemy uses mercs on this difficulty!) and see there numidia marched straight to carthage and declared war on me on turn 2 again. So i had to pacify numidia and force diplomacy them to be my vassal.
    I started a campaign as Carthage, ended up deciding I had to restart it after about 20 turns, both times Numidia declared war very early on. It seems like it's kind of obligatory to wipe out the Numidians, at least on "average" difficulty. Also can't imagine a way to survive economically without disbanding the Elephants in Sicily, just can't afford 2000 minai a turn

i also started shuffling around my generals to get them places in the government. There is a barcid general called hamalcar. Is this Hamilcar barca? or is of anno (the general i use on that screenshot xD) the dad of the 1 year old hamilcar. If yes shouldn't Anno also get the barcid trait?
    This is something I was wondering about, when it says "elections happen in Carthage at the end of winter" that means a general must be *in Carthage* to be elected?

Also, how does the game decide when you are "at peace", for the purposes of determining whether an FM can be elected "General" (Rab-whatsit)? Is it only war with another faction, not fighting against rebels?

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31

i liked more previous carthage. yep they were frozen till numidians took almost rest of rebel camps, but they at least were stacked enough to defend their hearth of empire. now they keep parked 3/4 all stacks in cities for paranoid imagines beeing attacked by eleutheroi. also, i have to say general with 2 loyalty never betrayed me but seems its absolute routine in ai armies, where biggest ptolemaic stack whic they relied on to defend against nabatans just deserted bcoz of 2 loyalty lol . another thing i dont understand is why carthage have so many ships when they sending soldiers from lilybum to iberia via foot march.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    i liked more previous carthage. yep they were frozen till numidians took almost rest of rebel camps, but they at least were stacked enough to defend their hearth of empire. now they keep parked 3/4 all stacks in cities for paranoid imagines beeing attacked by eleutheroi. also, i have to say general with 2 loyalty never betrayed me but seems its absolute routine in ai armies, where biggest ptolemaic stack whic they relied on to defend against nabatans just deserted bcoz of 2 loyalty lol . another thing i dont understand is why carthage have so many ships when they sending soldiers from lilybum to iberia via foot march.
    Yeah in my Romani campaign Carthage has big problems surviving

My Carthage is fine too in a 2.2a Rome/KB Campaign. And i expect it should be possible for them to re-emerge as well if they get conquered.

They are doing well enough to send a stack to Italy to help me out against Epirus and i think they are at war with Numidia too. I love this AI.

You guys really did an amazing job with this release.

"Thanks" for answering my question!

Anyway, I have to report two bugs that did not result in any crashes. On the map, position (x,y) 310,9 Saba's units always get stuck trying to find their way to Axum. In addition, Gergouia rebelled against Rome and it did not result in the Arverni re-emerging. Other than that, no complaints so far!

Now that the Triarii are halved in strength, have their recruitment been doubled?
    Last edited by Zajuts149; June 06, 2016 at 09:14 PM.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Not sure what you guys are downloading, virustotal reports absolutely no hits and despite my initial thought that it may be the way a team member wrote one of our tools, it obviously isn't the case. It seems like your anti virus or whatever is reporting that isn't functioning correctly or giving an erroneous report.

Here's a dropbox mirror to download the patch from in case you're getting some sort of adware from that site.

EDIT:
    To clarify- sometimes an anti virus will mistakenly think a snippet of code or the way something is set up indicates a virus, by using virustotal we can see if the major anti virus' like kapersky, norton or malwarebytes report something wrong all in succession. If there's a majority of hits or close to a majority (50%) then even still it is a suspicious file. Clearly however, with 0 hits out of 56 reputable antiviruses, it isn't the case.
    if you're using any adblocks or edited host files or an otherwise well protected machine which the average user might not be, which is likely given that you're a tech savvy coder type, you can't be so sure what you see is what the rest of us get. there are definitely much better and cleaner ways to distribute files. like dropbox, which you already did now. so thanks for that.

The ports are missing on the campaign map, but in the same time are built in the cities I mentioned.
    I will install the patch, or directly reinstall everything, and see if the problem comes from my installation.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2 is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang von Zweibrücken View Post
    The horns are growing on me, but also giving me tinnitus

I started a campaign as Carthage, ended up deciding I had to restart it after about 20 turns, both times Numidia declared war very early on. It seems like it's kind of obligatory to wipe out the Numidians, at least on "average" difficulty. Also can't imagine a way to survive economically without disbanding the Elephants in Sicily, just can't afford 2000 minai a turn

This is something I was wondering about, when it says "elections happen in Carthage at the end of winter" that means a general must be *in Carthage* to be elected?

Also, how does the game decide when you are "at peace", for the purposes of determining whether an FM can be elected "General" (Rab-whatsit)? Is it only war with another faction, not fighting against rebels?
    well now they're gone completley xD or it was just a glitch.
    you don't have to dispand your elephants. I started both times with taking the army from spain to northern africa (carthage wasn't that interessted in spain in the times before the first punic war) and i mostly take my army from sicily too cause numidia. Them i dispand the most expensive upkeep units in all other cities except carthage and the 2 citys around it and dispand the fleets ( they have a really high upkeep) you should now easily be in the green. After that take the the numidian city in the west and force diplomacy them into being your vassal. I also build roads where ever i can. After the war i made almost 10k each turn because of early infrastructure investmen

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Herkunion was missing eastcelt - just updated that in the latest patch. But the others you identified should be working fine.
    Checked the Aedui, conquered Uesontiu and used cheats---> no Confederation there either. It seems if you build closely allied oligarchy you can get Argoi if closely allied democracy the retainers. Maybe something is wrong with my game? I don't understand, can someone check ingame for this? That is really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There's a concepted Colchian unit which hasn't been made yet. There may also be a Georgian and Iberian unit, but that's not clear yet.
    there already is an 'Iberian' unit iirc - Caucasian lancers. as of 'Georgians', there shouldnt be any such thing at this point. its like introducing 'English' or 'French' spearmen (or whatever) - at the time the concept didnt exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafkos View Post
    Sorry, I have included outdated patch on my dropbox, here's the one https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4rtxmmgyj...patch.zip?dl=0 so if you have downloaded the patch from my previous post, use this now.
    Should I download this or the one in the OP?

Is this normal playing as Getai to be able to recruit Esseda at Sarmiszegethusa?

Is is just me, or is the Carthage Rejected Commander trait a bit too strong and a bit too frequent? This is just a first impression, bear in mind. Bears in minds lol

TheMacchiavelli's Avatar Libertus

I can't believe you guys are still this committed to the mod.... Even after all these years. I remember hoping for EBII to be released so long ago.

Congrats to all of you! I don't think I've ever seen a modding team that is as dedicated and passionate as you guys.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacchiavelli View Post
    I can't believe you guys are still this committed to the mod.... Even after all these years. I remember hoping for EBII to be released so long ago.

Congrats to all of you! I don't think I've ever seen a modding team that is as dedicated and passionate as you guys.
    True. I even remember back in the day that there where so many people posting here saying that the team should "stop making this mod" and" give up their work and move on to rome 2 because it will be a much better game." Ahhh the good old days. Its really great that the team never gave up on this beautiful mod.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    True. I even remember back in the day that there where so many people posting here saying that the team should "stop making this mod" and" give up their work and move on to rome 2 because it will be a much better game." Ahhh the good old days. Its really great that the team never gave up on this beautiful mod.
    Didn't Rome II Total War come out in the middle of 2013? I guess the good ole days were three years ago. I get what you're saying, though. Look how EB II has dispelled all the nasty naysayers!