Thread: Two Buildings of Same Type

Default Two Buildings of Same Type

Hello everyone,
    I've been playing SS for a while and haven't had this happen before. I also mess around in text files a lot so I may have changed something unintentionally to cause this problem. It's more of an annoyance than anything though.

When I play the grand campaign I have a few buildings that allow me to build two of... does anyone know what may be causing this? I peaked around in the EDB file but didn't see anything that might be causing that. I'm also a novice modder so any advice is welcome. Again, I have several buildings that are showing up as being able to be built twice in the building queue in the campaign game. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Two Buildings of Same Type

Usually because that particular region qualifies twice for some reason or another. Does the building in question use region_religion or particular hidden_resources to determine where it can be constructed? If it satisfied a condition more than once, it appears more than once. Furthermore, alternative upgrade paths aren't parsed as "or", so again if it qualifies for more than one of the upgrade options, it'll display them all.

Post the building (wrapped in [code] tags) and we might be able to see what's happening.

Default Re: Two Buildings of Same Type

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Usually because that particular region qualifies twice for some reason or another. Does the building in question use region_religion or particular hidden_resources to determine where it can be constructed? If it satisfied a condition more than once, it appears more than once. Furthermore, alternative upgrade paths aren't parsed as "or", so again if it qualifies for more than one of the upgrade options, it'll display them all.

Post the building (wrapped in [code] tags) and we might be able to see what's happening.
    I figured it out. For some reason the code for those buildings was in the file in two separate spots... weird. Thanks for the help though, I learned some valuable stuff here.

MODERATOR - Please close this thread