Thread: Light Infantry

Default Light Infantry

A question, if you will? In campaign map context, do light infantry have more movement points than their heavier counterparts? To demonstrate their superior capability in moving through difficult terrain and such. Mind you, not in real time battles, but as I mentioned, in the campaign map part of the game.

Default Re: Light Infantry

Nope, it's all hardcoded. There's variable movement rates for characters, then one movement rate for an army containing only cavalry, a slower one for any infantry, and a slower one still for artillery.

What do you think of trait that gives current roman consuls bonus in movement points when going solo in order to arrive to distant provinces to lead a war.

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    What do you think of trait that gives current roman consuls bonus in movement points when going solo in order to arrive to distant provinces to lead a war.
    I think it's totally unnecessary; FMs alone already have much higher movement rates than armies; stick them on a ship.

I wouldnt mind the increased movement for FM alone. At least ligated with the eligible for traits. Ships helps with the issue but even in italy you take two turns already to move in and another two to go back. Seems a bit much. With ships you can maintain that two-three turns though pretty easilly arround greece nrth africa and such. The problem is if you move to the north though.

We will either find a way, or make one.

When I was playing as KH the movement for artillery was the same as for infantry. Have you managed to mod the values for artillery? If so could light infantry be called artillery for the engines sake and a slight increase in movement applied. Not sure if this is possible, not very good at modding, even if it is it could be a lot of work for little gain.

Just realised that even if my suggestion did work it would probably completely the ai in battle, it might use the light infantry as artillery and the artillery as a skirmishing screen. I started to look at files and remembered why I had never done any serious modding!!!