Thread: 2 RTR Extended Realism download questions

Default 2 RTR Extended Realism download questions

Hi!
    I've run a RTRPE 2.0 campaign and I am interested in other mods in the RTR mod series.

1) I have downloaded RTR Extended Realism 3.5.3b and I have seen a 3.5.3c hotfix mentioned in some threads but I cannot find a download for it.
    Can someone please point me to a download site for the 3.5.3c hotfix?

2) I have a RTR Extended Realism version4beta4.zip downloaded but I have also seen a "final" version mentioned in a thread which seems to be a different size but I haven't found a download for it.

Which is the last version of RTR Extended Realism 4.0? And, if it's not beta4 where can I download it?

Thank you.

Default Re: 2 RTR Extended Realism download questions

The one you have is the last version. I am sure Quinn will come around again and make more updates, but that is the latest.

For your first question, no point as the version you have is the newest and most complete.

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post

For your first question, no point as the version you have is the newest and most complete.
    Are you saying that 3.5.3b is more complete and newer than 3.5.3c? That doesn't seem likely.

Or that version 4.0 is newer and more complete than 3.5.3?

My understanding based on this:

"ExRM 4.0 includes a number of major changes from previous versions, including hundreds of new units, a new map, and a new economic system. "

is that 4.0 is radically different from the 3 series which is why I want both. I'm studying various mods for interesting ideas for possible inclusion in my own mod someday. I also want to play them both since I may prefer to play the earlier version for some reason.

I still want the 3.5.3c hotfix unless it's something completely trivial.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Last edited by Gaius Julius Caesar II; February 05, 2016 at 09:05 PM. Reason: correct spelling

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Oh, yeah, you definitely want v4. It's a lot better, trust me. That said, I've fixed the 3.5.3c link for you: https://www.mediafire.com/?7f7v61b1rbqef4k

I'm working on a final version of ExRM v4. I'd like to be able to call it "done."
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Hello Quinn Inuit
    When do you will release your final version of ExRm v4?
    What will be the differences between it and the ExRm v4 beta 4?
    I would like to thank you for your amazing mod which is for me one of the best of RTW mods.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by mathieu57700 View Post
    Hello Quinn Inuit
    When do you will release your final version of ExRm v4?
    What will be the differences between it and the ExRm v4 beta 4?
    I would like to thank you for your amazing mod which is for me one of the best of RTW mods.

Best regards
    Hi!

I have no idea, I'm afraid. I'm still getting back into the swing of modding after a long absence.

The differences are unlikely to be substantial at this point. What I'm shooting for instead are bugfixes for everything I can find that's broken, a smoother experience, and a cleaner, more well-built download.

You're quite welcome. I had a lot of help from Carados and the rest of the team to make that happen.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    Hi!

I have no idea, I'm afraid. I'm still getting back into the swing of modding after a long absence.

The differences are unlikely to be substantial at this point. What I'm shooting for instead are bugfixes for everything I can find that's broken, a smoother experience, and a cleaner, more well-built download.

You're quite welcome. I had a lot of help from Carados and the rest of the team to make that happen.

What kind of help can i bring of what are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by mathieu57700 View Post
    What kind of help can i bring of what are you looking for?
    That's a kind offer. I'm afraid I don't know...I'm an inveterate tinkerer, so I'm still trying to decide what "done" means.

Testing would help. Just keep playing and tell me if anything seems broken or is functioning poorly.

Just keep playing and tell me if anything seems broken or is functioning poorly.
    Been playing for almost a year on Linux. The last bug I encountered was in Britannia which has now been hotfixed (or manually edited ala workaround). Of course I still have all of Germania to get to, but I'm all the way through Atlanticus eastward until Judea. Has been very stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Quintilius View Post
    Been playing for almost a year on Linux. The last bug I encountered was in Britannia which has now been hotfixed (or manually edited ala workaround). Of course I still have all of Germania to get to, but I'm all the way through Atlanticus eastward until Judea. Has been very stable.
    That's good to hear! I'm glad it's working well under Linux. Your art looks great, BTW.

Any gameplay suggestions based on your game? For instance, have you noticed spearmen being underpowered versus swordsmen, as St. Naffatun brought up elsewhere?

Any gameplay suggestions based on your game? For instance, have you noticed spearmen being underpowered versus swordsmen, as St. Naffatun brought up elsewhere?
    No I haven't, I have been using auto-resolve most of the time with untold number of Roman victories over whoever. Occasionally Macedonia will beat me surprisingly or will draw a few times sequentially. Nothing heavily specific to name off the top of my head. I do play heavily neutral; the big confrontation with Parthian/Sassanid is just beginning. There's only about 6 factions left in my game and the Marian reforms haven't yet occurred.

Oh, yeah, you definitely want v4. It's a lot better, trust me. That said, I've fixed the 3.5.3c link for you: https://www.mediafire.com/?7f7v61b1rbqef4k

I'm working on a final version of ExRM v4. I'd like to be able to call it "done."
    Thank you for the response. Sorry about the delay. I got busy on other projects and stopped looking at this thread.