Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

Default Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

Quote Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
    Guys, please stop whining. It only annoys us and the devs, and it's not going to make the release come any sooner. Besides, it should be out within the next few weeks. Sit tight.
    Could of sworn I heard this exact same line back in August.

Next few weeks = March??

Yeah, sorry we couldn't fit your schedule better Dagda. We'd be just fine if you waited till March to check back in with us.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou View Post
    Yeah, sorry we couldn't fit your schedule better Dagda. We'd be just fine if you waited till March to check back in with us.
    Ow, touché!

While I do sympathise with your point there Teleklos, I do urge you to understand that since most members of the general public aren't enlightened as to the gruelling nature of your task (even if you tell them they won't realise completely what it's like), it can seem to them that they have waited a very long time (I know; I've been dying to get my hands on 0.8!). But you really must take their urgency as more of a compliment than anything else - they wouldn't be so desperate for you to release it if they didn't enjoy playing it so much. So try and play nice!

So then, if not March, can we at least say late February?

It would be closer, much closer than that.
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

I thought it was coming out this month?

"I am ronin because I serve no master.

The set of principles that denote absolute justice require no
    subordinates.
    I am a warrior of justice."
    ~ Ronin

k_raso's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I thought it was coming out this month?
    No, it was coming last month (in november), but it was a tentative date...

So, 0.8 shouldn`t be so far away. Just think that every minute that the devs have got the game in their hands -improving it and testing it- directly benefits the final product`s quality.

And also, think that every time a fan makes a question to a dev, all the time he spends reading your post and answering it, it`s time that`s substracted to the EB .8 completion process. So every time ppl ask questions to a dev, is not only slowing down 0.8 for him...

But also for me.

And that makes it my problem.

PS:

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by k_raso View Post
    No, it was coming last month (in november), but it was a tentative date...

So, 0.8 shouldn`t be so far away. Just think that every minute that the devs have got the game in their hands -improving it and testing it- directly benefits the final product`s quality.

And also, think that every time a fan makes a question to a dev, all the time he spends reading your post and answering it, it`s time that`s substracted to the EB .8 completion process. So every time ppl ask questions to a dev, is not only slowing down 0.8 for him...

But also for me.

And that makes it my problem.

PS:
    So any day now you reckon? Thats what I believe but that belief is unfounded .

subordinates.
    ~ Ronin

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

So any day now you reckon? Thats what I believe but that belief is unfounded
    Not realy, EB team members have said it will be out soon over at the .org forums, i think Khelvan even said within days(?)
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

Icon1 Re: EB v.80 - Information about the Release Date

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Not realy, EB team members have said it will be out soon over at the .org forums, i think Khelvan even said within days(?)
    Aha! Thank you for keeping me in the loop Lusted. Take all the time you need guys .

subordinates.
    ~ Ronin

You can think Lusted for possibly helping to fix a CTD too, probably shaved off a few days on our wait there But I can't wait...I just hope it comes out Wendesday, or, even better, Friday, 'cause I have fewer classes and more time for EB
    Little Kid-"Daddy, daddy! My teacher said that whenever a gas cap is found, an angel gets its wings!
    *pause*
    Daddy-"Your teacher's full of snot!"
    ~Rocko's Modern Life

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea View Post
    Ow, touché!

While I do sympathise with your point there Teleklos, I do urge you to understand that since most members of the general public aren't enlightened as to the gruelling nature of your task (even if you tell them they won't realise completely what it's like), it can seem to them that they have waited a very long time (I know; I've been dying to get my hands on 0.8!). But you really must take their urgency as more of a compliment than anything else - they wouldn't be so desperate for you to release it if they didn't enjoy playing it so much. So try and play nice!

So then, if not March, can we at least say late February?
    I understand what you're saying ZD, but the post I was replying to was not just an innocent question. Just yesterday I posted something here that quite clearly noted what stage we are at in the development of 0.8, though some might have missed it.

As for the release, we are working on packaging it right now. Nothing else is going in. To test things out, I've been trying to download the .rar version of the files (our release will be an .exe though) for the last two day, and will be at it for maybe another one or two to finish it. Life hates me enough to give me a 22 kpbs modem connection, and one that will cut off every two hours if I'm not here to hit "stay online".

WOOTTT , Downloading

k_raso's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
    WOOTTT , Downloading
    ¿¿??

Errrrrr... it`s not out yet...

Are you sure you aren't Storm Kronos? We've had people before make outrageous claims here that certainly weren't true.

For the record - 0.8 isn't released yet, and won't be released today for sure. Consider yourself on the "watch list" Cronos for that blatent lie.

Are you sure you aren't Storm Kronos?
    It is him. Same email address in profile, very similar ip addresses(both Cronos and storm_kronos seem to have a different ip address every time they post), plus the similar name and posting style. Cronos has been banned from the forum for being a duplicate account.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

storm cronos is just a confused soul. Please treat him kindly. Could someone UMBAN him?

Offcourse i would like to play EB today rather than tommorow. But after 0.74 i think that really most ctd bugs should be solved first. Speaking for my self. I think EB is worth the wait and i thank the Eb team for making this mod and for the time they have put into it.

But after 0.74 i think that really most ctd bugs should be solved first.
    I think TA said there were no major CTD bugs left(apart from maybe 1 that i might have helped fix).
    Creator of:

Quote Originally Posted by Scippio Hollandia View Post
    Offcourse i would like to play EB today rather than tommorow. But after 0.74 i think that really most ctd bugs should be solved first. Speaking for my self. I think EB is worth the wait and i thank the Eb team for making this mod and for the time they have put into it.
    EB0.74 is rather stable, just very very occasional Ctd concerning the reinforcement problem (but they have solved this problem in 0.80), at least during my Romani Campaign.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Weeeeee, Santa Claus will bring me EB 0.8 - the best gift ever

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast