Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1089

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum 2.2b is released!

... Nope, tried twice. still nothing (both with "true" and "1"). The first time I got a random crash to desktop when I tried to exit the campaign map.

As an aside, despite making sure to follow the exact instructions in the installation guide, I never got any logs of my games when they crashed (the log file is always empty, and I've looked in the medieval2 files to see if they ended there), so I can't even upload a log to show what went wrong. Maybe that is also related to the problem (the config file could somehow be the cause of it?).

Alternatively, in the medieval2.preferences.cfg, it has commands like "unit_cards = show", so would "hud_date = show" be more appropriate? (I have very little knowledge in coding, so excuse the naive question).

In any case, I appreciate the help and advice. I'm sorry that my problem isn't an easy fix. But it's only a minor bug

Try adding the log section and the other commands to the preference.cfg file as you suspect--it could be a problem. I personally can't go borderless windowed mode without editing the med2pref.cfg file.

Ha-HA! I've figured it out! I forgot to add the headers "[misc]" above the command "show_hud_date= 1" in the med2pref.cfg file (oops...).

I also managed to get my game to create a log by adding that section to the file as well (thanks Genghis). So now I have both the date/season displayed, and a log in case things go wrong.

Yay! Thanks guys!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I don't see you anywhere, XHolyCrusader, but the moment that I do I will rep you for this:

Dude! Where can we download the latest settlement model?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I don't see you anywhere, XHolyCrusader, but the moment that I do I will rep you for this:

Dude! Where can we download the latest settlement model?
    With 2.2c update?Oh,we can't wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    With 2.2c update?Oh,we can't wait for it!
    Yes, with 2.2c. We only preview finished articles, and they are always part of the current build, meaning they'd be in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, with 2.2c. We only preview finished articles, and they are always part of the current build, meaning they'd be in the next release.
    Fair enough, but settlement models, from what I understand (and in my experience as a novice modder) aren't tied to the current build in that way (i.e. being inseparable). I'm almost positive you can exchange settlement models easily without disturbing the game in any way and it's even save-game compatible. I've done this numerous times for settlement models in TATW mods, for instance.

Don't even bother Roma, it won't work. Quintus is impervious to Jedi mind tricks (cause he's secretly a droid)
    Last edited by Rad; September 26, 2016 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Don't even bother Roma, it won't work. Quintus is impervious to Jedi mind tricks (cause he's secretly a droid)
    WOAH. A droid? Mind officially blown! It's like you're Morpheus, and you just handed me the red pill in order to force me to accept reality. You know what this means, Rad? ... ... ...it means you're African American. Congrats!

I'm assuming (or hoping) that 2.2c is coming out super soon, so my query will be pointless within a matter of days!

Well, I always wanted to be in the NBA and have a rap career (sticking to positive stereotypes)

To be fair, there are a whole slew of Force abilities that only work on droids in the extended universe.

I had to reinstall med 2 and eb 2.2b. I tried to load my old saves, it just kept returning to the main menu. What did I miss?

^ Sorry to hear that. Hope you get everything working and back to normal.

On another note, is there some sort of mind trick, spell, or brainwashing technique that can convince and outright force the EB II team to release v. 2.2c sooner?

On another note, is there some sort of mind trick, spell, or brainwashing technique that can convince and outright force the EB II team to release v. 2.2c sooner?
    Yeah,we hope 2.2c release as soon as possible.

Just by way of aperitif, what are the major improvements/changes/additions expected in 2.2c ?

Meh, I got what I could from that campaign. It's time to move on. I just don't get how the saves got messed up by simply uninstalling the game. The new instalation was indentical.

To answer your question - pizza. Pizza is the answer to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaskad View Post
    Just by way of aperitif, what are the major improvements/changes/additions expected in 2.2c ?
    Off the top of my head:
    • Updated CAI and diplomacy, probably the final version of this
    • A host of animation changes for non-spear infantry that should redress the balance issues they had, also a slight nerf to the overpowered hoplite animation
    • "Barbarian" settlement updates as previewed on the feeds recently
    • Lots more work on building icons
    • A reworking of unique buildings, all will now provide a standardised set of bonuses to reduce some of the excessive stacking
    • Biographies made to fit on the screen
    • Assorted proof-reading
    • A partial garrison script for all the starting capitals (only)
    • A new Allied Government "precursor" building, which seems to have cured the CAI of it's addiction to building nothing but Allied Governments
    • New Arevaci governments, a reform event and some special events triggered by expansion; we're planning a revamp of the Leusitane but it might not be finished in time for the release
    • A mini-rework on some Iberian units that had montefortino helmets in their early versions
    • A colony system for the Boii and new top-tier governments for Aedui and Arverni
    • Numerous little tweaks to unit stats
    • Rewrite of Italian recruitment pools; more regional variety, no more post-Marian recruitment gap
    • An ongoing exercise to trawl the EDCT and fix broken and partially-implemented things
    • Adjustment to debt relief script and re-implementation of "spring bonanza" for AI factions
    • There's a major review of temples planned, whether that's done before release I don't know
    • Numerous vegetation updates
    • New Year in History events

Foederatus

When i was looking at the Sweboz buildings i got this things. Is that a bug or something? I'm talking about the dummy thing.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Off the top of my head:
    (...)

Sounds great! =)
    i will only be sad when it comes out because I'll have to quit my delicious Pahlavi campain... XD
    Will the units that were already previewed be included or only on 2.3?
    What kind of reform will the Arevaci and the Leusitane have?

And Thank you all so much for your work on continuously improving this amasing mod.
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; September 29, 2016 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks for all these details Quintus.

I noticed some regions are missing descriptions about geography, history and strategy. Is this something you postponed to further updates or does your team intend to include some in 2.2c already ?